TimBC

Bleacher Report likes JJJ

Interesting. Some of their picks are a bit surprising. 

Good on JJJ for moving up to 2 overall in the "re-draft". Can't wait to see him play again next season, alongside a healthy roster.

I hope the grizzlies  can be place for a SUPERSTAR  player who wants to be here. grizzlies management PLEASE build something GREAT here I don,t want to see a another player asking for a trade down road 

I like JJJ too. Just dropped 28 with him in 2K this morning. I wish his jumpers were better

Zac Lowe has Jaren @ #3 in R.O.Y. race

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26481556/zach-lowe-2018-19-nba-awards-ballot-winners-tight-races

Rookie of the Year

1. Luka Doncic
2. Trae Young
3. Jaren Jackson Jr.

The third spot is an eye-of-the-beholder thing. Deandre Ayton has the best box-score numbers, and has appeared in 13 more games than Jackson. He made real strides on defense after looking in his first 15 games as if he had never seen a pick-and-roll. He has a case. So do Marvin Bagley III and perhaps Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. The Cavs will stump for Collin Sexton; his shooting, shoulder-checking drives and "give me the freaking ball" tenacity made for a pleasant surprise over the last 30-plus games.

But those first 40 ... oof. His defense at the point of attack has been about as damaging as Young's.

Jackson has been the best all-around player in this group, and 58 games is enough to nab this historical footnote. He's miles ahead of Bagley and Ayton on defense, and his 3-point shooting -- 36 percent from deep, with a polished pump-and-go game -- makes him the most versatile among them on offense.

Critics might point out that the Grizzlies were abysmal when Jackson played without Mike Conley, but the same holds for Ayton and Devin Booker. Jackson gets the nod here.

7 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

I like JJJ too. Just dropped 28 with him in 2K this morning. I wish his jumpers were better

in time jjj will be a Anthony davis type of player , watch what happen once is body is filled out , MOSTER 

JJJ needs a rebound monster by his side. Weak defensive boards because he's out of position so much going for rim protection. 

3 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

JJJ needs a rebound monster by his side. Weak defensive boards because he's out of position so much going for rim protection. 

The Grizzlies already have a rebound monster, namely JV. He would be a perfect compliment to Jaren. 

4 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

That is an easier fix than watching him get pushed out of position all the time. His lower body is extremely weak. Weight lifting will help a lot, but that is not something that changes overnight (unless you use certain supplements).

maybe JJJ call Dwight howard and LeBron for some "supplements" 

fyi im not implying those guys did roids

ok I lied i am  implying that

Right now Jaren would be the 3rd pick for me in a redraft, Luka and Trae in the new Nba are better players, but if Jaren realize his full potential and bulk up a bit, I see him as the best of the class, because is like my case for Kawhi and Durant over Lebron and even Curry, Jaren can become a elite defender.

3 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

Right now Jaren would be the 3rd pick for me in a redraft, Luka and Trae in the new Nba are better players, but if Jaren realize his full potential and bulk up a bit, I see him as the best of the class, because is like my case for Kawhi and Durant over Lebron and even Curry, Jaren can become a elite defender.

Lebron could play elite defense too, better than KD.  Six times All Defensive team, five times first team.

I am hoping that Jaren will be better than the others when it's all over.  He does play both ends of the court.

I love JJJ I think he is going to be a 2 way star but as a big I don't see him carrying a team by himself he needs to be pair up with a scoring guard in the future someone like Harden /Mitchell /Mccullon type 

Moran would be perfect but won't be available...if not take a risk with white or Gardland.

7 hours ago, costarica2 said:

I love JJJ I think he is going to be a 2 way star but as a big I don't see him carrying a team by himself he needs to be pair up with a scoring guard in the future someone like Harden /Mitchell /Mccullon type 

Moran would be perfect but won't be available...if not take a risk with white or Gardland.

Im feeling this is the year we strike gold in the lottery

19 minutes ago, CoolHandGriz said:

Yasss. Keep spreading the good vibes.

A frontline of JJJ, JV, and Zion would be....interesting? Scary?