Gogrizz123

Is there any news on if JV is gonna sign with the grizzlies

Recommended Posts

On 5/22/2019 at 12:56 PM, toocoolkellz said:

Suchy a Debby Downer lol

Image result for debbie downer gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dwash said:

Good piece of midseason trade fodder if any playoff team needs a scorer off the bench.

Yea considering your top 10 Center Clint Capela is likely to get traded this offseason 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, smit-tay griz said:

Why the heck are you so sour over him?

I’m indifferent. In the end, he won’t matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MemphisX said:

I’m indifferent. In the end, he won’t matter.

Perhaps not, but he CAN rebound and we do need rebounding right now.  Scoring too.  I always thought that you were irritated with the sudden influx of player fans after the trade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

I’m indifferent. In the end, he won’t matter.

lol, nobody matters but the superstars in Memphis X's head. So we have no use for 20 point scorer and a 10 rebound guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, smit-tay griz said:

Perhaps not, but he CAN rebound and we do need rebounding right now.  Scoring too.  I always thought that you were irritated with the sudden influx of player fans after the trade

He's still waiting for Mike Conley to surpass John Stockton's assist numbers.

And Run GMC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Perhaps not, but he CAN rebound and we do need rebounding right now.  Scoring too.  I always thought that you were irritated with the sudden influx of player fans after the trade

We are definitely a more credible team with him next season.  Still a lottery team but competitive.  I just don't think he is a long term answer to anything here and is likely a hindrance. 

The player fans are fun.  I like to needle them.  They love their guy and bring traffic to this board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

He's still waiting for Mike Conley to surpass John Stockton's assist numbers.

And Run GMC. 

I am waiting for you to honor your word and not post any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't anybody learned yet? Memphis X loves to watch farm teams develop and then trade those guys, once they actual mature and not what he has envisioned in his head, to an actual player.

He LOVES it. I give him 3 more years with Jaren and he'll be ready to trade him to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Yea considering your top 10 Center Clint Capela is likely to get traded this offseason 

Well he does start for a contender something JV will never do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Yea considering your top 10 Center Clint Capela is likely to get traded this offseason 

Likely? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Well he does start for a contender something JV will never do.

Houston made it as far as the Raptors ever have in the East. Where JV started. Also, his career averages in the playoffs are better than Capelas as well. All in about 6 minutes less a game than Capela with a higher PER as well. 

Back to the drawing board you go! 🤫

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MemphisX said:

I am waiting for you to honor your word and not post any more.

written in chalk on the sidewalk on a RAINY DAY 

not built to last

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MemphisX said:

I am waiting for you to honor your word and not post any more.

 

3 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

written in chalk on the sidewalk on a RAINY DAY 

not built to last

It really IS fun here. 

Laughter and I get my expression of the day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Houston made it as far as the Raptors ever have in the East. Where JV started. Also, his career averages in the playoffs are better than Capelas as well. All in about 6 minutes less a game than Capela with a higher PER as well. 

Back to the drawing board you go! 🤫

Who cares? When the Raptors became a serious contender...we all know they werent before this year after getting swept by that sorry Cavs team that even the Pacers and baby Celts took to 7...off to the bench behind Serge Ibaka...and out the door for Gasol goes JV.

Get a clue, I promise you 10 out of 10 contenders would start Capela over the brick footed JV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dwash said:

Who cares? When the Raptors became a serious contender...we all know they werent before this year...off to the bench behind Serge Ibaka...and out the door for Gasol goes JV.

Get a clue, I promise you 10 out of 10 contenders would start Capela over the brick footed JV.

They became a serious contender because of Leonard, nothing else. That and the addition and emergence of Siakim. 

They would have started JV in the playoffs. They started Gasol. 

Your promises mean nothing when there is nothing to back it up. 

You talk about max contract players.... yet Clint makes less than JV.

You y’all about starting for a contender and JV made it to the conference finals (while starting) just like Capela.

Jonas has better stats all around. Heck his per 36 in the playoffs make Clint look like a third string player. 

His advanced stats show the same. 

His generic numbers just at a glance show you are wrong. 

There are no stats to back up your opinion and there are certainly not enough dumb GMs to hold your promise to a candle. 

That was their big issue. Putting JV our while trying to rely on a second option at best player like DeRozan. 

My point all along is that he’s worth 17 million all day. Similar contracts in the NBA actually point to him being worth more if we are comparing contracts. 

I have a clue. You just have a jaded view point of long athletic centers that hide behind James harden lobs and can’t create their own buckets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other thing about this whole deal is that you have JJJ. That pretty much plays the role of Capela here. I think a pairing of him and JV is actually a great combo. 

So again, my point is that if you are going to pay someone, just to pay someone that has trade value and can help someone grow it makes sense to pay jonas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

They became a serious contender because of Leonard, nothing else. That and the addition and emergence of Siakim. 

They would have started JV in the playoffs. They started Gasol. 

Your promises mean nothing when there is nothing to back it up. 

You talk about max contract players.... yet Clint makes less than JV.

You y’all about starting for a contender and JV made it to the conference finals (while starting) just like Capela.

Jonas has better stats all around. Heck his per 36 in the playoffs make Clint look like a third string player. 

His advanced stats show the same. 

His generic numbers just at a glance show you are wrong. 

There are no stats to back up your opinion and there are certainly not enough dumb GMs to hold your promise to a candle. 

That was their big issue. Putting JV our while trying to rely on a second option at best player like DeRozan. 

My point all along is that he’s worth 17 million all day. Similar contracts in the NBA actually point to him being worth more if we are comparing contracts. 

I have a clue. You just have a jaded view point of long athletic centers that hide behind James harden lobs and can’t create their own buckets. 

His per 36 playoffs...if he is so dominant WHY DO YOU THINK HIS MINUTES ARE ALWAYS CUT??? Why was he coming off the bench behind Ibaka? Like you have to keep projecting his per 36...cause he only plays 24 minutes? 

Psss, I will give you a hint. His coaches think he is a liability.

And second, Capela is competing against the Warriors yearly in his playoff stats. And Spurs one year. Jazz twice which is a top notch defensive team. JV gets the sorry Cavs who couldnt guard a stick, the Wizards, and some other barely .500 teams. You think that matters??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think JV opting in is best for the team.  We get to see how well he works with Jaren but are not committed past this season.  He gives us a big who can rebound, score, and bang with the other team's big guys.  If things don't work out satisfactorily, we can part at the end of the season, or we can deal his expiring before the deadline.  If there is any magic in the frontcourt with Jaren, or if he becomes a favorite target of Ja we can figure things out next summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, smit-tay griz said:

I think JV opting in is best for the team.  We get to see how well he works with Jaren but are not committed past this season.  He gives us a big who can rebound, score, and bang with the other team's big guys.  If things don't work out satisfactorily, we can part at the end of the season, or we can deal his expiring before the deadline.  If there is any magic in the frontcourt with Jaren, or if he becomes a favorite target of Ja we can figure things out next summer.

Bingo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dwash said:

His per 36 playoffs...if he is so dominant WHY DO YOU THINK HIS MINUTES ARE ALWAYS CUT??? Why was he coming off the bench behind Ibaka? Like you have to keep projecting his per 36...cause he only plays 24 minutes? 

Psss, I will give you a hint. His coaches think he is a liability.

And second, Capela is competing against the Warriors yearly in his playoff stats. And Spurs one year. Jazz twice which is a top notch defensive team. JV gets the sorry Cavs who couldnt guard a stick, the Wizards, and some other barely .500 teams. You think that matters??

Even his 24 minutes were better than a Capelas 30 so your point is mute. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now