Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Game of Thrones Show Discussion

I don't know how many people are watching Game of Thrones religiously but I have and I have a few questions about Season 8's premier Sunday night. 

1) Why did Bran decide to force Sam Tarley to tell Jon Snow/Aegon Targaryan II about his true birth right then? Couldn't it have waited? 

2) What do the White Walker symbols mean? I know it some ancient societies the spiral shape was made to reflect the unity of the universe. The circle with a line through is meant to represent the breaking of the life cycle in some societies as well. 

Does anyone have any other questions or thoughts on my questions?  

Tywin is a Targaryen in my opinion. He can touch the dragons without getting attacked.

Coincidentally, if true, all three surviving  Targaryen's (Jon Snow/Aegon Targaryen, Daenerys Targaryen and Tywin Lannister) mothers died giving birth to them and all three were together on the wall at Wintersfell when the Knight King arrived with his army. 

the Knight King is most likely a Stark too. 

51 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Only watched a few episodes here and there. Need to binge watch for a few weekends. 

It may take more than a few weekends but the show is incredible. 

On 4/17/2019 at 10:57 AM, chipc3 said:

I don't know how many people are watching Game of Thrones religiously but I have and I have a few questions about Season 8's premier Sunday night. 

1) Why did Bran decide to force Sam Tarley to tell Jon Snow/Aegon Targaryan II about his true birth right then? Couldn't it have waited? 

2) What do the White Walker symbols mean? I know it some ancient societies the spiral shape was made to reflect the unity of the universe. The circle with a line through is meant to represent the breaking of the life cycle in some societies as well. 

Does anyone have any other questions or thoughts on my questions?  

I’ve read a few things regarding the White Walker back story with the children of the woods or whatever, along with Bran’s relationship to the whole thing and I have to admit that I’m still not there yet in my understanding. By understanding, I’m referring to this story and it’s relation to the overall story and how they fit together. The very first scene of the entire series begins with the WW’s and the the threat has been an ongoing theme. At the time of this post (2 shows left), things seem to be wrapped up, or appear to be regarding this story arc.

Is that portion of the story completed now? Was Bran’s story relevant? Will the last episodes bring this full circle in some way?

i don’t get too involved in trying to analyze shows and just enjoy the ride. A similar approach I use with the Grizz. Nevertheless, just chiming in with my thoughts.

On 5/12/2019 at 11:04 AM, El Guapo said:

I’ve read a few things regarding the White Walker back story with the children of the woods or whatever, along with Bran’s relationship to the whole thing and I have to admit that I’m still not there yet in my understanding. By understanding, I’m referring to this story and it’s relation to the overall story and how they fit together. The very first scene of the entire series begins with the WW’s and the the threat has been an ongoing theme. At the time of this post (2 shows left), things seem to be wrapped up, or appear to be regarding this story arc.

Is that portion of the story completed now? Was Bran’s story relevant? Will the last episodes bring this full circle in some way?

i don’t get too involved in trying to analyze shows and just enjoy the ride. A similar approach I use with the Grizz. Nevertheless, just chiming in with my thoughts.

The White Walkers story was wrapped up. Bran's story clearly wasn't wrapped up but the ending was so bad I doubt anyone really cared. 

It's amazing how the last two seasons just fell apart. It seems as if the producers wanted to get it over with as fast as possible. Really the story started to decline once they passed the author's books. They may have been guided somewhat but the details and minutia which made the series so outstanding were lacking. 

I’m the opposite sort of...I thought the show gained steam once they passed the literature. Season 8 wasn’t awful, but wasn’t great either. It felt rushed like you said. For a show that moved at a snail’s pace, it’s like they wanted to go home all of a sudden. The season could’ve easily gone extra episodes to develop the story better. Nevertheless, fun ride. Most shows have difficulty figuring how to end. It’s rare when a show does have an ending that’s truly satisfying.