Gogrizz123

Is there any news on if JV is gonna sign with the grizzlies

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, BAMAFREAK said:

I’m not saying you don’t want him back, or even that he’s not a good fit. I’m simply checking these guys saying he’s as good as the top centers in the league. That’s my only point. 

Ya I agree with you here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2019 at 6:32 PM, GrizzTigerFan said:

Im actually not sure.    Ja + Jaren would be an insanely athletic duo.   Plenty of speed and athleticism surround them with shooters and another athletic Big.      

Would you all really want a traditional big in the post?  

His offensive ability is great enough that I'm definitely willing to pair them, especially for a long term deal. If he opts out, I'd be willing to sign him again for 4 years/50ish. A GREAT young core of Ja/Jaren/Brooks/Val/Wright/Bruno/Anderson/Dorsey is both exciting and should be competitive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Golden State has Boogie Cousins. Toronto has Marc Gasol. Philadelphia has Joel Embiid. Milwaukee has Brook Lopez. Portland has Jusuf Nurcik and Enos Kantner. Denver has Nikola Jokic. Oklahoma City has Steven Adams. Boston has Al Horford and Harold Baynes. Houston has Clint Capella. Brooklyn has Jarrett Allen. Detroit has Drummond. Orlando has Nikola Vucivic.

Seems like most competitive teams have big men who can defend the paint and stretch the court somewhat. JJJ may become a solid center one day but right now he is not physically strong enough nor mentally prepared for that role in my eyes. I may be wrong and it would be fantastic if that turned out to be the case but until then I feel better knowing the team has someone who can fill that role on the team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Golden State has Boogie Cousins. Toronto has Marc Gasol. Philadelphia has Joel Embiid. Milwaukee has Brook Lopez. Portland has Jusuf Nurcik and Enos Kantner. Denver has Nikola Jokic. Oklahoma City has Steven Adams. Boston has Al Horford and Harold Baynes. Houston has Clint Capella. Brooklyn has Jarrett Allen. Detroit has Drummond. Orlando has Nikola Vucivic.

Seems like most competitive teams have big men who can defend the paint and stretch the court somewhat. JJJ may become a solid center one day but right now he is not physically strong enough nor mentally prepared for that role in my eyes. I may be wrong and it would be fantastic if that turned out to be the case but until then I feel better knowing the team has someone who can fill that role on the team. 

Kanter and Drummond are the closet to JV in skillset.    All the other Centers you mention are better defenders, playmakers, or floor spacer than he is.    Kanter got waived and DET has been trying to trade Drummond ever since they extended him. 

Once again JV is totally a good player to have on the roster - especially during regular season.    He just can't be one of our primary guys longterm.   That's why TOR used him as a reserve and later traded him.    I think the team should be built around guys that can't get played off the court.    That was the real problem with the CORE4.   Tony and Zbo could be turned into liabilities pretty easily.   Tony inability to shoot or playmake;  Zbo' inability to defend PickNRolls and perimeter defense.  

A team can't be successful when there most important players can be turned into net negatives on the court.      Jaren and Ja have the size and skillsets that if developed properly they can never be exploited by the opposing team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Kanter and Drummond are the closet to JV in skillset.    All the other Centers you mention are better defenders, playmakers, or floor spacer than he is.    Kanter got waived and DET has been trying to trade Drummond ever since they extended him. 

Once again JV is totally a good player to have on the roster - especially during regular season.    He just can't be one of our primary guys longterm.   That's why TOR used him as a reserve and later traded him.    I think the team should be built around guys that can't get played off the court.    That was the real problem with the CORE4.   Tony and Zbo could be turned into liabilities pretty easily.   Tony inability to shoot or playmake;  Zbo' inability to defend PickNRolls and perimeter defense.  

A team can't be successful when there most important players can be turned into net negatives on the court.      Jaren and Ja have the size and skillsets that if developed properly they can never be exploited by the opposing team. 

The idea that Kanter will somehow responsible for the Oklahoma City thunder team losing out in the first round of playoffs is pretty laughable and Andre Drummond is a defensive rebounder and rim protector with no offense of game whatsoever.

and the idea that a 20-point score a game is not worthy to play on the grizzlies team or I don't know what to say about that. We must be the next Showtime Lakers I guess.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Cancer is a stretch 5 and Andre Drummond is a defensive rebounder and rim protector with no offense of game whatsoever.

and the idea that a 20-point score a game is not worthy to play on the grizzlies team or I don't know what to say about that. We must be the next Showtime Lakers I guess.

 

Enos Kanter is a stretch five? We must be thinking about different Kanter's. 

I agree that turning our noses up at a potential 15-20 ppg scorer seems laughable right now however. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MemphisX said:

Which is why I have been saying he does not need to be extended until he plays with Jaren for a season.

I never said he should be extended. But we do need to see how he plays with Jaren. You don’t let him walk, you do everything you can to keep him here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

I never said he should be extended. But we do need to see how he plays with Jaren. You don’t let him walk, you do everything you can to keep him here. 

So if Jonas wants to opt out how exactly do the Grizzlies stop him from leaving without extending his deal? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

So if Jonas wants to opt out how exactly do the Grizzlies stop him from leaving without extending his deal? 

I doubt he will just drop 17 mil. Now that I think about it it would probably be ideal to extend him anyway under a 15-17mil a year contract. Very doable and also gives us a good trade piece along with a 20/10 player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

......yes and it shows it when it count. But at 34 years old, he will not be as efficient as JV during regular season. This deal was a win win for both teams. We need a guy who can make the team better during 82 games and JV clearly fit. And Toronto knew they were going to play-off and need someone who could stand up at money time. Marc is perfect for that. I do hope Toronto will the championship this year, will be great for Marc.

you are 100 percent right , the only reason I started this is because the poster I LOVE JV seems to like to bash marc ,marc was a great grizzlies on and OFF THE COURT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yep Bingo!   They traded for Marc because Gasol is the type of Big Center that doesn't get made obsolete in the playoffs.   He spaces the floor, playmakes and defends.       Those are the common skillsets of all the Bigs that had integral roles throughout the playoffs.   Embiid,  Brook Lopez, Jokic and Gasol ALL did those things.     All the old school non-mobile bigs that cannot defend got played off the floor.     Guys like JV, Kanter, Capela are cool to have during regular season but in Playoffs their limitations become liabilities.  

Having said all that - I am totally cool with JV opting in because i do enjoy watching him "go to work". 

100 percent right ,the poster I LOVE JV likes to BASH marc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Memphis Maverick said:

I doubt he will just drop 17 mil. Now that I think about it it would probably be ideal to extend him anyway under a 15-17mil a year contract. Very doable and also gives us a good trade piece along with a 20/10 player

A 20 game stretch in garbage time games doesn’t make him a 20 10 player 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Allen said:

A 20 game stretch in garbage time games doesn’t make him a 20 10 player 

Yeah when he does it for atleast a full season he then becomes a 20/10 player. Thats step 1. Step 2 is then determining how good a team will be with him being a primary scorer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Allen said:

A 20 game stretch in garbage time games doesn’t make him a 20 10 player 

I don't think you understand the concept of garbage time. 20 games is a 1/4 of a season, I don't think 90% of these games were teams NOT worrying about winning the game.

It reminds me of the argument that Mike Conley is supposedly an injury prone player when he had 2 seasons of sustained injuries and the other 10 seasons he was fairly healthy.

And Marc Gasol will never be the same after his injury either which was 3 years ago now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I don't think you understand the concept of garbage time. 20 games is a 1/4 of a season, I don't think 90% of these games were teams NOT worrying about winning the game.

It reminds me of the argument that Mike Conley is supposedly an injury prone player when he had 2 seasons of sustained injuries and the other 10 seasons he was fairly healthy.

And Marc Gasol will never be the same after his injury either which was 3 years ago now.

It was three missing sustantial time.  You're forgetting his rookie season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JV to me earned the chance (the opportunity) to become JJJ's long term partner.  I really can't fault anything he did under the circumstances he arrived in.  He went from a team that's now in the finals.. to a team in the lottery, after returning from an injury.. and didn't miss a beat.  His numbers actually went up.  He tried his guts out, played well.. without even having a training camp with the team.  It's not even really fair to judge anything he does, until he has a full training camp with the proper roster.. with stable coaching and some stability.  It wouldn't surprise me if he posted career best numbers this upcoming season if these things are in place.  I don't think he hurts the development of JJJ, if anything.. he compliments him on the rebounding end.. because that's one of JJJ's biggest weaknesses right now (and foul trouble).

If there's one flaw, I would say he's a tad old.  And he's not even old.  He's 27.  It's just that JJJ and Ja are so young, that ideally, it'd be best to be planning for the roster to be at it's best 3-5 years from now.  Even then, he'd only be 30-32, but it'd be better if he were 25-27.  In the meantime, JV deserves a chance to prove his worth IMO.  Assuming that he likes the team, and the city and wants to stay.  At first he was very disappointed with the trade and seemed to love the city of Toronto, but he handled the trade like a professional.. and I didn't see any hints that he dislikes Memphis.  If he were to leave, it would likely be a business decision based on money.  Nothing against Memphis itself.

He still has potential to improve.. but regardless, in the next year or two it's not going to matter much in the long run.  He could be a veteran presence.. or he could be a temporary place holder for a future big.. a future draft pick or trade.  Or FA signing.  But he's a decent player, a decent guy off the court and he tries hard.

I don't see Memphis getting home court in the playoffs in the next 2 years, so in a way.. it doesn't matter.  As long as JJJ and Ja, stay healthy and learn and develop.. everyone else is sort of flexible or open to possibilities.  It'll all reveal itself over the next year or two, in terms of the play style.. and finding the right kinds of players that compliment JJJ and Ja.. based on what we are seeing on the court.

I guess the only other thing to say would be.. no long term big contracts please.  No Gasol or Conley contracts.  No Chandler Parsons contracts.  Maintain flexibility moving forward.  And react to what the needs are, based on what happens on the court.  JJJ and Ja can be great, but they'll need the right pieces around them to reach their potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2019 at 6:13 AM, AussieGfan said:

JV to me earned the chance (the opportunity) to become JJJ's long term partner.  I really can't fault anything he did under the circumstances he arrived in.  He went from a team that's now in the finals.. to a team in the lottery, after returning from an injury.. and didn't miss a beat.  His numbers actually went up.  He tried his guts out, played well.. without even having a training camp with the team.  It's not even really fair to judge anything he does, until he has a full training camp with the proper roster.. with stable coaching and some stability.  It wouldn't surprise me if he posted career best numbers this upcoming season if these things are in place.  I don't think he hurts the development of JJJ, if anything.. he compliments him on the rebounding end.. because that's one of JJJ's biggest weaknesses right now (and foul trouble).

If there's one flaw, I would say he's a tad old.  And he's not even old.  He's 27.  It's just that JJJ and Ja are so young, that ideally, it'd be best to be planning for the roster to be at it's best 3-5 years from now.  Even then, he'd only be 30-32, but it'd be better if he were 25-27.  In the meantime, JV deserves a chance to prove his worth IMO.  Assuming that he likes the team, and the city and wants to stay.  At first he was very disappointed with the trade and seemed to love the city of Toronto, but he handled the trade like a professional.. and I didn't see any hints that he dislikes Memphis.  If he were to leave, it would likely be a business decision based on money.  Nothing against Memphis itself.

He still has potential to improve.. but regardless, in the next year or two it's not going to matter much in the long run.  He could be a veteran presence.. or he could be a temporary place holder for a future big.. a future draft pick or trade.  Or FA signing.  But he's a decent player, a decent guy off the court and he tries hard.

I don't see Memphis getting home court in the playoffs in the next 2 years, so in a way.. it doesn't matter.  As long as JJJ and Ja, stay healthy and learn and develop.. everyone else is sort of flexible or open to possibilities.  It'll all reveal itself over the next year or two, in terms of the play style.. and finding the right kinds of players that compliment JJJ and Ja.. based on what we are seeing on the court.

I guess the only other thing to say would be.. no long term big contracts please.  No Gasol or Conley contracts.  No Chandler Parsons contracts.  Maintain flexibility moving forward.  And react to what the needs are, based on what happens on the court.  JJJ and Ja can be great, but they'll need the right pieces around them to reach their potential.

Good post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JV is fine as long as he isn't the primary option we literally just went through a period where a post player was the primary option and the team repeatedly got exposed. When you look at the playoff and see traditional bigs sitting on the bench what makes you want to lock one up long term? Athletic bigs and floor stretching bigs are trending right now not traditional bigs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

JV is fine as long as he isn't the primary option we literally just went through a period where a post player was the primary option and the team repeatedly got exposed. When you look at the playoff and see traditional bigs sitting on the bench what makes you want to lock one up long term? Athletic bigs and floor stretching bigs are trending right now not traditional bigs.

nun of those bigs are post threats so really there not traditional bigs ex.shaq/mourning/ewing all where beast in the post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

nun of those bigs are post threats so really there not traditional bigs ex.shaq/mourning/ewing all where beast in the post

I mean bigs that get their points from post touches and can't stretch the floor effectively.

If your big can't guard pick n rolls then they have to completely overwhelm on the offensive end to make up for the defensive mismatch. JV would be perfect off the bench but is that what he wants on a rebuilding team I doubt it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ndq0327 said:

I mean bigs that get their points from post touches and can't stretch the floor effectively.

If your big can't guard pick n rolls then they have to completely overwhelm on the offensive end to make up for the defensive mismatch. JV would be perfect off the bench but is that what he wants on a rebuilding team I doubt it.

so you think JV would give up more points on the defensive end than the amount he can score...also even tho he not a great 3pt shooter guys seems to respect the shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he'd be a monster on the pick and roll with Ja,  I'm just worried about how him and Ja will coexist on the court.  Not saying they can't,  just saying we have limited information right now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

so you think JV would give up more points on the defensive end than the amount he can score...also even tho he not a great 3pt shooter guys seems to respect the shot.

JV did all that scoring at the end of the season on a bad team where was all of that in Toronto? It was on the bench if he was that good they would have been playing him. We fell for the same thing last year with Brooks.

JV is good but he doesn't need to be the focal point of a rebuilding team especially when his playstyle has already been exposed. Unless he starts shooting three's like Brook Lopez or becomes a plus rim protector and pick n Roll defender then what is the point of locking him up on a rebuilding team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

JV did all that scoring at the end of the season on a bad team where was all of that in Toronto? It was on the bench if he was that good they would have been playing him. We fell for the same thing last year with Brooks.

JV is good but he doesn't need to be the focal point of a rebuilding team especially when his playstyle has already been exposed. Unless he starts shooting three's like Brook Lopez or becomes a plus rim protector and pick n Roll defender then what is the point of locking him up on a rebuilding team

i dont think anyone thinks JV should be the focal point of the team..more like 3Js (and now Ja) sidekick...i sure dont think he should be a number 1option but he is a great piece to the puzzle.

jonas val:

Season Age Tm Lg Pos G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS   ORtg DRtg
Career     NBA   489 461 12301 9.7 17.3 .558 0.2 0.5 .357 9.5 16.8 .565 5.1 6.4 .786 5.2 12.1 17.3 1.6 0.8 2.1 3.1 5.7 24.6   117 104
                                                               
7 seasons   TOR NBA   470 444 11774 9.4 16.9 .559 0.2 0.5 .370 9.3 16.4 .565 5.0 6.3 .787 5.3 12.0 17.2 1.5 0.8 2.1 3.0 5.7 24.0   118 104
1 season   MEM NBA   19 17 527 14.3 26.3 .545 0.5 1.7 .278 13.9 24.6 .563 6.6 8.6 .769 4.9 14.2 19.1 3.9 0.6 2.8 4.8 6.0 35.7   109 105
2012-13 20 TOR NBA C 62 57 1482 7.3 13.1 .557 0.0 0.0   7.3 13.1 .557 5.2 6.6 .789 4.3 9.0 13.3 1.6 0.6 2.8 3.4 6.7 19.9   113 106
2013-14 21 TOR NBA C 81 81 2282 8.2 15.5 .531 0.0 0.0 .000 8.2 15.5 .532 4.5 6.0 .762 5.2 11.2 16.4 1.3 0.5 1.6 3.1 5.7 21.0   112 104
2014-15 22 TOR NBA C 80 80 2096 9.2 16.1 .572 0.0 0.0 .000 9.2 16.1 .573 5.4 6.8 .786 5.3 11.8 17.1 1.0 0.8 2.3 2.7 5.5 23.8   121 105
2015-16 23 TOR NBA C 60 59 1557 10.1 17.8 .565 0.0 0.0   10.1 17.8 .565 5.4 7.1 .761 6.1 12.0 18.2 1.4 0.8 2.7 2.8 5.2 25.5   120 102
2016-17 24 TOR NBA C 80 80 2066 9.6 17.2 .557 0.0 0.0 .500 9.6 17.2 .557 4.3 5.3 .811 5.5 13.1 18.6 1.4 0.9 1.5 2.6 5.3 23.5   120 105
2017-18 25 TOR NBA C 77 77 1727 11.1 19.6 .568 0.9 2.1 .405 10.3 17.5 .587 4.9 6.0 .806 5.2 13.6 18.8 2.3 0.8 2.0 3.3 5.5 28.0   120 103
2018-19 26 TOT NBA C 49 27 1091 13.5 24.0 .559 0.6 2.1 .292 12.8 21.9 .586 6.6 8.3 .795 4.7 14.0 18.7 3.1 0.8 2.4 4.0 6.5 34.1   114 104
2018-19 26 TOR NBA C 30 10 564 12.7 22.0 .575 0.8 2.5 .300 11.9 19.5 .611 6.5 8.0 .819 4.6 13.8 18.4 2.5 1.1 2.0 3.3 7.0 32.6   121 103
2018-19 26 MEM NBA C 19 17 527 14.3 26.3 .545 0.5 1.7 .278 13.9 24.6 .563 6.6 8.6 .769 4.9 14.2 19.1 3.9 0.6 2.8 4.8 6.0 35.7   109 105

brook lopez:

Season Age Tm Lg Pos G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS   ORtg DRtg
Career     NBA   717 680 22175 11.0 22.0 .498 1.0 2.9 .347 10.0 19.1 .521 5.6 7.1 .791 3.7 7.1 10.8 2.5 0.9 2.9 3.1 4.5 28.5   111 108
                                                               
9 seasons   NJN,BRK NBA   562 527 18118 11.6 22.9 .506 0.4 1.2 .328 11.2 21.7 .515 6.4 8.0 .794 4.3 7.2 11.5 2.5 0.9 2.8 3.3 4.5 29.9   111 109
1 season   MIL NBA   81 81 2322 7.1 15.7 .452 3.7 10.2 .365 3.4 5.5 .613 2.2 2.7 .842 0.7 7.3 7.9 2.0 1.0 3.6 1.6 3.8 20.2   113 103
1 season   LAL NBA   74 72 1735 10.2 21.9 .465 3.1 9.0 .345 7.1 12.9 .549 3.1 4.4 .703 2.0 6.1 8.1 3.5 0.8 2.7 2.7 5.4 26.5   108 108
2008-09 20 NJN NBA C 82 75 2501 9.6 18.0 .531 0.0 0.0 .000 9.6 18.0 .532 3.7 4.6 .793 4.8 9.4 14.2 1.8 0.9 3.2 3.1 5.5 22.8   110 108
2009-10 21 NJN NBA C 82 82 3027 9.8 19.6 .499 0.0 0.0 .000 9.8 19.6 .500 7.2 8.8 .817 4.7 7.6 12.3 3.2 1.0 2.4 3.5 4.4 26.8   112 110
2010-11 22 NJN NBA C 82 82 2889 11.9 24.2 .492 0.0 0.0 .000 11.9 24.2 .492 7.1 9.0 .787 3.6 5.4 9.0 2.4 0.9 2.2 3.3 4.4 30.9   108 110
2011-12 23 NJN NBA C 5 5 136 14.9 30.1 .494 0.0 0.0   14.9 30.1 .494 7.8 12.5 .625 3.1 3.9 7.0 2.3 0.4 1.6 2.3 3.1 37.6   107 113
2012-13 24 BRK NBA C 74 74 2253 13.7 26.3 .521 0.0 0.0 .000 13.7 26.2 .522 7.1 9.4 .758 5.0 7.3 12.3 1.7 0.8 3.7 3.1 3.6 34.5   114 105
2013-14 25 BRK NBA C 17 17 533 12.7 22.6 .563 0.0 0.1 .000 12.7 22.5 .566 9.3 11.3 .817 3.8 6.2 10.0 1.6 0.9 3.0 2.8 5.1 34.7   121 108
2014-15 26 BRK NBA C 72 44 2100 12.5 24.3 .513 0.0 0.2 .100 12.4 24.1 .517 5.5 6.8 .814 5.3 7.9 13.2 1.2 1.1 3.1 2.6 5.1 30.5   112 105
2015-16 27 BRK NBA C 73 73 2457 12.1 23.7 .511 0.0 0.3 .143 12.1 23.4 .515 6.5 8.3 .787 4.2 7.6 11.8 3.0 1.2 2.5 3.6 4.4 30.8   109 109
2016-17 28 BRK NBA C 75 75 2222 11.8 25.0 .474 2.9 8.3 .346 9.0 16.7 .536 6.3 7.8 .810 2.6 6.0 8.6 3.8 0.8 2.6 3.9 4.1 32.8   108 111
2017-18 29 LAL NBA C 74 72 1735 10.2 21.9 .465 3.1 9.0 .345 7.1 12.9 .549 3.1 4.4 .703 2.0 6.1 8.1 3.5 0.8 2.7 2.7 5.4 26.5   108 108
2018-19 30 MIL NBA C 81 81 2322 7.1 15.7 .452 3.7 10.2 .365 3.4 5.5 .613 2.2 2.7 .842 0.7 7.3 7.9 2.0 1.0 3.6 1.6 3.8 20.2   113 103

marc gasol:

Season Age Tm Lg Pos G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS   ORtg DRtg
Career     NBA   795 781 26565 8.7 18.0 .483 0.6 1.8 .350 8.0 16.1 .498 5.4 6.9 .777 2.6 9.4 12.0 5.4 1.4 2.3 3.2 4.5 23.4   111 104
                                                               
11 seasons   MEM NBA   769 762 25917 8.7 18.1 .484 0.6 1.8 .344 8.1 16.3 .499 5.4 7.0 .777 2.7 9.3 12.0 5.3 1.4 2.3 3.2 4.5 23.5   111 104
1 season   TOR NBA   26 19 648 6.4 13.8 .465 1.7 3.8 .442 4.7 10.0 .474 3.0 3.8 .769 1.8 10.9 12.7 7.5 1.8 1.7 2.7 5.2 17.5   116 104
2008-09 24 MEM NBA C 82 75 2521 7.4 14.0 .530 0.0 0.0 .000 7.4 13.9 .530 5.8 7.9 .733 4.2 8.5 12.8 3.0 1.3 1.9 3.5 5.6 20.6   112 108
2009-10 25 MEM NBA C 69 69 2469 7.9 13.5 .581 0.0 0.0 .000 7.9 13.5 .582 5.2 7.8 .670 4.3 9.0 13.3 3.4 1.4 2.3 2.8 5.3 20.9   121 108
2010-11 26 MEM NBA C 81 81 2586 7.4 14.0 .527 0.1 0.1 .429 7.3 13.8 .528 4.4 5.9 .748 3.1 8.4 11.5 4.0 1.5 2.7 2.9 5.4 19.2   113 103
2011-12 27 MEM NBA C 65 65 2370 8.0 16.5 .482 0.0 0.3 .083 7.9 16.2 .489 5.3 7.1 .748 2.7 10.2 12.9 4.6 1.4 2.7 2.7 4.5 21.2   111 99
2012-13 28 MEM NBA C 80 80 2796 8.3 16.9 .494 0.0 0.3 .071 8.3 16.6 .501 5.2 6.1 .848 3.6 8.5 12.1 6.2 1.6 2.7 3.0 5.0 21.9   115 98
2013-14 29 MEM NBA C 59 59 1970 9.1 19.3 .473 0.1 0.3 .182 9.1 19.0 .477 5.0 6.5 .768 2.3 9.2 11.5 5.8 1.6 2.1 3.0 4.1 23.3   108 102
2014-15 30 MEM NBA C 81 81 2687 10.3 20.8 .494 0.1 0.3 .176 10.2 20.5 .500 6.8 8.5 .795 2.2 10.0 12.2 6.0 1.4 2.5 3.4 4.0 27.4   111 100
2015-16 31 MEM NBA C 52 52 1791 9.4 20.3 .464 0.1 0.1 .667 9.4 20.2 .463 5.8 7.0 .829 1.7 8.7 10.4 5.6 1.4 2.0 3.4 4.1 24.7   105 106
2016-17 32 MEM NBA C 74 74 2531 10.9 23.8 .459 2.1 5.5 .388 8.8 18.3 .480 5.7 6.8 .837 1.2 8.3 9.5 6.9 1.4 2.0 3.4 3.5 29.7   111 106
2017-18 33 MEM NBA C 73 73 2408 9.1 21.7 .420 2.3 6.7 .341 6.8 15.0 .456 5.9 7.1 .834 1.6 10.8 12.4 6.4 1.1 2.1 4.1 3.9 26.4   104 108
2018-19 34 TOT NBA C 79 72 2436 7.9 17.6 .448 2.0 5.5 .363 5.9 12.1 .487 3.9 5.1 .759 1.6 11.1 12.7 7.1 1.7 1.7 3.1 4.4 21.6   108 105
2018-19 34 MEM NBA C 53 53 1788 8.4 19.0 .444 2.1 6.1 .344 6.3 12.8 .491 4.2 5.6 .756 1.6 11.1 12.6 6.9 1.7 1.8 3.3 4.1 23.2   106 106
2018-19 34 TOR NBA C 26 19 648 6.4 13.8 .465 1.7 3.8 .442 4.7 10.0 .474 3.0 3.8 .769 1.8 10.9 12.7 7.5 1.8 1.7 2.7 5.2 17.5   116 104

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't quote you cause the stats didn't format correctly but if JV is in the starting unit then he is running pick and rolls with Ja not Jaren. Cause JV sets way better picks but we need Jaren and Ja to develop that chemistry together for pick and rolls pick and pops all that good stuff. 

So if Jaren and Ja are the focal's what's JV's role? Garbage man occasional iso post ups? I don't see how he and Jaren can play together without getting into each other's way especially if JV isnt the one in the pick and rolls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now