Kevin B Moses

Even I know you have to draft Ja

Don't even think about it...Ja Rule! Trade Conley to the team with the best young assets, preferably with a SF or SG 

2 minutes ago, Allen said:

Sounds like Rudy Gay 

Kev has got to be trolling us.

Anyone who watched college basketball and knows our situation (MC demanding a trade - btw please dont start with some other buster draft pick convincing Mike to stay) realizes that Ja Morant is the future for the Grizz.

Just now, SC Grizz said:

Kev has got to be trolling us.

Anyone who watched college basketball and knows our situation (MC demanding a trade - btw please dont start with some other buster draft pick convincing Mike to stay) realizes that Ja Morant is the future for the Grizz.

Kev just has to be different no matter what 

3 minutes ago, f-dizzle said:

Don't even think about it...Ja Rule! Trade Conley to the team with the best young assets, preferably with a SF or SG 

This. 

Apparently we're set on drafting Ja. Could be a bluff to get teams offering trades. Suns are already interested in moving up for him. Gonna be the most exciting draft night since the one we don't mention!

49 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Cause other than making a small deal with the Knicks what else were you going to do Ja goes either 2 or 3 he ain't dropping any lower than that. Just let it be known upfront this is our guy

This could be a statement to allow teams to start bidding on Conley...

2 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

This could be a statement to allow teams to start bidding on Conley...

Wouldn’t knowing that we were drafting a Pg hurt  the offers? 

3 minutes ago, Allen said:

Wouldn’t knowing that we were drafting a Pg hurt  the offers? 

No I heard they could just say they will keep Conley to mentor Ja and just play hard ball till they got a decent enough offer

Knicks are praying we draft Ja.  I am watching second-half of Murray State vs Auburn game right now.  Not impressed (yet).

1 minute ago, pjs said:

Knicks are praying we draft Ja.  I am watching second-half of Murray State vs Auburn game right now.  Not impressed (yet).

Watch the highlight video of March madness with him

3 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Curry showed a lot more in the NCAA than Morant. McCollum led Lehigh over Duke in the tournament as a 15th seed. Lillard, Curry and McCollum all stayed in school for more than two years as well.

True, but not quite exactly how I remember it. Everyone knew that Curry was an elite shooter, but there were MAJOR concerns about whether he could create his own shot in the NBA at his size. So, any lottery team considering him wasn't sure if they were spending a lottery pick on a spot up role player or a game changing playmaker. That question more than answered itself over a couple of seasons.

3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

It took a ja to his sophomore season to be a superstar at Murray State think about that

Ummmm....research is generally helpful when arguing a side. In general, this is correct. BUT, Ja wasn't even ranked in any of the major recruiting services when leaving high school. Hell, he couldn't even dunk a basketball until his senior year of high school. So, no he wasn't a superstar his freshman year at Murray State, but he came along well enough as a freshman to end his year as first-team All-OVC. He has exploded physically and mentally the last year and a half (and has shown no sign of stopping), think about that.

3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

what I'm saying is that ja had to spend one extra year at Murray State to become the number two overall pick.

Cam reddish hasn't had that luxury. 

And frankly even with an extra year ja is still not great at shooting threes.

so I'm not saying he's a bust but I am saying that you can't just look at college stats and act like that there the be-all-and-end-all

Cam hasn't had that luxury? No one forced Cam to leave after his freshman year....

2 hours ago, BAMAFREAK said:

Morant is EXACTLY what the Dr ordered in Memphis. Aside from being an elite passer and playmaker, he has some solid shooting #s to build off of and gets to the rack as easy as anybody in college. And the best thing about him, is he will ignite and excite the Forum from the first tip. He will come in and immediately get a chance to flash greatness and put up big #s.

This is an overlooked aspect....major sports are built and thrive off being entertainment. I can't remember the last time that every Grizz game was a must-see tv event----maybe the JWill/Hubie days? We've never had a player that could potentially drop 50 and be electric while doing it. So, even if it takes Ja a season or two to adjust to the NBA skill level, every game will be **** fun to watch!

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

😀

I love it.

1 hour ago, ACGrizz said:

I like the outcome (drafting Ja), but what's the benefit of showing your cards so early...?

The benefit is giving Ja the same respect that he gave the Grizz by saying that he'd love to be here. Hell, last year we couldn't get any of the top prospects to even work out for us outside of Wendell Carter. JJJ didn't want to play here until his agent told the team that he was willing on draft day.

Also, you can likely feel comfortable showing your cards this early, because I don't think any team would be willing to pay the incredibly steep price it would take for the Pelicans to pass on Zion. If anyone is paying the price to jump us, it'd be for Zion. I agree with the poster that theorized that it's a way to tell the entire league that Mike is now available without being disrespectful to Mike.

5 minutes ago, pjs said:

Sigh

5 minutes ago, pjs said:

Try to rewatch that game without focusing on Ja at all. During the rewatch, only focus on the talent of his teammates. Then, you may come away a bit impressed that he went for 25/8/7 against a final four team....

9 minutes ago, TonyMassenturd said:

True, but not quite exactly how I remember it. Everyone knew that Curry was an elite shooter, but there were MAJOR concerns about whether he could create his own shot in the NBA at his size. So, any lottery team considering him wasn't sure if they were spending a lottery pick on a spot up role player or a game changing playmaker. That question more than answered itself over a couple of seasons.

Ummmm....research is generally helpful when arguing a side. In general, this is correct. BUT, Ja wasn't even ranked in any of the major recruiting services when leaving high school. Hell, he couldn't even dunk a basketball until his senior year of high school. So, no he wasn't a superstar his freshman year at Murray State, but he came along well enough as a freshman to end his year as first-team All-OVC. He has exploded physically and mentally the last year and a half (and has shown no sign of stopping), think about that.

Cam hasn't had that luxury? No one forced Cam to leave after his freshman year....

This is an overlooked aspect....major sports are built and thrive off being entertainment. I can't remember the last time that every Grizz game was a must-see tv event----maybe the JWill/Hubie days? We've never had a player that could potentially drop 50 and be electric while doing it. So, even if it takes Ja a season or two to adjust to the NBA skill level, every game will be **** fun to watch!

I love it.

The benefit is giving Ja the same respect that he gave the Grizz by saying that he'd love to be here. Hell, last year we couldn't get any of the top prospects to even work out for us outside of Wendell Carter. JJJ didn't want to play here until his agent told the team that he was willing on draft day.

Also, you can likely feel comfortable showing your cards this early, because I don't think any team would be willing to pay the incredibly steep price it would take for the Pelicans to pass on Zion. If anyone is paying the price to jump us, it'd be for Zion. I agree with the poster that theorized that it's a way to tell the entire league that Mike is now available without being disrespectful to Mike.

But we already said Mike was available during the season 

Just now, Allen said:

But we already said Mike was available during the season 

Well, in all honesty, Mike said that he was available during the season. But, I do admit that I have no idea what goes through the heads of this front office. I just hope that the stars align and they nail it this time.

50 minutes ago, cdp said:

Apparently we're set on drafting Ja. Could be a bluff to get teams offering trades. Suns are already interested in moving up for him. Gonna be the most exciting draft night since the one we don't mention!

Beat it Suns.

22 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Beat it Suns.

What could the Suns possibly have that would be remotely enticing enough to move to number 1 or 2? DeAndre Ayton (projected to be worse than Zion), #6 (a pick that's not even close to the big 3 in this draft), and........?

I'm not calling you out in any way Dwash....I'm just asking the board in general because I don't really see them having anywhere near the ammo to move past us for the most hyped prospect since LeBron?

On 5/15/2019 at 11:29 AM, chipc3 said:

Elgin Baylor appeared in eight NBA finals and won it all in 1972. 

I thought so too, but it appears he was done nine games into that championship season.  I don't see him listed as a champ on basketballreference.com.

Last year the organization  stated they'd explore trading Mike,  but this year with them expressing that ja is the guy is saying mike is going to be traded vs just kicking the tires 

23 hours ago, TonyMassenturd said:

Try to rewatch that game without focusing on Ja at all. During the rewatch, only focus on the talent of his teammates. Then, you may come away a bit impressed that he went for 25/8/7 against a final four team....

worked for me... 

On 5/15/2019 at 4:16 PM, Kevin B Moses said:

what I'm saying is that ja had to spend one extra year at Murray State to become the number two overall pick.

Cam reddish hasn't had that luxury. 

And frankly even with an extra year ja is still not great at shooting threes.

so I'm not saying he's a bust but I am saying that you can't just look at college stats and act like that there the be-all-and-end-all

What the heck is wrong with shooting over 36% from behind the arc?  You love Mike Conley who shot 30% from behind the arc in college.

1 minute ago, smit-tay griz said:

What the heck is wrong with shooting over 36% from behind the arc?  You love Mike Conley who shot 30% from behind the arc in college.

Yeah 36% is fine and he’s only going to improve 

15 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Would you be happy if Ja turned out to be Monta Ellis? 

This is what you are looking at. Monta Ellis might be his ceiling. He's not Steph Curry and I'm not sure he is even as good as Trae Young. I'm looking at Monta Ellis type, or maybe George Hill floor.

1 minute ago, Kevin B Moses said:

This is what you are looking at. Monta Ellis might be his ceiling. He's not Steph Curry and I'm not sure he is even as good as Trae Young. I'm looking at Monta Ellis type, or maybe George Hill floor.

Your opinion, but you haven't been right about anything since the Kevin Love draft.

3 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Monta is good for me. In his heyday prime, he had a lot of impact in many games.

Hill? Hoping Ja will be way better than that.....