Gogrizz123

Is there any news on if JV is gonna sign with the grizzlies

42 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

I won't quote you cause the stats didn't format correctly but if JV is in the starting unit then he is running pick and rolls with Ja not Jaren. Cause JV sets way better picks but we need Jaren and Ja to develop that chemistry together for pick and rolls pick and pops all that good stuff. 

So if Jaren and Ja are the focal's what's JV's role? Garbage man occasional iso post ups? I don't see how he and Jaren can play together without getting into each other's way especially if JV isnt the one in the pick and rolls

honestly i don't want 3Js to be a post big...i want him on the wing...i think garnett said it best when he said he sees 3Js as a 6'10 kawhi..if he is going to be great he needs to be able to score all over the court..imo if not he is at best a allstar...perimeter game with post game imo equals potential HOFer...also i think JV covers all 3js weakness [size,strength,rebounding,picksetting) with the adding benefit of not being a lieblity on offense...plus JV can make jumpers and occasional 3s so its not like he just going to be plumpt in the paint..and i like the ideal of ja having a choice in screen setters that have different outcomes.

oh and the stats...basically JV has the same career 3pt%/Defensive rating as gasol/lopez but with a higher offensive rating

2 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

honestly i don't want 3Js to be a post big...i want him on the wing...i think garnett said it best when he said he sees 3Js as a 6'10 kawhi..if he is going to be great he needs to be able to score all over the court..imo if not he is at best a allstar...perimeter game with post game imo equals potential HOFer...also i think JV covers all 3js weakness [size,strength,rebounding,picksetting) with the adding benefit of not being a lieblity on offense...plus JV can make jumpers and occasional 3s so its not like he just going to be plumpt in the paint..and i like the ideal of ja having a choice in screen setters that have different outcomes.

oh and the stats...basically JV has the same career 3pt%/Defensive rating as gasol/lopez but with a higher offensive rating

I don't want Jaren to be a post big either after watching his 8 three performance in SL last year I was very upset they tried to force him to play in the post all season

20 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

I don't want Jaren to be a post big either after watching his 8 three performance in SL last year I was very upset they tried to force him to play in the post all season

I want Jaren to work his tail off on defense and helping out with rebounding then get rewarded on offense -- he should have the green light!

His shot attempts should be split between 3's, mid range shots, and post attempts. 

Yeah, maybe he should be around 4 or 5 three point attempts per game.  He should be a guy feasting off pick and pops.  

I don't think we need to put Jaren in any one area. He can be great in the post and on the perimeter. It will just depend on his matchup. If he can overpower people in the post, then do it. If he can get around the from the perimeter, then do that. He has the skillset. 

8 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

They obviously have to pick the best coach regardless of whether it means JV will pick up his option/sign a long term deal, but if theyre deciding on two coaches and the difference is small - but JV will sign with us if we go with Sarunas -  then  we should just go with Sarunas. I can't imagine the difference in these coaches, Collins/Tibbets etc... is too large.

1 hour ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Well if they, meaning the grizzlies front office, are doing everything to keep Jonas happy long term, then they aren't as stupid as I think they are.

Although, maybe they are trying to appease Jonas without using Mike Conley, which means that they are not too smart. Losing Jonas would be the worst result by far, losing Mike in a half-baked deal will be a close second, but if the grizzlies get resonable value for Mike, then you won't lose him for nothing like you would with Jonas.

My preference is to keep both Mike and Jonas, but if that's not possible, we need to keep Jonas first and foremost.

Jonas staying is out of the Grizzlies control they can't lose him for nothing they never had an opportunity to trade him he always had the possibility of being an expiring contract. 

His deadline is coming up and I don't think the Grizz are going to hire Sarunas so Jonas may opt in for the money but I don't see a long-term deal in play.

2 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

Jonas staying is out of the Grizzlies control they can't lose him for nothing they never had an opportunity to trade him he always had the possibility of being an expiring contract. 

His deadline is coming up and I don't think the Grizz are going to hire Sarunas so Jonas may opt in for the money but I don't see a long-term deal in play.

Listen, we all know that he can decide to pick up the contract or reject it. Why do you keep trying to correct people on this? It's clear that he has stated that his decision WILL be influenced by who the grizzlies hire as a head coach, so yes the grizzlies have some influence over his decision.

My point is that the grizzlies SHOULD make an effort to hire a head coach that he will approve of. It also appears that the grizzlies understand this as well and are trying to make sure that they keep Jonas at all costs.

Why do you think they care if Jonas signs off on their coaching hire? When did JV become the star of the team. I think if they cared about JV feelings in the coaching search they would have hired Sarunas by now.

It's obvious that you don't care about rebuilding the team and redefining their identity. But I don't think JV's wishes are playing a big part in what the FO is doing coaching wise.

They should be focused on a coach that can help Jaren and the number 2 pick develop not a coach that your center whom you have had for a few months is comfortable with. I find all of JV's comments on a coach comical cause he seems out of touch with the direction the Grizz should be going in.

15 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

If you only play JJJ on the wing you're wasting half of his offensive potential.  Jaren should be used as a spot up shooter, cutting to the basket, pick and roll big, pick and pop big, driving to the basket, AND posting up down low.  He has shown that he can do all those things, maybe more.

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

If you only play JJJ on the wing you're wasting half of his offensive potential.  Jaren should be used as a spot up shooter, cutting to the basket, pick and roll big, pick and pop big, driving to the basket, AND posting up down low.  He has shown that he can do all those things, maybe more.

So Kevin Durant on offense and Dennis Rodman on defense? Sounds good to me!

1 minute ago, ALT GRIND said:

I don't really think he's quite like KD.  I don't think he has the handles or quickness, or the shoot off the dribble capability that KD does.  He is better in the low post than KD though, and if you just put him on the wing you are wasting that portion of his talent.  They need to develop him to be a threat from all over the court.

One thing that JJJ did last season on possession changes was to quickly get down court and establish deep paint position early in the shot clock.  I think that they should continue to work that even with JV being there.  If the opportunity to get the ball to Jaren doesn't present itself, he can then slide out to the wing for spot ups or cutting/driving opportunities and JV can then work the post.

18 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Is that all they see out of JJJ? I believe they are short-changing his abilities! 

Image result for sarcasm gif

3 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

I don't really think he's quite like KD.  I don't think he has the handles or quickness, or the shoot off the dribble capability that KD does.  He is better in the low post than KD though, and if you just put him on the wing you are wasting that portion of his talent.  They need to develop him to be a threat from all over the court.

One thing that JJJ did last season on possession changes was to quickly get down court and establish deep paint position early in the shot clock.  I think that they should continue to work that even with JV being there.  If the opportunity to get the ball to Jaren doesn't present itself, he can then slide out to the wing for spot ups or cutting/driving opportunities and JV can then work the post.

I am wondering if we should get Jaren 5 attempts from 3 point land per game AND get him as many touches in the post as any other player in the league.  

I also think he can be a big thread from mid-range.

All THREE J's: 3 pointers, mid-range, and post!

Just now, ALT GRIND said:

I am wondering if we should get Jaren 5 attempts from 3 point land per game AND get him as many touches in the post as any other player in the league.  

It will be tougher to get him post touches when JV is on the floor.  That's why I suggested the very early shot clock post touches with JJJ outhustling his defender to establish position before the defense has set up.  They won't be able to do it every time, but if they catch them napping two or three times a game that would be one way to use his post skills while JV is on the floor.  I would like to see them use Jaren on the block when JV is catching a breather too.

56 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Image result for slap gif

That's not going to happen. For JJJ to lead the league in touches in the post AND shoot five three's is fools talk. 

26 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

That's not going to happen. For JJJ to lead the league in touches in the post AND shoot five three's is fools talk. 

Somebody has to be the guy.  Might as well be Jaren.

17 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Somebody has to be the guy.  Might as well be Jaren.

Being the guy and leading the league in post touches plus taking 5 three point shot attempts a game is radically different. Can you tell me anyone who has led the league in post touches and shot at least 4 three point attempts a game? 

1 minute ago, chipc3 said:

Being the guy and leading the league in post touches plus taking 5 three point shot attempts a game is radically different. Can you tell me anyone who has led the league in post touches and shot at least 4 three point attempts a game? 

EXACTLY.

4 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

EXACTLY.

Image result for What gif

Did you not understand my question?

Can you name anyone who has done less than what you are requesting of JJJ as a 20 year old who hasn't even played 60 games yet? 

36 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Image result for What gif

Did you not understand my question?

Can you name anyone who has done less than what you are requesting of JJJ as a 20 year old who hasn't even played 60 games yet? 

EXACTLY!

Sorry....couldn't resist.

15 minutes ago, CarloJ63 said:

EXACTLY!

Sorry....couldn't resist.