Gogrizz123

Is there any news on if JV is gonna sign with the grizzlies

1 minute ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Even his 24 minutes were better than a Capelas 30 so your point is mute. 

No its not. JV coaches wont keep him  on the court against some sad *** EC teams in the playoffs. Thats my point. That makes him a part time player when it counts Einstein and it has been proven that despite his big numbers, he is a liability. Then wanna compare his playoff numbers to Capela who is battling the best year after year, how dumb.

11 minutes ago, Dwash said:

No its not. JV coaches wont keep him  on the court against some sad *** EC teams in the playoffs. Thats my point. That makes him a part time player when it counts Einstein and it has been proven that despite his big numbers, he is a liability. Then wanna compare his playoff numbers to Capela who is battling the best year after year, how dumb.

When JV resigns here and starts avg 20/10 in 28 mpg while having the highest PER for a center in the NBA next year while on a West team I’m going to bring this up. 

His numbers in limited minutes are not a liability. Him running out of steam is. If you have a player that can put up those types of numbers in limited minutes it opens up opportunities for other players to make an impact. Different types of lineups to be utilized. 

There is more than one way to skin a cat. 

Its like you naming Vucevic a better center than him. But guess what, he isn’t. He is just as much of a liability but got minutes because he was a main cog in the rotation. 

as a matter of fact, go look at Vucevics stats the year he avg 28 mpg a few seasons ago. Guess who they are in line with. 

Look at how many minutes he played last season and compare it to Memphis playing time for Jonas. 

You named him as better, but refuse to acknowledge the fact that they are similar players and not only that, are looking past the role JV had in Toronto. 

JV as a main guy would actually be better than Nikola.

This isn’t up for debate. 

Vuvecic can shoot and keep.the paint free for other players. So he would fit better on a good team that isnt running every play for him. But he isnt a full time starter for a contender either and likely never will be.

"Running out of steam" is why he is benched after 22 minutes? Lol ok.

11 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

When JV resigns here and starts avg 20/10 in 28 mpg while having the highest PER for a center in the NBA next year while on a West team I’m going to bring this up. 

His numbers in limited minutes are not a liability. Him running out of steam is. If you have a player that can put up those types of numbers in limited minutes it opens up opportunities for other players to make an impact. Different types of lineups to be utilized. 

There is more than one way to skin a cat. 

Its like you naming Vucevic a better center than him. But guess what, he isn’t. He is just as much of a liability but got minutes because he was a main cog in the rotation. 

as a matter of fact, go look at Vucevics stats the year he avg 28 mpg a few seasons ago. Guess who they are in line with. 

Look at how many minutes he played last season and compare it to Memphis playing time for Jonas. 

You named him as better, but refuse to acknowledge the fact that they are similar players and not only that, are looking past the role JV had in Toronto. 

JV as a main guy would actually be better than Nikola.

This isn’t up for debate. 

This is such a stupid post it doesn’t deserve a retort. 

10 minutes ago, BAMAFREAK said:

Really. What part is stupid? I suggest you go look at their stats before you suggest that. 

I will maintain and say right now that if JV is made a focal point of an offense like Nikola they will have very similar stats and that JV will do it in less minutes. 

The man avg 20/10 for us during his stint last season in 28 minutes a game. 

Say what yall want, he’s nowhere near as bad as you make him out to be. 

Good news is we get him for a year and can possibly extend him and use him for a trade if we need to. 

21 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Vuvecic can shoot and keep.the paint free for other players. So he would fit better on a good team that isnt running every play for him. But he isnt a full time starter for a contender either and likely never will be.

"Running out of steam" is why he is benched after 22 minutes? Lol ok.

That is one thing he can do better. But even then their stats are similar even with Nikola playing similar minutes the two years prior to this one. 

You are the one that named him a top 8 Center. Capela shouldn’t even be in the conversation. 

56 minutes ago, BAMAFREAK said:

Yet you retorted....

36 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

That is one thing he can do better. But even then their stats are similar even with Nikola playing similar minutes the two years prior to this one. 

You are the one that named him a top 8 Center. Capela shouldn’t even be in the conversation. 

I named all the centers a GM would take over JV. I had more than 8 centers.

3 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Yet you retorted....

Never go full retort

On 5/11/2019 at 7:47 AM, I❤️JV said:

I am just guessing, but i feel he is looking for 60mil. 4 years deal. 

after watching GAME 1 vs the GOLDENSTATE thats why the RAPTORS made that trade for MARC , marc D  is the main reason for that trade , put I,m rooting  for the big guy to stay

marc Gasol is a SMART player

35 minutes ago, lions said:

marc Gasol is a SMART player

......yes and it shows it when it count. But at 34 years old, he will not be as efficient as JV during regular season. This deal was a win win for both teams. We need a guy who can make the team better during 82 games and JV clearly fit. And Toronto knew they were going to play-off and need someone who could stand up at money time. Marc is perfect for that. I do hope Toronto will the championship this year, will be great for Marc.

7 hours ago, Memphis Maverick said:

I will maintain and say right now that if JV is made a focal point of an offense like Nikola they will have very similar stats and that JV will do it in less minutes. 

The man avg 20/10 for us during his stint last season in 28 minutes a game. 

Say what yall want, he’s nowhere near as bad as you make him out to be. 

Good news is we get him for a year and can possibly extend him and use him for a trade if we need to. 

If JV is the focal point of a teams offense then that team isn’t very good

Yall are getting ridiculous with this JV stuff. He isn’t a game changer. He’s just a rotational big on a good team 

9 hours ago, Memphis Maverick said:

In reference to the rumors that Capela and Paul are on the block. 

The rumor is the entire team is available for a trade. That doesn’t mean it is likely they all get traded. 

2 hours ago, Allen said:

Yall are getting ridiculous with this JV stuff. He isn’t a game changer. He’s just a rotational big on a good team 

They do not understand.  Just caught up in the late season run up he had.  He is going to lead us back to the playoffs.  Just need to keep Mike Conley...

...and trade the #2 pick for an All Star.

2 hours ago, Allen said:

Yes. And because he is an offense first player who needs touches to be effective, his value diminishes greatly as you move him down the pecking order.

2 hours ago, Allen said:

Lol. According to this thread JV is better than Nikola Jokic and Rudy Gobert

11 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Yes. And because he is an offense first player who needs touches to be effective, his value diminishes greatly as you move him down the pecking order.

Which is why I have been saying he does not need to be extended until he plays with Jaren for a season.

9 minutes ago, BAMAFREAK said:

what do the stats say?

obv Rudy better rim protector

where else do Jokic and Rudy out perform JV? honest question as I don't follow those guys.

13 minutes ago, BAMAFREAK said:

No but he's better than any alternative currently under contract with the Grizzlies. I agree with MemhisX. He shouldn't be extended until the team sees how he performs with JJJ and probably Ja. 

2 minutes ago, guillermo said:

what do the stats say?

obv Rudy better rim protector

where else do Jokic and Rudy out perform JV? honest question as I don't follow those guys.

Well then you don’t have a lot of reason to weigh in on this then. 

Gobert is an all time great defender and the best in the game today. He’s not as skilled offensively as JV but it doesn’t matter, his impact is on another level. 

Jokic is a top 2 playmaking center of all time who can also score. JV wouldn’t be able to stay on the floor with Jokic, it’s laughable people here are comparing them. Jokic is a future mvp candidate. JV is only a starter on about 7 teams. 

5 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

No but he's better than any alternative currently under contract with the Grizzlies. 

Ok, not disagreeing with that but don’t see how it’s relevant here.