Ole Dirty Klondike

Where Should Conley Be Traded?

11 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Mike Wallace from GrindCity said he knows that Lakers plan B if they strike out in Free Agency is Mike Conley and Kevin Love.     They don't want the #4 pick.    

I can really see Knicks getting AD now which would at least make them attractive to Kyrie and KD.    Gotta hope Lakers draft DeAndre Hunter so we can end up with him.    Lebron + Conley + Love would be an interesting Core. 

Won't win him anymore championships but I just hate we have to wait till after the draft to do the Conley deal. I wonder if the team will try and get a second round pick? I like drafts and scouting players so it's going to be anticlimactic if the Grizz only take Ja and that's it.

5 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

Why not?

Yea I think that high for Conley when his contract is so big and he wasn't your first option.

1 hour ago, lsugrizzfan said:

wow- I don't know how else to react.

****, so you would have taken Ja first last year? Man, you guys are buying into the hype. I just don't see it. I see a plus athlete that looks more explosive due to the conference he played in. He certainly didn't look amazing against FSU. He had a good game but 8-21 from the field isn't blowing me away, as well as only 4 assists. I hope I'm wrong.

Seeing as how you struggle with basic comprehension, excuse me if I’m not offended by your response to my post. 

14 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Mike Wallace from GrindCity said he knows that Lakers plan B if they strike out in Free Agency is Mike Conley and Kevin Love.     They don't want the #4 pick.    

I can really see Knicks getting AD now which would at least make them attractive to Kyrie and KD.    Gotta hope Lakers draft DeAndre Hunter so we can end up with him.    Lebron + Conley + Love would be an interesting Core. 

Injured Kevin Love (who hasn't played more than 60 games since 2015-2016 and will be 31 by the start of the season), Conley (who will turn 32 soon after the season starts) and LeBron who is turning 35 this season...yuck. Lakers front office is a mess if they're seriously considering that.

32 minutes ago, BAMAFREAK said:

Seeing as how you struggle with basic comprehension, excuse me if I’m not offended by your response to my post. 

Not sure where you thought I didn't comprehend you, I just disagree with you, but ok

49 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

Why not?

Conley is 32 year old point guard who is at best your secondary option making 32 million. No way a team trades a top 5 pick for him. 

51 minutes ago, QMemphis said:

Conley is 32 year old point guard who is at best your secondary option making 32 million. No way a team trades a top 5 pick for him. 

Mike is 31. Why to people want to keep adding phantom years to his age. 

49 minutes ago, QMemphis said:

1 hour ago, ACGrizz said:

Injured Kevin Love (who hasn't played more than 60 games since 2015-2016 and will be 31 by the start of the season), Conley (who will turn 32 soon after the season starts) and LeBron who is turning 35 this season...yuck. Lakers front office is a mess if they're seriously considering that.

Serious Question.    Have ya'll paid attention to the Lakers in the last 4 years?    Lebron just offered his entire roster of young guys for AD this past trade deadline.   And all of those dudes have higher ceilings than whoever we get at 4.   

LAL is a clownshow  they would absolutely do it.   Cam Reddish and Darius Garland are with Clutch Sports.   I can see Lebron doing them a solid by drafting them at 4 (for the payday) then trading them for Conley or Love.    

Never forget Lebron is an awesome all-time great player but he is a horrible GM.    Besides who else are they gonna get if they strike out on AD?    Lebron isn't gonna play two seasons in a row with zero veteran supporting cast.   Lonzo can't shoot and Ingrams' trade value has taken a massive plunge.   All they have to really offer is Kuzma and 4th pick. 

2 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Mike is 31. Why to people want to keep adding phantom years to his age. 

Lol my apologies he will be 32 when the season starts. 

Better? 

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Serious Question.    Have ya'll paid attention to the Lakers in the last 4 years?    Lebron just offered his entire roster of young guys for AD this past trade deadline.   And all of those dudes have higher ceilings than whoever we get at 4.   

LAL is a clownshow  they would absolutely do it.   Cam Reddish and Darius Garland are with Clutch Sports.   I can see Lebron doing them a solid by drafting them at 4 (for the payday) then trading them for Conley or Love.    

Never forget Lebron is an awesome all-time great player but he is a horrible GM.    Besides who else are they gonna get if they strike out on AD?    Lebron isn't gonna play two seasons in a row with zero veteran supporting cast.   Lonzo can't shoot and Ingrams' trade value has taken a massive plunge.   All they have to really offer is Kuzma and 4th pick. 

I believe the lakers will surely trade the pick along with some of their young players just not for Mike Conley. 

I wonder if Raps would consider something like Conley for Lowry + OG in the offseason. Lowry is ageing and, despite still being a very good player, I think they would be better with Conley we witnessed post-ASG. In exchange we would get our future SF (3+D type sounds great, considering our offense is likely to be going through JA+JJJ, maybe JV), a year of Lowry mentoring Ja, then he comes off the books and we have money to sign someone to add to our promising young roster. The only risk would be Lowry being disgruntled with the trade, which is likely.

19 minutes ago, evilution said:

I wonder if Raps would consider something like Conley for Lowry + OG in the offseason. Lowry is ageing and, despite still being a very good player, I think they would be better with Conley we witnessed post-ASG. In exchange we would get our future SF (3+D type sounds great, considering our offense is likely to be going through JA+JJJ, maybe JV), a year of Lowry mentoring Ja, then he comes off the books and we have money to sign someone to add to our promising young roster. The only risk would be Lowry being disgruntled with the trade, which is likely.

Even if we did do that, I can't imagine us actually hanging onto Lowry. Probably a 3rd team has to be involved, most likely the Jazz or Pacers. I don't see it happening because of that reason. I do want OG

With what JV said about staying if we keep Conley, I'm even more inclined to keep him. We just need a SF either through trade or free agency and we are set. I think we could make the playoffs with Conley, Ja, Delon, Avery, JV, JJJ, Bruno, and Kyle. We can hopefully bring back Noah as well. 

12 hours ago, lsugrizzfan said:

wow- I don't know how else to react.

****, so you would have taken Ja first last year? Man, you guys are buying into the hype. I just don't see it. I see a plus athlete that looks more explosive due to the conference he played in. He certainly didn't look amazing against FSU. He had a good game but 8-21 from the field isn't blowing me away, as well as only 4 assists. I hope I'm wrong.

And you would ignore the 17 (5 /9), 16 and 11 triple double game against 5 seed Marquette? Or the 25 (7/14), 7 and 8 game against a final 4 team in Auburn on the road? Or the 38, 5 and 9 game against Alabama on the road? He also played almost the entire game against these teams: 39, 39 and 40 respectively out of a possible 40 mins.

Right now I want to keep Conley, resign JV and see if Conley-Ja-?-JJJ-JV can compete for a playoff spot. If not, trade Conley mid-season to a contending team, and hope that the remaining unit can convey the pick this year. Worst case scenario would be half year of Conley mentoring Ja and us getting another top6 pick to build upon, which, tbh, does not sound too bad.

11 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

Won't win him anymore championships but I just hate we have to wait till after the draft to do the Conley deal. I wonder if the team will try and get a second round pick? I like drafts and scouting players so it's going to be anticlimactic if the Grizz only take Ja and that's it.

yeah let's get him gone as soon as possible.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I have to release these thoughts.

The focus of trading Mike should be to replace him with someone that will be a starter for the next decade. We're not getting a top 5 pick for him. We're not getting anyone on their rookie deal that could be a max player. Mike is too old to warrant that. We have to find a realistic option that fits the vision for our team.  

I think the best (realistic) scenario would be to trade Mike to Phoenix for Mikal Bridges and expiring cap fillers (Tyler Johnson). A Ja/JJJ/Bridges core would be a fantastic base to rebuild around. Then we sign a few respected veterans to help mentor. Then things start to mesh and we make a playoff push. Then tier 2 Free Agents want to come to Memphis to play with Ja.

Bridges proved a few things last season: 1) He can be one of the best defenders in the league very soon (see video below) and 2) he's probably never going to average 20 PPG. He'll be a better version of Otto Porter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hFNHp_hNe8

9 minutes ago, BTiger3733 said:

The focus of trading Mike should be to replace him with someone that will be a starter for the next decade. We're not getting a top 5 pick for him. We're not getting anyone on their rookie deal that could be a max player. Mike is too old to warrant that. We have to find a realistic option that fits the vision for our team.  

I think the best (realistic) scenario would be to trade Mike to Phoenix for Mikal Bridges and expiring cap fillers (Tyler Johnson). A Ja/JJJ/Bridges core would be a fantastic base to rebuild around. Then we sign a few respected veterans to help mentor. Then things start to mesh and we make a playoff push. Then tier 2 Free Agents want to come to Memphis to play with Ja.

Bridges proved a few things last season: 1) He can be one of the best defenders in the league very soon (see video below) and 2) he's probably never going to average 20 PPG. He'll be a better version of Otto Porter.

That's a pretty intriguing trade idea.  Wasn't Bridges a good three point shooter and about to start his second year?

8 minutes ago, CarloJ63 said:

That's a pretty intriguing trade idea.  Wasn't Bridges a good three point shooter and about to start his second year?

He was the 10th pick last season. He was a very good 3pt shooter in college (43.5% @ 17ppg) but not great last year (33.5%). He was on a terrible team though and most rookies struggle with the NBA distance in year 1. He has a good stroke.

21 minutes ago, BTiger3733 said:

i'd want some picks too , maybe offer Dillon since i guess they wanted him last year and offered oubre (or whatever that mess of a trade was about ) .

Tyler Johnson is a pretty respected guy on/off the court i think  , he's not great but he's hard nose player that fits  with our other young vets imo . he's filler in a MC deal but i think he's a guy we should keep around like JV etc if  he can be kept on a solid contract.

Why do people think we can make the playoffs ???Have you guys seen the West ?????

Is not our time just yet  just Trade Conley for future assets.

2 hours ago, grizz1016 said:

And you would ignore the 17 (5 /9), 16 and 11 triple double game against 5 seed Marquette? Or the 25 (7/14), 7 and 8 game against a final 4 team in Auburn on the road? Or the 38, 5 and 9 game against Alabama on the road? He also played almost the entire game against these teams: 39, 39 and 40 respectively out of a possible 40 mins.

Ignore? No. I just didn't watch those games. I watched the FSU game. Wasn't blown away. Time will tell how good he is. I hope I am wrong since the team has come out and let it be known he is their pick.