25 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Congratulations

What did I win?

I am more comfortable with Ja (although there are questions) than i am with Zion. Zion will really have to prove it to me. I think he will be good but not sure if he's a surefire superstar. Ja can be Conley-esque or better with more athleticism and more height.

1 minute ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

What did I win?

I am more comfortable with Ja (although there are questions) than i am with Zion. Zion will really have to prove it to me. I think he will be good but not sure if he's a surefire superstar. Ja can be Conley-esque or better with more athleticism and more height.

You win a more interesting month of June, summer league and hopefully at least a few seasons of basketball worth watching.

3 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

What did I win?

Watching short clips of old McDonalds All American games highlights I think you have to find a Zion whisperer point guard. Darius Garland might be the guy.

I think you gotta play Zion at the 5 surrounded by shooters/passers.

It's kind of a tough fit.

It's like Magic Johnson getting drafted by Kansas City.

Meh.

7 minutes ago, BeastModeGrizz said:

Trade Conley so we usethe money to keep JV. Then imagine Parsons off the books after next year and use that money for anall star level player! Ja future looks bright!!!

I was thinking just that. Conley + Dillon for Porter + #7(Reddish), resign Bradley (3y/24m), JV (4y/60) and Delon (4y/36).

When Parsons get off the books we will have already a set team, with a 8 man rotation, we will be 1 or 2 pieces away.

Ja/Delon

Reddish/Bradley

Porter/SlowMo

JJJ/

JV

1 hour ago, Once_a_hater said:

I was thinking just that. Conley + Dillon for Porter + #7(Reddish), resign Bradley (3y/24m), JV (4y/60) and Delon (4y/36).

When Parsons get off the books we will have already a set team, with a 8 man rotation, we will be 1 or 2 pieces away.

Ja/Delon

Reddish/Bradley

Porter/SlowMo

JJJ/

JV

more like ja/reddish/bruno/3js/jv

#2 is perfect! So stoked!

I am scared of Zion, he LOOKS like a sure-fire superstar, there is just something about him that worries me that he wont be.

Ja is exciting and COULD be the next Westbrook, but he just looks too light (weight) and wont be able to do the same things in the NBA that he did against lesser College competition. Also, he isn't a great shooter.

Give me some RJ Barrett. If you have #1, you gotta take Zion, however I am much more confident in RJ becoming an All Star.

Any way you slice it, Ja or RJ, we are gonna have a stud!!

5 hours ago, BeastModeGrizz said:

Trade Conley so we usethe money to keep JV. Then imagine Parsons off the books after next year and use that money for anall star level player! Ja future looks bright!!!

You seem to be forgetting that the "best" free agent that Memphis has ever been able to sign is Chandler Parsons. After that it's been Brian Cardinal and Tony Allen before he cemented his reputation as a defensive stalwart.

3 hours ago, Adrenalize74 said:

#2 is perfect! So stoked!

I am scared of Zion, he LOOKS like a sure-fire superstar, there is just something about him that worries me that he wont be.

Ja is exciting and COULD be the next Westbrook, but he just looks too light (weight) and wont be able to do the same things in the NBA that he did against lesser College competition. Also, he isn't a great shooter.

Give me some RJ Barrett. If you have #1, you gotta take Zion, however I am much more confident in RJ becoming an All Star.

Any way you slice it, Ja or RJ, we are gonna have a stud!!

He was a much better shooter than RJ Barrett.

Barrett - FG% 45.4, 3-PT% 30.8, FT% 66.5%

Morant -FG% 49.9, 3-PT% 36.3, FT% 81.3%

This is a pretty huge deal!!

I've only seen Ja Morant play once, in the tournament against FSU. Murray State was totally outmanned, but you could feel the excitement in the arena when the game started. I think Morant is the type of player that steps up his game when the lights are shining brightest. We need someone like that.

I'm pretty excited about this.

16 hours ago, Back2Grizzness said:

Theyre losing Kyrie. We give the MC11 for our pick and a good prospect

Salary Cap issues become a problem with that trade.

Hmmm, so Vandy PG Darius Garland left the NBA Combine early and some are thinking that a team has made a promise. You guys don't think......nah, that's a no right?I mean, a lot of mock drafts had us taking him at 8 but no, there's no way right?

5 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Hmmm, so Vandy PG Darius Garland left the NBA Combine early and some are thinking that a team has made a promise. You guys don't think......nah, that's a no right?I mean, a lot of mock drafts had us taking him at 8 but no, there's no way right?

No Jonathan Givony has a tweet out that are FO is already locked in on Ja Morant

4 minutes ago, dy_dy_dynomite said:

No Jonathan Givony has a tweet out that are FO is already locked in on Ja Morant

Hopefully he's right because I wouldn't put it past the Grizz to do something like that.

On 5/14/2019 at 8:09 PM, smit-tay griz said:

Pera has Wallace briefing him onthe scouting reports on all the top players. Seems hes leaning toward Tacko Fall at number two.