Ole Dirty Klondike

Where Should Conley Be Traded?

On 4/15/2019 at 12:25 PM, Dwash said:

But thats my point. Trade value is a 3 part exercise. Production, contract and age. You cant only look at one part and ignore that he doesnt grade well in the other two.

You missed a whole lot of parts in your trade value scenario.

Like demand. How many teams will be after him greatly increases his trade value.

Like rarity. How rare is Mike Conley for a team to be able to get.

Most of the time this board emphasizes contract and age. They don't care that a player like Mike Conley is rare regardless of how old he is. Or the fact that other teams are going to be trying to get Mike Conley.

But contract and age is the be-all-and-end-all with you guys so.

4 hours ago, Allen said:

We’re not going to get a big haul for Mike

the team most likely for mike  is Utah jazz , they need a scorer in a bad way ,look for some thing to happen this summer with the jazzs

3 hours ago, Allen said:

We’re not going to get a big haul for Mike

I trully dont know, but we got JV + Delon for Marc

2 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

Conley to Indy.

I thing its the best place for him, dont know what they could give us. If they accept trade exception + two 1sts (unprotected 2019 + protected 2021) I would do it. 

Utah and Indy are the only teams that would give us anything for him. They just really don't have anything I would want for this team. 

12 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Utah and Indy are the only teams that would give us anything for him. They just really don't have anything I would want for this team. 

I'd rather deal with Indy for sure over Utah.    Send Mike to the East (not make a West competitor stronger) and their pick is higher (18 v 23) and i like Aaron Holiday way more than anything Jazz can offer.    

I think we should be targeting some combination of  pick, young prospect, and cap relief.    

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I'd rather deal with Indy for sure over Utah.    Send Mike to the East (not make a West competitor stronger) and their pick is higher (18 v 23) and i like Aaron Holiday way more than anything Jazz can offer.    

I think we should be targeting some combination of  pick, young prospect, and cap relief.    

Please don't trade Mike Conley for a 2019 draft pick that isn't in the top 2 spots. 

13 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Please don't trade Mike Conley for a 2019 draft pick that isn't in the top 2 spots. 

I don't know about that high but you need a good haul for him. He's very good. His contract now only has 2 years on it, so next year it becomes this huge expiring deal which has double value. Sort of depends what happens with our pick now.

16 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

I trully dont know, but we got JV + Delon for Marc

I thing its the best place for him, dont know what they could give us. If they accept trade exception + two 1sts (unprotected 2019 + protected 2021) I would do it. 

Indy's 2019 pick is 18.

The last #18 picks going back to when MC was drafted.

Lonnie Walker (SAS)

TJ Leaf (IND)

Henry Ellenson (NYK)

Sam Dekker (WAS)

Ty Ennis (OUT of League)

Shane Larkin (Out)

Terrence Jones (Out)

Chris Singleton (Out)

Eric Bledsoe 

Ty Lawson (Out)

JaVale McGee (LAL)

Marco Bellinelli (SAS)

The most recent 4 average a small handful a minutes per game. The next 4 are out of the league.  And 3 of next 4 has a solid starter (Bledsoe), 2 low contract vets, and a guy out of the league.

I'm not sure I would trade MC for my choice of any or all of those guys. I would rather roll with MC than late first round draft picks.  

7 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Indy's 2019 pick is 18.

The last #18 picks going back to when MC was drafted.

Lonnie Walker (SAS)

TJ Leaf (IND)

Henry Ellenson (NYK)

Sam Dekker (WAS)

Ty Ennis (OUT of League)

Shane Larkin (Out)

Terrence Jones (Out)

Chris Singleton (Out)

Eric Bledsoe 

Ty Lawson (Out)

JaVale McGee (LAL)

Marco Bellinelli (SAS)

The most recent 4 average a small handful a minutes per game. The next 4 are out of the league.  And 3 of next 4 has a solid starter (Bledsoe), 2 low contract vets, and a guy out of the league.

I'm not sure I would trade MC for my choice of any or all of those guys. I would rather roll with MC than late first round draft picks.  

I know the picks dont look that good in retrospect but you also always have to consider when evaluating late picks that they are usually going to playoff teams and quite frankly most playoff teams spend little or no time developing their late first round picks. Either they can jump in and help or they just let them rot out.

We have to think more like some of the guys the Hawks or Nets have grabbed in late rounds. Lavert, RHJ, Collins, Huerter. They developed a system from scratch and was able to mold them right in there.

That mainly why I want the Grizz picks to be good picks so they can be the core. I want top end Allstar calber talent with those picks and Im not seeing it at #8.  I dont want our pick used on a good system player that you can get later in the draft. I feel that with a good system in place you can get support players from the middle of the first round, even the second round. And eventually free agency.