Kevin B Moses

Even I know you have to draft Ja

Yea i have no vitriol towards an 18y saying they'd prefer a big market over a small one.  Especially when i am not sure how the question was presented to them.   

Besides it is extremely likely he is headed to New Orleans anyway.   I can easily see a draft day trade that sends AD to New York for him + MitchRob + DSJ and picks.   

7 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yea i have no vitriol towards an 18y saying they'd prefer a big market over a small one.  Especially when i am not sure how the question was presented to them.   

Besides it is extremely likely he is headed to New Orleans anyway.   I can easily see a draft day trade that sends AD to New York for him + MitchRob + DSJ and picks.   

Zion/Mitch Rob/DSJ sounds fun.  Best 29 win team ever.

There is an NBA team here named the Grizzlies. And if they select Morant on June 20, he’ll be happy to play for them and, finally, take basketball’s center stage. “I really would be happy with any team that drafts me,” Morant said. “That means they see something in me. It’s just an honor to be able to play this game at the highest level and just to be in the position that I’m in.”

As the small-market Memphis Grizzlies zero in on Morant ahead of next month’s NBA draft with the glitzy New York Knicks waiting at third, Morant views the next step of his basketball career in simple terms. “It’ll be the same. If a team drafts me, big market or small market, it doesn’t matter,” Morant told reporters at the NBA combine in Chicago this week. “I’m going to be happy where I’m at.”

As for what he knows about Memphis? “I just know Memphis Grizzlies basketball and that’s it,” Morant said. “If you ask me about Chicago, I know Chicago Bulls and Michael Jordan. It’s just that I’ve never been to places like that and I’m a big basketball guy, so I would probably know basketball.”

Morant was an unheralded prospect just a few years ago so it isn’t surprising that he doesn’t have the same type of diva attitude that a guy  who has had people kissing his *** for years would have 

He knows what it feels like to be the team no one wants to play for because he was the player no one wanted 

That's the message I got out of it.

So, if he's the best talent available @ #2, you take him, it won't develop into a problem playing on "a small market team"

4 minutes ago, Allen said:

Morant was an unheralded prospect just a few years ago so it isn’t surprising that he doesn’t have the same type of diva attitude that a  who has had people kissing his *** for years would have 

He knows what it feels like to be the team no one wants to play for because he was the player no one wanted 

Bingo. Chip on his shoulder. Will always work because he knows what it’s like to be just another guy and not the superstar. 

Attitudes like that are what drive players to greatness

On May 15, 2019 at 9:06 PM, Dwash said:

Beat it Suns.

I'd trade with them if we were guaranteed to get Garland, and then some. He might be as good or even better than Morant, albeit way more of a risk. Really wish we could've seen him play this past year.

1 hour ago, Allen said:

Morant was an unheralded prospect just a few years ago so it isn’t surprising that he doesn’t have the same type of diva attitude that a  who has had people kissing his *** for years would have 

this.

all.of.this.

21 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I don't know, you need to consider the source. The way this is worded seems very fishy and if you read the article all the way to the end, he says:

Barrett met with just two teams — the Knicks and Memphis.

Why would he met with Memphis and then say he DOESN'T want to play for them? It doesn't make sense. This is a New York post article and New York has been butt-hurt since the draft and doing everything in their power to Bogart the draft picks.

If he prefers to play with the Lakers why did he not met with the Lakers?

Good point 

10 hours ago, Allen said:

Great analogy my man

9 hours ago, BAMAFREAK said:

Bingo. Chip on his shoulder. Will always work because he knows what it’s like to be just another guy and not the superstar. 

Attitudes like that are what drive players to greatness

I’m not on Ja’s shoulder...