Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

why the 3 year plan worked

16 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Should the grizzlies explore this?

The Pelicans are not going to do it. AD is basically gone after last night, and the Pelicans weakest position and most in need of an upgrade is at SF, the best we can offer is Anderson, the Lakers can offer Ingram

The Celtics will be the Pelicans' best trade partner, they can offer multiple 1sts and maybe even throw in a combo of Brown or Tatum or Smart and other fillers, and still keep Zion

26 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Knicks have Mitch Rob, Knox, and 3 (RJ or Garland).

Pelicans should trade with the Knicks.

Pelicans would look **** good after that trade.

46 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Knicks have Mitch Rob, Knox, and 3 (RJ or Garland).

Pelicans should trade with the Knicks.

Zion reteamed with RJ  plus those other two.    That is better than what the Lakers can offer.   Especially considering that NOP dont want to make the same mistake of not getting enough talent around Zion.   Allowing him to play with his college teammate and friend is a good way to insure he doesn't pull an AD in four years.    

Jrue - RJ - Knox - Zion - Mitch Rob is scary in 4 years!

Then New York gets KD AD and Kyrie.... Thats scary NOW

32 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Zion reteamed with RJ  plus those other two.    That is better than what the Lakers can offer.   Especially considering that NOP dont want to make the same mistake of not getting enough talent around Zion.   Allowing him to play with his college teammate and friend is a good way to insure he doesn't pull an AD in four years.    

Jrue - RJ - Knox - Zion - Mitch Rob is scary in 4 years!

Then New York gets KD AD and Kyrie.... Thats scary NOW

Too many guys who want their hands on the ball. I told people here Philly was messing up. 

4 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

why are some of you just not answering the question except to say well somebody else is going to offer a better deal.

The question is if you could would you

Depends on the cost. 

1 hour ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Should be the answer to just about every trade proposal.

It is but some people don't accept that as an answer. 

The 3yp worked because the grizzlies took a 28 yr star (zbo) and paired him with a 26 year old VERY developed center (marc gasol) and paired them with a bunch of young talent: Mike, Rudy and OJ.

This is the exact same route the grizzlies should take with this grizzlies. By pairing Mike and Jonas up with a bunch of young talent: Jaren, (Ja or Barrett), Dillion Brooks and Rabb.  

26 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The 3yp worked because the grizzlies took a 28 yr star (zbo) and paired him with a 26 year old VERY developed center (marc gasol) and paired them with a bunch of young talent: Mike, Rudy and OJ.

This is the exact same route the grizzlies should take with this grizzlies. By pairing Mike and Jonas up with a bunch of young talent: Jaren, (Ja or Barrett), Dillion Brooks and Rabb.  

Mike doesn't want to be here and you laid out a plan centered around a 28yr old star and a 26yr old.

Mike will be 32 at some point next season how does he fit a 3 yr plan with two 19yr olds and JV? 

22 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Mike doesn't want to be here and you laid out a plan centered around a 28yr old star and a 26yr old.

Mike will be 32 at some point next season how does he fit a 3 yr plan with two 19yr olds and JV? 

Mike has said that this is home, and he also said he wouldn't want to stick around for a rebuild. He didn't say he DIDNT want to be here.

I also feel that Mike's best shot at a title would be with the grizzlies. Please tell me how Boston and that crumbling franchise will be better. While they have a few pieces they might be okay next year to a run, but once Jaylen and Horford hit free agency, mike will be on the outs as far as championships are concerned.

Ditto Miami and he isn't going to be traded to Utah, which would likely be his best shot.

Mike doesn't have to have two things simultaneously happen: that is, that he is a star still AND he wins a championship being a star. He could win a championship like Jason Kidd did, being the primary pg, but having the heavy lifting done by other stars around him.

The fact was, when the grizzlies got zbo, they went to the playoffs a year later and almost went THAT year.

This grizzlies team with Mike and Jonas played great down the stretch. We have been blessed with a high draft pick, we don't need to fill our team with a bunch of rookies. No team does that. 

I am being really serious and sincere. I hope hope hope that Mike isn't traded. I'm not trying to be decisive either. And I know that many of y'all want to amass a trade for him, I get it. I really believe Conley can help this team for years to him. I do. It's not because i love conley so much, I just think he can help this team win.  

19 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Mike has said that this is home, and he also said he wouldn't want to stick around for a rebuild. He didn't say he DIDNT want to be here.

I also feel that Mike's best shot at a title would be with the grizzlies. Please tell me how Boston and that crumbling franchise will be better. While they have a few pieces they might be okay next year to a run, but once Jaylen and Horford hit free agency, mike will be on the outs as far as championships are concerned.

Ditto Miami and he isn't going to be traded to Utah, which would likely be his best shot.

Mike doesn't have to have two things simultaneously happen: that is, that he is a star still AND he wins a championship being a star. He could win a championship like Jason Kidd did, being the primary pg, but having the heavy lifting done by other stars around him.

The fact was, when the grizzlies got zbo, they went to the playoffs a year later and almost went THAT year.

This grizzlies team with Mike and Jonas played great down the stretch. We have been blessed with a high draft pick, we don't need to fill our team with a bunch of rookies. No team does that. 

The Grizzlies aren't getting out of the West for the next few years with or without Mike. The Warriors will still be intact with or without Durant, and someone (or multiple someones) are going to go to the Lakers to team with LeBron.

Nothing the Grizzlies do in the next three years will have them prepared to take on Golden State, or LeBron in his last three years paired with another star or two.

At that point, Mike will be 35 and on the back end.

22 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

It is getting scary when I agree with you...

9 hours ago, GF#1 said:

The Grizzlies aren't getting out of the West for the next few years with or without Mike. The Warriors will still be intact with or without Durant, and someone (or multiple someones) are going to go to the Lakers to team with LeBron.

Nothing the Grizzlies do in the next three years will have them prepared to take on Golden State, or LeBron in his last three years paired with another star or two.

At that point, Mike will be 35 and on the back end.

Those guys aren't immortal.  They can be taken down.  Everyone thought the Shaq/Kobe Lakers were going to keep winning too, but then Big Ben Wallace and the Pistons came along.