Kevin B Moses

Even I know you have to draft Ja

Just now, costarica2 said:

I know what your saying I understand completely...

What I'm telling you is that comparison is really dumb it's no even close .....same Skills?? Same question marks???

Totally different players maybe they have similar hair but that's about it.

Is like me saying zion has the same question marks skills sets as stromile Swift..yes It kind of makes sense but see bad that sounds?I

show me how i'm wrong and why its foolish then

why does that sound bad if you are talking about prospects  . swift was compared to shawn kemp .  didn't turn out but i'm not comparing nba careers , just what i have seen so far.

6 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

show me how i'm wrong and why its foolish then

Is not wrong is just really dumb overall ....why bring one worst NBA point guards and compare him with Ja Morant.

Either you don't  know anything  or just want it to get a reaction like you did with me other wise it makes 0 sense.

Is not wrong is just really dumb overall ....why bring one worst NBA point guards and compare him with Ja Morant.

Either you don't  know anything  or just want it to get a reaction like you did with me other wise it makes 0 sense.

i'm not comparing him to elfid as a pro or do you keep skipping that part ?

1 hour ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

i see more  of an  elfrid peyton type   than steve or dennis but i'm probably alone on that lol.

and ? ithey all are petty good comparisons as of now .  i think peyton is in the same boat as those two more so Francis than dennis who was extremely raw and a big time risk more than Francis,Peyton,Morant

31 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

once again , i'm talking about skill set entering the draft , comparing players is silly imo . if you are still struggling to follow i'm not saying his elfrid 2.0 but that they are entering the draft with skills that are close and some of the same question marks .

https://www.sbnation.com/2014/6/17/5809658/elfrid-payton-scouting-report-nba-draft-2014

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2090355-elfrid-payton-nba-draft-2014-highlights-scouting-report-and-more

I don't know anything about bleacherreport but using sbnation would seem to be very foolish to me.

Just now, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I don't know anything about bleacherreport but using sbnation would seem to be very foolish to me.

you're probably right 😂 two of the 1st sites i could find.

8 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

and ? ithey all are petty good comparisons as of now .  i think peyton is in the same boat as those two more so Francis than dennis who was extremely raw and a big time risk more than Francis,Peyton,Morant

Yikes if you really Think that's the case then Ja Morant SHOULD not be drafted by any team.

Elfrid Peyton is on Shelvin Mack level coming out or in the NBA..thats way to harsh of a comparison.

Thankfully for all of us you're dead wrong on that take.

13 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Zion is taking the Saints to the Super Bowl and the Pelicans to Seattle.

#SuperPelicans

As a Saints fan, I support this

Yikes if you really Think that's the case then Ja Morant SHOULD not be drafted by any team.

Elfrid Peyton is on Shelvin Mack level coming out or in the NBA..thats way to harsh of a comparison.

Thankfully for all of us you're dead wrong on that take.

peyton was the 10th pick mack a 2nd rounder , i'm not comparing their future  are you still having a hard time reading that part ?

1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Some of us aren't just blinded by NBA draft optimism.

Russell Westbrook was drafted in 2008, and almost every year since, someone in the draft is the next Russ.

Every draft at this time, there is a next Michael Jordan or Tim Duncan or Steph Curry.

I hope Ja's the next Westbrook, but Westbrook is one of the greatest in NBA history, so in 5 years, the most likely outcome for Ja isn't Westbrook, but maybe a pretty good above average PG.  I'd be content if he turned in Mike Conley or Kyle Lowry type careers. I'd be happy with an Oladipo outcome.  Honestly, him turning into a level headed and professional Steve Francis would be an very good career.

If he averages a triple double for 2 seasons, I'll lick Beale Street from Riverside to BB Kings.

I'd be estatic with second year version of D'Aaron Fox. I think that is the better comp. Similar size, similar athleticism. Hope Ja learns to shoot like Fox did. I'm not sold on Ja; I am just hoping for the best since it looks like that is who we are getting.

9 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

peyton was the 10th pick mack a 2nd rounder , i'm not comparing their future  are you still havinmg a hard time reading that part ?

Did you even watch Peyton in College ??Did you even wacht Morant play in College???

I'm just trying to understand who in their right mind sees a Ja Morant game in college and goes like ....."yea that guy reminds me of Elfried Payton coming out of Lafayette....

That's what I'm having a hard time understanding!!

3 hours ago, Dwash said:

Yeah Im just hoping New Orleans doesnt grow a pair and take Ja. I honestly think he is the #1 long term prospect in the draft. And he has more game finishing potential than Zion.

I agree 100 percent.....but, I think that New Orleans wouldn't want the blowback of passing on Zion. They've already increased season ticket sales (in one night) for next year than they did in the entire offseason that they had the #1 pick for Anthony Davis. All of those new season ticket sales are expecting to see Zion.

Also, if New Orleans took Ja, we'd still be in a great spot to take Zion, but more importantly, the phones would likely light up with incredible trade offers to move to 2. That's why I believe that #2 is the best spot to be in this draft.

7 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

Did you even watch Peyton in College ??Did you even wacht Morant play in College???

I'm just trying to understand who in their right mind sees a Ja Morant game in college and goes like ....."yea that guy reminds me of Elfried Payton coming out of Lafayette....

That's what I'm having a hard time understanding!!

i posted many links and i'm not sure elfrid was on tv all that much but i watched as much as i could .

i didnt say they are the same but some of his game reminds me of Elfrid(once again coming out not the NBA player elfrrid is which you seem to struggle understanding  ) . mainly an all around stat stuffer , a guy that can drive like very few can  , great passing ,speed , a guy with a developed shot that will be a terror.

theirs a reason Elfrid went 10th he wasn't mack coming into the NBA not matter what you wanna tell yourself he was a do it all stat stuffing pg that checked off almost everything you want from a PG minus the shooting he was awful at that and way behind morant and most just about every PG.

Sorry, I'm not sold on Ja.  Highlight films don't matter.  The question is ... what will he do against the elite?  The answer is ... we have no idea because he really hasn't had the opportunity to play against the elite.  Playing against the best in college day-in-day-out in the biggest venues has to be worth something.  He might be all-world like many are saying.  Call me skeptical.

All I know is the Grizzlies have needed a wing player that can score when defenses turn up the heat, especially to close out quarters or games.  If it were me, I'd take RJ.

5 minutes ago, pjs said:

Sorry, I'm not sold on Ja.  Highlight films don't matter.  The question is ... what will he do against the elite?  The answer is ... we have no idea because he really hasn't had the opportunity to play against the elite.  Playing against the best in college day-in-day-out in the biggest venues has to be worth something.  He might be all-world like many are saying.  Call me skeptical.

All I know is the Grizzlies have needed a wing player that can score when defenses turn up the heat, especially to close out quarters or games.  If it were me, I'd take RJ.

I have a feeling we work out a few guys and take the best one from what we get out of research/work outs/interviews.

43 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

I don't see Steve Francis but I do see Payton as the floor and a better shooting Rondo as the most likely comparison. I hope he turns into an Allen Iverson type someday for Memphis but that is asking a lot. 

1 minute ago, pjs said:

I can understand how someone wouldn't be sold on Ja due to competition. But, you can watch his vids against Marquette and Florida State in the tournament to get a tiny idea. You must also realize that Ja had NO help whatsoever at Murray State-----seriously, it looked like he was constantly playing with YMCA dudes. So, every single night, every team that Murray State played had one goal to win-----stop Ja. No one could really do it.

RJ would also be a REALLY nice pick. He's the safer pick, IMO, because his floor is higher than Ja's and RJ is very likely an all star with star potential. But, Ja's ceiling is so much higher. As the Goat would say----Ja's "ceiling is the roof!"

33 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

i posted many links and i'm not sure elfrid was on tv all that much but i watched as much as i could .

i didnt say they are the same but some of his game reminds me of Elfrid(once again coming out not the NBA player elfrrid is which you seem to struggle understanding  ) . mainly an all around stat stuffer , a guy that can drive like very few can  , great passing ,speed , a guy with a developed shot that will be a terror.

theirs a reason Elfrid went 10th he wasn't mack coming into the NBA not matter what you wanna tell yourself he was a do it all stat stuffing pg that checked off almost everything you want from a PG minus the shooting he was awful at that and way behind morant and most just about every PG.

Who do you compare RJ Barret to??

If Morant = Payton  (coming out)

Then who does RJ compare to in you're eyes???

Just now, chipc3 said:

I don't see Steve Francis but I do see Payton as the floor and a better shooting Rondo as the most likely comparison. I hope he turns into an Allen Iverson type someday for Memphis but that is asking a lot. 

yup , i like those comparison , stat stuffers and guys that can get triple doubles and mostly do it all at times , westbrook too .

Who do you compare RJ Barret to??

If Morant = Payton  (coming out)

Then who does RJ compare to in you're eyes???

i never said he is Payton i said they had some of the same skills 

1 minute ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

i never said he is Payton

Ok fine forget about that who does  RJ remind of ???who has similar skills and weaknesses as him????

Ok fine forget about that who does  RJ remind of ???who has similar skills and weaknesses as him????

why cant you show me how Elfrid and Ja are nothing alike ? shooting yup Ja is more advanced  which i've already said and have said since i startetd watching JA.

5 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

why cant you show me how Elfrid and Ja are nothing alike ? shooting yup Ja is more advanced  which i've already said and have said since i startetd watching JA.

I can't because I'm clearly not at your lvl when it comes to this you should of have been our new gm.

Now that I see the light I just want to know who does RJ Barret remind you of coming out of college ???

I can't because I'm clearly not at your lvl when it comes to this you should of have been our new gm.

Now that I see the light I just want to know who does RJ Barret remind you of coming out of college ???

as the grizz GM i select Ja morant becuase saying i see some of the same skills as Elfrid i know it doesnt mean the are the SAME EXACT PLAYER so keep on thinking whatever you wanna think