Kevin B Moses

Even I know you have to draft Ja

3 minutes ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

hey i love reddish to (why i want to trade conley for) but to  sit here and act like morant is going to be a bust is  crazy...heck zion has more bust potential than morant/reddish

what I'm saying is that ja had to spend one extra year at Murray State to become the number two overall pick.

Cam reddish hasn't had that luxury. 

And frankly even with an extra year ja is still not great at shooting threes.

so I'm not saying he's a bust but I am saying that you can't just look at college stats and act like that there the be-all-and-end-all

Hell ja was the man on his team at Murray State whereas cam was a third wheel at Duke. I mean there's different circumstances here.

But I'm ride or die with cams shooting mechanics I think there are the most intriguing thing in this entire draft along with his athletic ability

10 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

And anybody that even considers RJ Barrett as a potential draft pick is just not watching the NBA. Who wants a wing player that cant shoot a three-pointer it don't even make sense

Just because RJ didn't have a great freshman season doesn't mean he's not going to skyrocket when he gets into the NBA.

Wasn't that the same logic you used for Cam? 

Who was the 4th or 5th opinion at Duke maybe we should draft them instead because according to you guys  Duke is better then Warriors.

If your not in the ACC or SEC you should not be able to keep up in the NBA right?

Just now, costarica2 said:

Who was the 4th or 5th opinion at Duke maybe we should draft them instead because according to you guys  Duke is better then Warriors.

If your not in the ACC or SEC you should be able to keep in the NBA right?

Image result for calm down gif

I love Barrett’s pedigree and some of the skills and polish he shows.....but I watched him lose Duke 2 or 3 games in the last two minutes. He went complete iso, worst tunnel vision I’ve ever seen and continuously threw up a bad shot or turned it over. Possession after possession. 

Morant is EXACTLY what the Dr ordered in Memphis. Aside from being an elite passer and playmaker, he has some solid shooting #s to build off of and gets to the rack as easy as anybody in college. And the best thing about him, is he will ignite and excite the Forum from the first tip. He will come in and immediately get a chance to flash greatness and put up big #s. 

Yes, they will be inefficient and ugly play at times, but that is perfectly fine. It is going to be fun watching him sing JJJ grow together with a smattering of vets who have their own strengths and weaknesses. 

And have been super negative because we didn’t have that second franchise cornerstone and really didn’t have a way of obtaining him in the near future.....but last night that changed. Buckle up boys. It’s about to be an exciting summer and every game will be worth watching the see JJJJa in action!

6 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Just because RJ didn't have a great freshman season doesn't mean he's not going to skyrocket when he gets into the NBA.

Wasn't that the same logic you used for Cam? 

RJ did have a great freshman season he just don't shoot threes. If you don't shoot threes how are you going to get better at them

1 minute ago, Kevin B Moses said:

RJ did have a great freshman season he just don't shoot threes. If you don't shoot threes how are you going to get better at them

RJ averaged 6.2 three point attempts a game. He has all summer to practice with the team that drafts him as well. I wouldn't say that isn't shooting threes. 

1 minute ago, chipc3 said:

RJ averaged 6.2 three point attempts a game. He has all summer to practice with the team that drafts him as well. I wouldn't say that isn't shooting threes. 

I'm just saying that if I'm going to bank on a 3-point shooter with athletic ability it ain't going to be RJ Barrett it's going to be cam reddish.

Of course everybody likes RJ because he was an alpha and in cam was a beta. 

I'm also old school so I always prefer size over skinny point guards.

and used to be that if you were a point guard you weren't drafted in the top 10 picks of the draft it was all big men.

I mean don't get me wrong I think ja be a fine player but he's not going to be a game-changer like people think

1 minute ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I'm just saying that if I'm going to bank on a 3-point shooter with athletic ability it ain't going to be RJ Barrett it's going to be cam reddish.

Of course everybody likes RJ because he was an alpha and in cam was a beta. 

I'm also old school so I always prefer size over skinny point guards.

and used to be that if you were a point guard you weren't drafted in the top 10 picks of the draft it was all big men.

I mean don't get me wrong I think ja be a fine player but he's not going to be a game-changer like people think

but he didnt shootem well...imo cam is more of an scorer than 3pt shooter...he is more like a 6'8 monte ellis which is what we need imo

ja/reddish/bruno/3js/jv

You may be correct. I don't know either way. I suspect that the game is a bit different today however with the the new thing called the three point line, less hand checking allowed and other changes to the game.

Isiah Thomas wasn't a big PG and he did okay. Steph Curry is pretty slight and has grown into a decent enough PG despite his slight frame. Even Mike Conley wasn't bulky or tall coming out of college and he's been pretty effective. 

Maybe the old rules don't apply as much as they used to. 

I do agree that anyone the Grizzlies take at #2 isn't going to light the world on fire their rookie season. 

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Curry showed a lot more in the NCAA than Morant. McCollum led Lehigh over Duke in the tournament as a 15th seed. Lillard, Curry and McCollum all stayed in school for more than two years as well. 

Still your point is well taken. Weber State, Lehigh and Davidson all are considered second tier schools and they all have produced players who have performed in the NBA. Of course, Curry was drafted 7th, Lillard was 6th and McCollum was 10th. Morant would be the youngest of the group and drafted the highest. 

And Morant led the 12th seed over the 5th seed. And averaged 25 6 10. 

Dont overthink this people. The Grizzlies have been gifted a superstar in Ja Morant 

34 minutes ago, Allen said:

And Morant led the 12th seed over the 5th seed. And averaged 25 6 10. 

Dont overthink this people. The Grizzlies have been gifted a superstar in Ja Morant 

And you know what else: none of those players were drafted anywhere close to #2 pick in the draft.

The only player in the last 8 years., snce 2011: picked at #2 or better. Kyrie, Victor Oladipo, (brad beal #3, but guess who was #4? Dion Waiters), D'angelo Russell.

There is not 1 superstar out of them. The closest thing to a superstar you are going to get with kids like him is AI, who got picked #1.

You have a better chance at a superstar if you draft a big like Hunter or Cam Reddish. 

5 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

And you know what else: none of those players were drafted anywhere close to #2 pick in the draft.

The only player in the last 8 years., snce 2011: picked at #2 or better. Kyrie, Victor Oladipo, (brad beal #3, but guess who was #4? Dion Waiters), D'angelo Russell.

There is not 1 superstar out of them. The closest thing to a superstar you are going to get with kids like him is AI, who got picked #1.

You have a better chance at a superstar if you draft a big like Hunter or Cam Reddish. 

So Cam Reddish is your pick?

5 minutes ago, Allen said:

So Cam Reddish is your pick?

The guy is 6'8 with a 7-1 wingspan and perfect form on jumpers. Let that sink in. Maybe his issue is between the ears, I don't know. But a 6'8 kid with perfect form on jumpers is **** intriguing to me.

Just now, Kevin B Moses said:

lol, pretty typical grizzlies. 

for real , i like the pick but if you gotta let it be known i hope they are fielding some offers or have a few lined up . if they do them or not who knows .

5 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

I like the outcome (drafting Ja), but what's the benefit of showing your cards so early...?

Cause other than making a small deal with the Knicks what else were you going to do Ja goes either 2 or 3 he ain't dropping any lower than that. Just let it be known upfront this is our guy

2 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

for real , i like the pick but if you gotta let it be known i hope they are fielding some offers or have a few lined up . if they do them or not who knows .

What kind of offers? Only the Knicks and Lakers could move up I doubt the Knicks would draft Ja since they want to go after Kyrie and LeBron probably doesn't want the pick at all and would prefer they trade it for a good vet to help him win so what deals would their be?

3 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

What kind of offers? Only the Knicks and Lakers could move up I doubt the Knicks would draft Ja since they want to go after Kyrie and LeBron probably doesn't want the pick at all and would prefer they trade it for a good vet to help him win so what deals would their be?

PHX maybe , a lot of if's and thing yet to unfold did you see atl moving down last year ?

56 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The guy is 6'8 with a 7-1 wingspan and perfect form on jumpers. Let that sink in. Maybe his issue is between the ears, I don't know. But a 6'8 kid with perfect form on jumpers is **** intriguing to me.

Sounds like Rudy Gay