Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Jetfixer said:

He is a decent shooter, did well in the NCAA tournament 

Needs to be better than decent for me to want to use a #2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Back2Grizzness said:

 

Mike to Boston for our pick back and Rozier? Or one of their young guys? Don know/care but that pick would be nice because we will have growing pains

Rozier wants to start though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next year will depend on Mike stay or leave and what we got in return? if we make a good deal, then we may run for the playoff. And year number 2. Ja and JJJ will be even better and we will get rid of Chancre contract which will allow us get some good player. Future looks much better after tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grizzgolf said:

Needs to be better than decent for me to want to use a #2

He shot about 5% better than Barrett from the field, about 6% better from the arc, and a whopping 15% better from the free throw stripe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

He shot about 5% better than Barrett from the field, about 6% better from the arc, and a whopping 15% better from the free throw stripe.

Thanks Smit Ja is the number 2 player in this draft RJ Barrett displayed alot of Andrew Wiggans last season for Duke especially when Zion went down if that's what you guys are looking for them I'm sure we can do a Parsons for Wiggans deal if we throw something useful in lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They ask Ja about us yesterday and he said he would be happy to be here.

So atleast that's not gonna be an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he's great imo not sure i'm 100 % sold on him but i'd take him over barret but its pretty close and we still have a ways to go .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

he's great imo not sure i'm 100 % sold on him but i'd take him over barret but its pretty close and we still have a ways to go .

I think I would rather have White than him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, costarica2 said:

They ask Ja about us yesterday and he said he would be happy to be here.

So atleast that's not gonna be an issue.

Dude was almost unrecruited out of hs and went to Murray St. Trust me he aint pouting about playing for any NBA team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I think I would rather have White than him.

if our FO feels that way i hope they find a way to move down and get white instead of taking him 2nd .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top heavy draft. Zion and a few others are closer in terms of skill/talent than Dickie V types would have you believe.  

As compared to last year's draft which I think was a bit overrated.  

My top 6 would be: Zion, Bol, Hunter, Garland, Barrett, and Morant. Which order? Not sure.  Then some guys I don't like then a bunch of nifty sleeper picks mid-first into the 2nd round.  

Work guys out and take the best remaining player.  

Conley/Morant might be a fun Frazier/Monroe type backcourt.  Then let the bigs clean things up inside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

if our FO feels that way i hope they find a way to move down and get white instead of taking him 2nd .

The bad thing about that is there is always a chance that someone will get him before you do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Needs to be better than decent for me to want to use a #2

Well that's not going to leave you with too many options at #2. Ya got Hunter and Bol Bol in terms of expected lottery picks with better than decent long ball shooting percentages.... Well Garland in 5 games did too. (i'm a big fan of his as well)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I particularly love about Morant is his light legs and body control. He is remarkably light on his feet and easy  change directions, pace and speed at the same time. This is about creating threats and opportunities for himself and accordingly for his teammates. You cannot teach this. This is a gift from Mother Nature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, russian grizzly said:

What I particularly love about Morant is his light legs and body control. He is remarkably light and easy on changing directions and speed. This is about creating threats and opportunities for himself and accordingly for his teammates. You cannot teach this. This is a gift from Mother Nature.

This. What a lot of folks don't get is how exciting yet unselfish his game is.

Other good players will want to play with him and he will put butts in the seat. Period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CoolHandGriz said:

This. What a lot of folks don't get is how exciting yet unselfish his game is.

Other good players will want to play with him and he will put butts in the seat. Period.

Yep and his passing level is elite.   He will the PG that can actually get the ball to Jaren in correct spots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I think I would rather have White than him.

I wouldn't take White over Morant. I also wouldn't be surprised if White turns out to be the better player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see as much outside shooting from Morant as I do White and taking the ball to the hole all the time can get a slender guy like Morant hurt in the NBA. I don't know their shooting % but I do know that White played against much better players than Morant did plus he's a couple of inches taller and I like taller guards. He also looks very smooth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah Im sick of hearing trash like he is just youtube highlights or he didnt play anybody. The guy has the total package and even improved his shooting dramtically in the second half. He showed out agajnst any competition. The guy is a monster. Im so freakin pumped today that I barely know what to do with myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Yeah Im sick of hearing trash like he is just youtube highlights or he didnt play anybody. The guy has the total package and even improved his shooting dramtically in the second half. He showed out agajnst any competition. The guy is a monster. Im so freakin pumped today that I barely know what to do with myself.

I am right there with you.  Haven't been able to do any real work all day!   Landing Ja just super simplifies the rebuild and coaching search.   Now any coach we hire has to be all in on development and given more rope. 

I have been trying so hard to find Mike Conley a new home you would think i worked for Crye-Leike!!

I'd love to get back into this draft and somehow snag Reddish or Hunter too.   Its much easier finding a 3rd wheel than it is trying to find the new Alpha.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I am right there with you.  Haven't been able to do any real work all day!   Landing Ja just super simplifies the rebuild and coaching search.   Now any coach we hire has to be all in on development and given more rope. 

I have been trying so hard to find Mike Conley a new home you would think i worked for Crye-Leike!!

I'd love to get back into this draft and somehow snag Reddish or Hunter too.   Its much easier finding a 3rd wheel than it is trying to find the new Alpha.  

Yeah rolling the dice on Hunter or even Reddish looks so much more appealing today! All they have to be is 3 options. The pressure of the rebuild has been completely relieved, so glad I can stop caring about the pick debt or stuff like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I am right there with you.  Haven't been able to do any real work all day!   Landing Ja just super simplifies the rebuild and coaching search.   Now any coach we hire has to be all in on development and given more rope. 

I have been trying so hard to find Mike Conley a new home you would think i worked for Crye-Leike!!

I'd love to get back into this draft and somehow snag Reddish or Hunter too.   Its much easier finding a 3rd wheel than it is trying to find the new Alpha.  

If we could somehow get Hunter too,  I'd be pumped

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, toocoolkellz said:

If we could somehow get Hunter too,  I'd be pumped

Trading with PHO would be the surefire way we could get either Hunter or Reddish.   One of them should be available there.   Only problem is that Conley could threaten to opt out after next season and hurt the chances of the trade.  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2836199-realistic-trades-excluding-anthony-davis-zion-williamson-post-nba-draft-lottery?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral#slide1

Memphis Grizzlies Get: No. 6 pick, Tyler Johnson (must pick up player option), TJ Warren

Phoenix Suns Get: Mike Conley

There's a good case to be made the Grizzlies should keep Mike Conley around until the trade deadline to mentor Ja Morant, assuming they select the Murray State point guard at No. 2 overall. 

If a longer stay for Conley means a few more wins and a worse pick conveying to the Boston Celtics in 2020, that's not so bad, either.

Then again, the Grizzlies lucked into a higher pick than expected, and they might want to lean into a rebuild as hard as possible. Adding the No. 6 pick would give them a third young talent to grow with Morant and Jaren Jackson Jr.

The Suns, long a paragon of dysfunction, could certainly use a steady veteran influence. In Conley, they'd get that and help at a position of dire need. Phoenix may have had its hopes pinned more strongly to Morant than any other team (though the Chicago Bulls might beg to differ), but it can still fill its void at the point this way.

If the Suns are realistic about where they're likely to finish in next year's standings, maybe they'd balk at adding a 31-year-old due to make $67 million over the next two seasons. But when have they ever been realistic about where they are in the rebuilding process? They thought they'd be a playoff team in 2018-19, for crying out loud.

Shots at the Suns aside, Conley could expedite the growth process for Deandre Ayton and the rest of the young contributors on hand. There's value in that, too.

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2019/5/15/18624654/james-jones-phoenix-suns-draft-lottery-trade-no-6-for-veteran-point-guard

 

It’s now time for the Grizzlies to enjoy their stroke of great fortune and take Morant at No. 2 overall, to pair with Jaren Jackson Jr. and the Suns’ No. 6 pick, while giving Conley a new home.

Conley is late in his career (32), but still playing at a near-All-Star level. He carried Memphis on his back to 33 wins and has just two (expensive) years left, which includes an early termination option, on a bloated contract.

Conley would be the perfect floor general for Booker, Bridges, Oubre and Ayton for the next year or two.

Either way it goes i really see PHO picking up the phone.     We do this trade and the rebuild is over.   We go officially into full developing team mode to make playoffs in year two.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Trading with PHO would be the surefire way we could get either Hunter or Reddish.   One of them should be available there.   Only problem is that Conley could threaten to opt out after next season and hurt the chances of the trade.  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2836199-realistic-trades-excluding-anthony-davis-zion-williamson-post-nba-draft-lottery?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral#slide1

Memphis Grizzlies Get: No. 6 pick, Tyler Johnson (must pick up player option), TJ Warren

Phoenix Suns Get: Mike Conley

There's a good case to be made the Grizzlies should keep Mike Conley around until the trade deadline to mentor Ja Morant, assuming they select the Murray State point guard at No. 2 overall. 

If a longer stay for Conley means a few more wins and a worse pick conveying to the Boston Celtics in 2020, that's not so bad, either.

Then again, the Grizzlies lucked into a higher pick than expected, and they might want to lean into a rebuild as hard as possible. Adding the No. 6 pick would give them a third young talent to grow with Morant and Jaren Jackson Jr.

The Suns, long a paragon of dysfunction, could certainly use a steady veteran influence. In Conley, they'd get that and help at a position of dire need. Phoenix may have had its hopes pinned more strongly to Morant than any other team (though the Chicago Bulls might beg to differ), but it can still fill its void at the point this way.

If the Suns are realistic about where they're likely to finish in next year's standings, maybe they'd balk at adding a 31-year-old due to make $67 million over the next two seasons. But when have they ever been realistic about where they are in the rebuilding process? They thought they'd be a playoff team in 2018-19, for crying out loud.

Shots at the Suns aside, Conley could expedite the growth process for Deandre Ayton and the rest of the young contributors on hand. There's value in that, too.

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2019/5/15/18624654/james-jones-phoenix-suns-draft-lottery-trade-no-6-for-veteran-point-guard

 

It’s now time for the Grizzlies to enjoy their stroke of great fortune and take Morant at No. 2 overall, to pair with Jaren Jackson Jr. and the Suns’ No. 6 pick, while giving Conley a new home.

Conley is late in his career (32), but still playing at a near-All-Star level. He carried Memphis on his back to 33 wins and has just two (expensive) years left, which includes an early termination option, on a bloated contract.

Conley would be the perfect floor general for Booker, Bridges, Oubre and Ayton for the next year or two.

Either way it goes i really see PHO picking up the phone.     We do this trade and the rebuild is over.   We go officially into full developing team mode to make playoffs in year two.  

 

The Suns also become a serious team to FA's if they do this. They just arent some place for vets like Ariza or Tyson Chandler to get a retirement deal but a place where a talented forward might take seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now