BHZMAFIA

RealGM: Tobias Harris Expected to Receive Interest from Grizz & 4 others

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

This is all a moot point as we are clearly at the bottom of his list if we even make his list(same for any other FA of note). We may not even have any money to spend anyway. Why would any FA want to come here after the debacles that we've been going through? Players see it and agents see it as well. If Harris signs with us it's because we somehow offered him max (or near max) money or he's a complete idiot.

We need to be realistic about FAs. Our "best" FA to date as far as helping us win was TA and to my recollection the only times we've been able to lure FA with more than the MLE were Brian Cardinal and Chandler Parsons.Tyreke is a bum who pads his stats and was this close to being out of the league. It's not like we have a great track record in the draft either. We need to be realistic about moving forward. Trading for established players may be our best option.

Yeah our image has to be cleaned up first. Either find a young star everyone wants to play with or develop a quality team. That seems to make everyone forget who you are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Of course it is or else the decline would be getting worse.

If you are spending $50 more a month than you earn and you slow that to $40 a month more than you earn you are declining your net worth at a slower rate. You are not improving your net worth. 

Now if you changed that to where saving $1 a month of what you earned and not spending more than you earned you would be improving your net worth. That would be an improvement in the net worth. 

In the Grizzlies situation, if they would start giving the fans the belief that things were turning around with young players who will improve and not simply maintaining the status quo with injured veterans who have already reached their peak performance that would be an improvement. For the last few seasons the Grizzlies have continually brought in veterans with little to know upside in their play to maintain the status quo of hopefully reaching the playoffs. If the team would start investing more assets into bringing in young talent that people believe will turn things around an improve the outlook longer term that would get fans excited. No one is excited about the prospect of continuing the way things were going.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

This is all a moot point as we are clearly at the bottom of his list if we even make his list(same for any other FA of note). We may not even have any money to spend anyway. Why would any FA want to come here after the debacles that we've been going through? Players see it and agents see it as well. If Harris signs with us it's because we somehow offered him max (or near max) money or he's a complete idiot.

We need to be realistic about FAs. Our "best" FA to date as far as helping us win was TA and to my recollection the only times we've been able to lure FA with more than the MLE were Brian Cardinal and Chandler Parsons.Tyreke is a bum who pads his stats and was this close to being out of the league. It's not like we have a great track record in the draft either. We need to be realistic about moving forward. Trading for established players may be our best option.

I wish I could disagree about most of what you say but it is hard to deny. The one positive is that the draft situation has been changing since Chris Makris and Tayshaun Prince got involved. Their getting more power to control players on the team become a positive as the Grizzlies move forward. In the two drafts Makris has been in charge of the Grizzlies picked up Dillon Brooks, Ivan Rabb, Jevon Carter and Jaren Jackson. Considering three of those picks were in the 2nd round and all four have shown promise in becoming rotation players I have high hopes moving forward with the Grizzlies draft picks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dwash said:

Yeah our image has to be cleaned up first. Either find a young star everyone wants to play with or develop a quality team. That seems to make everyone forget who you are.

Theoretically that was what Parsons was supposed to bring.   He is mostly well liked among the players and good at recruiting.   If he didn't flame out i couldve seen him coaxing an extra B level player to sign with us. 

Unless a guy openly expresses interest in us.  I think smartest move is to target young up and coming RFA's.    Those players are usually just happy somebody is willing to poach them from their team (and drive their price up).     Grizz need to set themselves up to be ready to strike when GSW finally fully implodes and Lebron fully ages out.   Harden, KAT, Dame, Jokic, Westbrook aren't any where near the same level of obstacles to overcome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Trading for established players may be our best option.

This. Z-Bo style

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, misae said:

This. Z-Bo style

In that case I would go for Jimmy Buckets over Harris as our target

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

In that case I would go for Jimmy Buckets over Harris as our target

For sure. Jimmy > Harris all day. But aren't both free agents? I think Butler will be more coveted than Harris and we won't have a shot. 

Harris is the definition of that mid-teir player that we would have to overpay to get (similar to how Parsons was when we signed him). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zappastache said:

For sure. Jimmy > Harris all day. But aren't both free agents? I think Butler will be more coveted than Harris and we won't have a shot. 

Harris is the definition of that mid-teir player that we would have to overpay to get (similar to how Parsons was when we signed him). 

You made the point here, we are on the verge of making the same mess. Jimmy is the type of player that can change the franchise for good or bad, Harris cant make the good part of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zappastache said:

For sure. Jimmy > Harris all day. But aren't both free agents? I think Butler will be more coveted than Harris and we won't have a shot. 

Harris is the definition of that mid-teir player that we would have to overpay to get (similar to how Parsons was when we signed him). 

I don't want us to pay the max for Harris either, but he's miles above what Chandler was when he signed him. Not to open up old wounds, but we paid the max for a guy coming off of knee surgery that played 61 games the prior season and averaged 13.7 points, 4.7 rebounds and 2.8 assists...

I can't think of a single thing that Parsons in his prime did better than Harris does right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

I don't want us to pay the max for Harris either, but he's miles above what Chandler was when he signed him. Not to open up old wounds, but we paid the max for a guy coming off of knee surgery that played 61 games the prior season and averaged 13.7 points, 4.7 rebounds and 2.8 assists...

I can't think of a single thing that Parsons in his prime did better than Harris does right now.

pulled more a$$ probably

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

pulled more a$$ probably

Hahahahahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2019 at 8:35 AM, chipc3 said:

If you are spending $50 more a month than you earn and you slow that to $40 a month more than you earn you are declining your net worth at a slower rate. You are not improving your net worth. 

Now if you changed that to where saving $1 a month of what you earned and not spending more than you earned you would be improving your net worth. That would be an improvement in the net worth. 

In the Grizzlies situation, if they would start giving the fans the belief that things were turning around with young players who will improve and not simply maintaining the status quo with injured veterans who have already reached their peak performance that would be an improvement. For the last few seasons the Grizzlies have continually brought in veterans with little to know upside in their play to maintain the status quo of hopefully reaching the playoffs. If the team would start investing more assets into bringing in young talent that people believe will turn things around an improve the outlook longer term that would get fans excited. No one is excited about the prospect of continuing the way things were going.   

If they invested more in young players and the team lost more games, people would be clamoring for the GMs head. If they were able to keep making the POs most fans would be satisfied. Apparently someone wasn't satisfied with making the POs so they broke up the team and the rest is history. I care very little about watching other teams play now that the Grizz are out of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, memphis slim said:

hey, if we land him and face the raptors in po’s, we know we’ll have marc gasol on lockdown. 

 

slim. 

That's why we have Julian Washburn.  Or, Jevon Carter. Either one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 7:14 PM, Allen said:

I’m just being realistic. You think JV, 32 year old Mike,  and Kyle Anderson is a solid foundation. We’re not gonna agree on stuff like this 

Kyle Anderson being a clear cut starter let alone a foundation player is laughable at best. 

JV is a fine roleplayer, but not a building block player.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2019 at 10:50 AM, ACGrizz said:

I don't want us to pay the max for Harris either, but he's miles above what Chandler was when he signed him. Not to open up old wounds, but we paid the max for a guy coming off of knee surgery that played 61 games the prior season and averaged 13.7 points, 4.7 rebounds and 2.8 assists...

I can't think of a single thing that Parsons in his prime did better than Harris does right now.

Exactly.

Harris is putting up 18-20ppg on playoffs teams and is a good rebounder. Things Chandler has never done regardless of what team he's on.

Chandler Parsons is white Jeff Green. A roleplayer does zero dirty work. A roleplayer that the Grizzlies were hoping would be a star despite never being a star or putting up star numbers at any point his career.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2019 at 10:20 AM, Once_a_hater said:

You made the point here, we are on the verge of making the same mess. Jimmy is the type of player that can change the franchise for good or bad, Harris cant make the good part of it.

Jimmy is also the type of player who will call an org on bull s.  If you make a run at Butler you better have a plan and stick with it instead of floundering in limbo or he is going to make sure you know about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gradey said:

Jimmy is also the type of player who will call an org on bull s.  If you make a run at Butler you better have a plan and stick with it instead of floundering in limbo or he is going to make sure you know about it.

LOL, what does that mean? Jimmy don't run ****. Most if not all organizations have shenanigans and politics going on. Thats life. He's getting paid millions of dollars to play a game, learn to deal with it or lose money. Only a small amount of teams can offer him max money. He should be smart enough to sign with a team with a plan, not just chase money and then start complaining after signing a contract.

What exactly has he won to warrant teams bowing down to him? Two teams have gotten rid of him in the past 2 years. not  to mention his scoring stats have been in decline since 2016-17. He'll be 30 next season so this could be his last big contract. Could be more of a headache than it's worth for most teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KGF said:

Exactly.

Harris is putting up 18-20ppg on playoffs teams and is a good rebounder. Things Chandler has never done regardless of what team he's on.

Chandler Parsons is white Jeff Green. A roleplayer does zero dirty work. A roleplayer that the Grizzlies were hoping would be a star despite never being a star or putting up star numbers at any point his career.

 

Jeff Green was better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KGF said:

Exactly.

Harris is putting up 18-20ppg on playoffs teams and is a good rebounder. Things Chandler has never done regardless of what team he's on.

 

That's funny. Because before he was injured that's exactly what Parsons was doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

LOL, what does that mean? Jimmy don't run ****. Most if not all organizations have shenanigans and politics going on. Thats life. He's getting paid millions of dollars to play a game, learn to deal with it or lose money. Only a small amount of teams can offer him max money. He should be smart enough to sign with a team with a plan, not just chase money and then start complaining after signing a contract.

What exactly has he won to warrant teams bowing down to him? Two teams have gotten rid of him in the past 2 years. not  to mention his scoring stats have been in decline since 2016-17. He'll be 30 next season so this could be his last big contract. Could be more of a headache than it's worth for most teams. 

 

well ... it was reported that he called out the entire team coaching staff karen from accounting and the dude selling bootleg t-shirts out front when he played for the twolves...and after he finished he invited each one of them to square up.

reportedly, no one wanted any.

he then demanded and received a trade.

his request was eloquently delivered in two words - trade me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

 

well ... it was reported that he called out the entire team coaching staff karen from accounting and the dude selling bootleg t-shirts out front when he played for the twolves...and after he finished he invited each one of them to square up.

reportedly, no one wanted any.

he then demanded and received a trade.

his request was eloquently delivered in two words - trade me.

 

They have video of it too.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope not tobias harris will be a rudy gay number 2 good player but not great a small market team will over pay for his his sevices 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cdp said:

That's funny. Because before he was injured that's exactly what Parsons was doing.

The most Chandler ever averaged was 16.6 and 5.5 rebounds (though he did have 4.0 assists as well that one season). 20 and 8 for Harris is just objectively better than that. He's better than Parsons ever was, not by an astronomical amount, but still better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now