Ole Dirty Klondike

Mike Alex Conley Jr. Will Be Traded to Utah

19 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Conley has been a back up plan for almost all the teams we've talked about maybe except Utah and Indiana. I thought with Kyrie opting out that he was gone from Boston which I still believe to be true. But if those teams are trying to play AD sweepstakes I'm not interested in waiting around for them to get to us with their scraps.

I would call Indy and see if they want to do the Sabonis deal and Call Utah and see how many picks are they willing to give up. 

As much as I want Conley traded I think it's disrespectful to him and the grizzlies as an organization to let teams make Mike some back up plan and wait till they get around to us.

You are just impatient because you want a resolution. Conley was always going to be traded during the draft or if no real reasonable offers surface than at the trade deadline. 

Any deal before those deadlines wouldn't be the best simply because Conley just isn't a hot commodity like some people think. His deal will come when the interested teams have struck out on other options. 

30 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

You are just impatient because you want a resolution. Conley was always going to be traded during the draft or if no real reasonable offers surface than at the trade deadline. 

Any deal before those deadlines wouldn't be the best simply because Conley just isn't a hot commodity like some people think. His deal will come when the interested teams have struck out on other options. 

I agree. Like I said, I calm myself down. Im even fine with the idea of going into the season with Conley, if that means we can get a better deal. They know what teams offer last deadline. Bam + pick or Sabonis + pick in my opinion are easy to get done and if so, we should do it. 

I am impatient I will agree but I don't see the Conley deals being drastically different than what they are now and if they are going to include current draft pics the draft is only a week away. Draft season always gets me amped up its my favorite part of the year. 

53 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

I am impatient I will agree but I don't see the Conley deals being drastically different than what they are now and if they are going to include current draft pics the draft is only a week away. Draft season always gets me amped up its my favorite part of the year. 

Yeah, I get it. Im just saying as much I like fantasy trades, we never have all the info. I hope we are making clear that other than Ja (#2) and Jaren everybody is available for the right price AND the right price for us is salary flexibility,  draft picks and young talent. A solid veteran could be good if he comes with one or 2 of the others.

7 hours ago, Grizball said:

There is a possibility that the Grizzlies might get involved with the NOP-LAL trade and get the 4th pick. Looks like NOP wants to retool instead of rebuild just like what the LAC did. Conley, Holiday and Zion plus Ingram and the assets they will get in return for Ball plus their cap space to sign FAs, they will have a pretty good roster next season. If we get the 4th pick and keep it, Culver could be the pick. We could also trade back for ATL’s #8 and #10 and get either Reddish or Hunter and a big like Washington or Hachimura or Doumbouya or Hayes. I don’t know if we will see Conley to NOP but we certainly don’t lack suitors for Mike.

I don't see any scenario where we could trade Conley for the 4th pick. We just don't have the assets to pull that off. Maybe if we added a future 1st and S&T Jonas but probably not even then.

If this is what NOP wanted to do I think they would find a team with a better player than Conley to add to the deal.

10 minutes ago, BTiger3733 said:

I don't see any scenario where we could trade Conley for the 4th pick. We just don't have the assets to pull that off. Maybe if we added a future 1st and S&T Jonas but probably not even then.

If this is what NOP wanted to do I think they would find a team with a better player than Conley to add to the deal.

I'm not sure what better player would be available? You'd think the Pelicans are going to be wanting a PG and a Stretch 5 to fit around Ingram, Zion and Holiday. What better PG than Conley is available for the 4 pick and not a lot else? I don't think it will happen but there's a logical case for it.

41 minutes ago, UkGrizz said:

I'm not sure what better player would be available? You'd think the Pelicans are going to be wanting a PG and a Stretch 5 to fit around Ingram, Zion and Holiday. What better PG than Conley is available for the 4 pick and not a lot else? I don't think it will happen but there's a logical case for it.

If Jonas opts in today what if the Grizzlies offered Mike and Jonas for 4 Josh Hart TJ Warren and the 32nd pick?

Then LA would get AD 

New Orleans would get Mike Ingram Jonas and 6

Memphis would get 4, 32 Hart and Warren

Phx would get Lonzo and Solomon Hill

I feel like Memphis might not be getting enough for Mike and JV but I can't see the Lakers giving us Kuzma or Phx giving us Bridges instead of Warren. So maybe we get a future unprotected 1st from LA as well.

3 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

If Jonas opts in today what if the Grizzlies offered Mike and Jonas for 4 Josh Hart TJ Warren and the 32nd pick?

Then LA would get AD 

I feel like Memphis might not be getting enough for Mike and JV but I can't see the Lakers giving us Kuzma or Phx giving us Bridges instead of Warren. So maybe we get a future unprotected 1st from LA as well.

Cant see a reason for New Orleans to want Memphis included that deal. Not bringing any young assets to the table.

1 hour ago, BTiger3733 said:

If the Pelicans are trying to build a winning team out of the AD trade then adding Conley and Jonas will make them a playoff team for sure 

2 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Cant see a reason for New Orleans to want Memphis included that deal. Not bringing any young assets to the table.

Are they looking for young assets or trying to build a winning team from the trade I haven't paid attention to what they are asking for?

10 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Ok fellas, just looked at trade machine, and the FA list and I got Indiana as having a ton of cap space, enough to bid for Kemba or DeAngelo. Thad, Reke, Collison, Joseph, Bojan, are all off the books.

So my question is why would Indiana give up a pick and a player that likely THEY consider to be a CORE piece, for Mike, when they can just bid for Kemba or DA and still keep Sabonis and their pick???

Because they probably won't get either,  but I see your point

7 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Are they looking for young assets or trying to build a winning team from the trade I haven't paid attention to what they are asking for?

I have heard even Holiday could be traded so Im pretty sure Conley or JV isnt interesting, especially not for 4 assets they could keep for themselves.

25 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Then LA would get AD 

There is no way we're getting that for Conley and JV

10 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I have heard even Holiday could be traded so Im pretty sure Conley or JV isnt interesting, especially not for 4 assets they could keep for themselves.

Which is a worry because that could mean they may then get interested in Ja

30 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Then LA would get AD 

I can't see Suns giving up #6 and Warren just to get an oft-injured Ball and Hill. 

They could offer us #6 and Warren for Mike, maybe 2nds instead of that #6

14 minutes ago, Dwash said:

They want a high level player in a multi team deal. I think they're going to keep Holiday, it doesn't really make sense for them to blow it up, they've got Zion already.  Conley, Holiday, Ingram, Zion, C looks like a playoff team. Then in 2 years you're off Conley's money and can get someone else to come play with Zion. In the deal in the tweet we'd also be taking on Hill's contract which is a negative asset and they'd still have a pick. 

40 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Then LA would get AD 

I think you're going to be pretty disappointed by the deal that actually happens if this is your perception of their value. There is virtually no combination of players we could give up (other than Ja/Jaren) that would get us the set of assets you're talking about here. If people are really thinking we're getting this kind of return, they are vastly overvaluing our own assets. We're going to be looking at expiring contracts and like A mid 1st round pick + 1 young asset in a trade for Mike. For instance, something with Miami where we get Winslow 13 and Anderson, or something of the sort. And I honestly think that particular deal is the very, very top end of what we can expect. 

Hayward/20/22 would help NOW with Gordon Hayward still being a solid piece (although maybe best used as a 6th man).

Then with 20 and 22 we can get some good young players to build around our Ja/Jaren/Bruno core.  

Hopefully we can keep JV with a value contract -- then go out and try to convey the pick in 2020.  Go out and try to win a championship in 3 years (which poster here mentioned this new 3 year plan?  I am on board!).

I've been looking on Twitter for Mike Conley rumors and most deals with the Celtics I've seen have them keeping Hayward somehow.

I've also seen alot of rumors and proposed deals that put Mike in the AD deal.

15 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

I've been looking on Twitter for Mike Conley rumors and most deals with the Celtics I've seen have them keeping Hayward somehow.

I've also seen alot of rumors and proposed deals that put Mike in the AD deal.

I kinda just want picks.  And maybe some role players who won't take shots away from our main (young) guys.

My top free agent for Alt Grind 2.0 might be Vince Carter.  Good veteran influence, mentor, can still play (a little), and doesn't take a ton of shots.  He can also help Ja Morant win the dunk contest.

With JV opting out for what we can assume is a lower salary does that foreshadow a Conley trade that brings back similar money? There has to be a reason he left money on the table other than wanting to do a longer term deal right?

It seems like Boston is also trying to get Capella from Houston

A Conley Brown Tatum Horford Capella starting unit could be contenders for sure in the east.

22 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

With JV opting out for what we can assume is a lower salary does that foreshadow a Conley trade that brings back similar money? There has to be a reason he left money on the table other than wanting to do a longer term deal right?

A Conley Brown Tatum Horford Capella starting unit could be contenders for sure in the east.

Why? You seem not to understand the concept of opting out to sign different contracts. He's not leaving 17m on the table if he's signing a long term deal. Why would it require a reason apart from wanting to sign a longer term deal? It guarantees him more money and he's said numerous times that he enjoyed playing for the Grizzlies and wants to help the team succeed.

34 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

There is still unknowns here, JV may not be looking at significantly lower salary, he may want the same money for more years.

IF he did accept lower salary, the strategy behind it may be to keep Mike and add pieces with the difference, or as a "war chest" to cover any big QO for Delon.

When does a deal need to be finalised by?

With all this talk of wheeling and dealing concerning NOP, LAL, etc. what is the status of Randle?  No one mentions him though he is a decent young big.  What's his status?

9 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

With all this talk of wheeling and dealing concerning NOP, LAL, etc. what is the status of Randle?  No one mentions him though he is a decent young big.  What's his status?

Player option.

Not sure when he needs to decide by, but if I were him, I'd opt out, otherwise he could get traded in any AD deal.

If JV won't take 15 and Julius opts out, go after him with the same money.

22 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Player option.

Not sure when he needs to decide by, but if I were him, I'd opt out, otherwise he could get traded in any AD deal.

If JV won't take 15 and Julius opts out, go after him with the same money.

I could live with that.