Sign in to follow this  
GF#1

Please tell me things will be different this time...

Please tell me that it's a new time. A new age. A new era. One where we don't blow another #2 overall pick. I'm super stoked about the idea of putting Morant with Jackson as the beginning of the future nucleus. Supposedly Wallace is 100% on the sidelines as far as any big time decision making.

I didn't think there was much of a chance the Grizzlies could screw up in 2009. But that's precisely what they did in taking Thabeet.

As a side note, apologies to smitay. You made a great point on the Thabeet draft...

So this being said, for the love of all that is holy Grizzlies front office:  It's Ja Morant. No one else.

You cannot screw this one up. You just can't...

The more the fans scream Ja Morant, the more pressure they will feel to pick him imo.

5 minutes ago, Dwash said:

The more the fans scream Ja Morant, the more pressure they will feel to pick him imo.

Apparently the fans didin't scream loudly enough when Thabeet was being floated around and everyone was against it. 

3 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Apparently the fans didin't scream loudly enough when Thabeet was being floated around and everyone was against it. 

I actually dont think people took that seriously. I know I didnt. Plus there was no consensus obvious picks.

I really think the hype Ja is receiving mirroring that of Trae Young could really tip the scales in his favor.    Front Office has to be aware of how the ATL gamble is paying off.     Everyone knows that Hawks picked him over Luka because they thought he was more appealing to their market.    RJ aint putting butts in seats.    Only other guy that could have the affect outside of Zion is Ja.   Him actually being talented and a realistic option at #2 is gravy. 

Will things be different this time, as the O.P. asks?

Can Pera, Wexler and Kleiman screw this up?

I guess we have to hope for the best seeing how little hope we honestly had of getting the 2nd pick. The surprise still hasn't worn off.

2 hours ago, GF#1 said:

Please tell me that it's a new time. A new age. A new era. One where we don't blow another #2 overall pick. I'm super stoked about the idea of putting Morant with Jackson as the beginning of the future nucleus. Supposedly Wallace is 100% on the sidelines as far as any big time decision making.

I didn't think there was much of a chance the Grizzlies could screw up in 2009. But that's precisely what they did in taking Thabeet.

As a side note, apologies to smitay. You made a great point on the Thabeet draft...

So this being said, for the love of all that is holy Grizzlies front office:  It's Ja Morant. No one else.

You cannot screw this one up. You just can't...

No apology necessary.  Let's just hope we get this one right.  I see a lot of posters with their hopes really high.  I prefer to stay a little closer to the ground.  If things don't work out it's less of a letdown.  If things work out great it's very enjoyable.

I am a little excited about the possibility of selecting Ja at #2, but it isn't guaranteed, just like it isn't guaranteed that he will be a star if we do select him.  I really hope that we end up with the greatest Grizzlies tandem to date with this selection and JJJ from last year.  

2 hours ago, Dwash said:

That's what happened last year when the Jevon Carter hype train came around 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️