Ole Dirty Klondike

Mike Alex Conley Jr. Will Be Traded to Utah

5 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Yeah that's not going to happen under any circumstance.

Like i said, if they balk, keep it moving. 

Conley won't get us anything special so you may as well ask. The worst they can do is say no. 

Porter Jr., Plumlee, Barton, 2020 1st

for:

Conley, Dillon Brooks, Rabb

- Memphis gets two good players on reasonable contracts, a 1st in a year where we wouldn't otherwise have one, and a potential-laden prospect in Porter Jr.

- Denver gets a 4th all-star level player with Millsap, Jokic, and Murray, Brooks and Rabb provide cheap depth, they keep they're 2019 1st to further help round out the roster as they make a run for a championship.

Grizzlies:

Wright, Carter

Barton, Bradley

Anderson, Porter Jr., Parsons, Watanabe

Jackson Jr., Porter Jr.

Valunciunas, Plumlee

Nuggets:

Conley, Morris

Murray, Harris, Beasley

Craig, Brooks

Millsap, Hernangomez, Lydon

Jokic, Rabb

1 hour ago, tennesseessio said:

for:

- Memphis gets two good players on reasonable contracts, a 1st in a year where we wouldn't otherwise have one, and a potential-laden prospect in Porter Jr.

- Denver gets a 4th all-star level player with Millsap, Jokic, and Murray, Brooks and Rabb provide cheap depth, they keep they're 2019 1st to further help round out the roster as they make a run for a championship.

Grizzlies:

Wright, Carter

Barton, Bradley

Jackson Jr., Porter Jr.

Valunciunas, Plumlee

Nuggets:

Conley, Morris

Murray, Harris, Beasley

Craig, Brooks

Jokic, Rabb

Did you cut Caboclo or just an oversight?

With the contracts required to take on Conley we will be getting back numerous garbage players.

5 hours ago, tennesseessio said:

for:

Grizzlies:

Wright, Carter

Barton, Bradley

Jackson Jr., Porter Jr.

Valunciunas, Plumlee

Nuggets:

Conley, Morris

Murray, Harris, Beasley

Craig, Brooks

Jokic, Rabb

I wish we could do that

2 hours ago, Memphis Maverick said:

I think he’s going to LA. And I think you may like who we are potentially getting back. 

I would take Ball and #11, especially if we convey. I dont see Ingram or Kuzma, thats **** near the package they offered for AD originally.

1 minute ago, Dwash said:

I would take Ball and #11, especially if we convey. I dont see Ingram or Kuzma, thats **** near the package they offered for AD originally.

I don’t want Ball. His shot is broken, he can’t seem to stay healthy and his dad is a distraction to the team. 

5 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I don’t want Ball. His shot is broken, he can’t seem to stay healthy and his dad is a distraction to the team. 

His Dad has calmed down from what I can tell. His shot was better last year.  The funny looking form does not make a shot broken.

2 minutes ago, Dwash said:

His Dad has calmed down from what I can tell. His shot was better last year.  The funny looking form does not make a shot broken.

Ball shot 40% from the field last season. He shot 32.9% from the arc. He only played in 47 games last year and hasn't reached 100 games yet in two seasons combined. Also his dad would go crazy if his son was forced to play in Memphis in my opinion. 

But it's just my opinion. If the Grizzlies did trade Conley for him and the #11 pick I wouldn't sit around complaining. I would support him as long as he wears Memphis on his jersey. I just would prefer they didn't get him. 

I believe if Lonzo Ball can learn to shoot consistently, he will be a star.  The kid already looks like a good defender and seems pretty poised for a young PG.

I don't think the Lakers trade him because more than anyone, he reminds me of Jason Kidd.  And since Kidd will be the lead assistant there, he will probably mentor him.

Ball still has time to develop ...however most likely he won't  want to play in Memphis.

28 minutes ago, CarloJ63 said:

I believe if Lonzo Ball can learn to shoot consistently, he will be a star.  The kid already looks like a good defender and seems pretty poised for a young PG.

I don't think the Lakers trade him because more than anyone, he reminds me of Jason Kidd.  And since Kidd will be the lead assistant there, he will probably mentor him.

If you are correct and Ball is a future star, do you see any scenario where he re-signs with Memphis in two seasons when his rookie deal is up? 

And I believe you are 100% correct that the Lakers want Jason Kidd to teach Ball. 

32 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

If you are correct and Ball is a future star, do you see any scenario where he re-signs with Memphis in two seasons when his rookie deal is up? 

And I believe you are 100% correct that the Lakers want Jason Kidd to teach Ball. 

I think it's unlikely.  Which is why I worry about dealing with the Lakers.  As dysfunctional as they appear right now, they are the glamour franchise of the NBA.

5 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I concur with this.

5 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Ball shot 40% from the field last season. He shot 32.9% from the arc. He only played in 47 games last year and hasn't reached 100 games yet in two seasons combined. Also his dad would go crazy if his son was forced to play in Memphis in my opinion. 

But it's just my opinion. If the Grizzlies did trade Conley for him and the #11 pick I wouldn't sit around complaining. I would support him as long as he wears Memphis on his jersey. I just would prefer they didn't get him. 

So you're saying he has answered the bell fewer times than Dillon Brooks?

Sheesh, I just looked up their records.  Dillon is a marginally better scorer than Ball and shoots a higher percentage across the board.  Ball does rebound well for a point guard, but free throws, wow!  Anyone saying his shot is not broken better take a closer look at his FT%.  I'm sure if I ever suggested on these boards for us to acquire a PG who shoots 43% from the charity stripe I would be lambasted and ridiculed forever.  They say FT shooting is an indicator of overall shooting potential.  NO BALL!

I don't love the idea of Ball... I just don't think you can do much in today's NBA without both of your guards being able to hit the 3. We already have Kyle Anderson slated to start at the 3. 

If the roster shuffled a bit, maybe. Honestly Ball and a #11 overall pick is not a bad haul for Conley. Especially given the salary flexibility it immediately opens up. Does that trade even work salary wise though? Wouldn't we have to take on way more salary? I'm not sure what the worth of a pick is when it comes to making these trades legal. 

23 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

everyone: trade Simmons for LeBron

grizz forum: trade Simmons for Conley

Textbook example of the lower reading comprehension level of folks on this forum.

1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Textbook example of the lower reading comprehension level of folks on this forum.

yeah I’m still on a 5th grade level, but I’m getting better each day 

Just now, The Stro Show said:

Hang in there ... your much better then before!

🤣💨

8 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

I understood exactly what you were saying, and agreed with it - with a chuckle 😅

I am not sure I understand the Boston trade...

We trade them MC11 they give us our (presumably) #9 pick back and that's it? I would take the #9 and Jaylen Brown I guess. Not sure if that would even work though.

8 hours ago, Dwash said:

They're more desperate now,  may be able to squeeze out Ingram