Ole Dirty Klondike

Mike Alex Conley Jr. Will Be Traded to Utah

Shams Charania(@ShamsCharania) tweeted at 2019-06-12 11:01:
Celtics' Kyrie Irving is not opting into his $21.3 million deal for next season and will become a free agent eligible to sign a new contract with Boston or elsewhere, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

--
Get the clean and fast Twitter app at http://echofon.com

Conley to Boston all but confirmed

1 hour ago, Ndq0327 said:

Boston can force the issue with Kyrie of they are done with him then trade for Mike Kyrie definitely won't come back then.

To me getting an additional first in this draft is strange cause the Grizz haven't worked out anyone so I would assume they haven't spoken to potential guys either so would they be drafting solely on outside scouting and information?

Do they always work them out beforehand?  Did they work out Pau?  Did they work out Rudy?  Did they work out Darrell Arthur?

2 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

Indy is the better trade if they are rebuilding. Boston is the better deal of they are still trying to rebuild while being good. I prefer the Indy deal to if it's Sabonis and McDermott.

I think Boston should just resign Rozier and start him at point. Cause they were good before Kyrie messed things up. 

Rozier Hayward Tatum Brown and Horford should be a playoff starting 5

The Boston team would certainly be a playoff team, but that's about it. Not better than Toronto, Milwaukee, or Philly assuming they bring back the same squads. Nets might jump them depending, if the Pacers do trade for Conley, I'd think they would be ahead of them as well. 

Detroit really should get involved. Conley is leaps and bounds better than Reggie Jackson. That big 3 of Griffin, Conley, Drummond would be pretty good (lob city east). I think it'd take a first and one of kennard, Bruce brown, khyri Thomas, or svi mykhailiuk, and Jackson and leuer for salary proposes. I'd want svi and the first personally. If they'd give up kennard I'd take him. 

22 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Do they always work them out beforehand?  Did they work out Pau?  Did they work out Rudy?  Did they work out Darrell Arthur?

I mean but have they even spoken with other players in the first round normally it comes out who the Grizzlies have spoken to at the combine but I don't remember that list this year it was all Ja and that's it.

1 hour ago, Rdk4121 said:

Detroit really should get involved. Conley is leaps and bounds better than Reggie Jackson. That big 3 of Griffin, Conley, Drummond would be pretty good (lob city east). I think it'd take a first and one of kennard, Bruce brown, khyri Thomas, or svi mykhailiuk, and Jackson and leuer for salary proposes. I'd want svi and the first personally. If they'd give up kennard I'd take him. 

You can get Svi at any time but not Kennard that's what I`ve heard from the Pistons fans. 

My personal options are: 
1. Indiana with Sabonis

2. Boston with our pick back. 

3. Phoenix with #6

4. Detroit with #15 and expirings

4 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Conley with Blake Griffin?

I just threw up a little bit.

(*Although, if that is the best deal for the Grizzlies, and it makes the team better, I would approve and never watch a Pistons game).

Hmm, maybe this is even more fuel to the fire that Kyrie is out. Boston may be the best trading partner. Brown may not be available but Taytum very well could be. I think Kyrie is out and Boston knows it

2 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Hmm, maybe this is even more fuel to the fire that Kyrie is out. Boston may be the best trading partner. Brown may not be available but Taytum very well could be. I think Kyrie is out and Boston knows it

Tatum ain't available for Conley. A Conley deal is going to be a Hayward swap and a pick or two

12 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Tatum ain't available for Conley. A Conley deal is going to be a Hayward swap and a pick or two

I have no clue what they are willing to give to acquire Conley if they feel his is the best PG available. Do I think a Hayward package is the most likely? Sure, I said that a few weeks ago, but I have no clue on how any trades may go down so we might as well throw it out there for discussion imo. 

22 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I have no clue what they are willing to give to acquire Conley if they feel his is the best PG available. Do I think a Hayward package is the most likely? Sure, I said that a few weeks ago, but I have no clue on how any trades may go down so we might as well throw it out there for discussion imo. 

I can assure you that neither Tatum nor Brown will be involved in any scenario involving Conley. If they call to check the asking price on him and we even mention one of their names, Ainge will hang up on us. Hayward and a pick or two is the most realistic expectation. (Preferably our pick back, but that seems to be increasing in value)

6 hours ago, russian grizzly said:

You can get Svi at any time but not Kennard that's what I`ve heard from the Pistons fans. 

My personal options are: 
1. Indiana with Sabonis

2. Boston with our pick back. 

3. Phoenix with #6

4. Detroit with #15 and expirings

I would put #3 at #1

I was thinking, and I would eat Hayward contract, take out the protection of our pick and give them the 2022 unprotected just to have the chance to  match any offers Brown gets as a restricted FA . I would ask for the 14th pick to compesate for the fact we wont have lottery picks.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y3o5joq4

This deal would be the best we could get from a Conley, in my opinion. We get the 3rd piece to add of our big 3, Ja/Jaylen/Jaren.

Ja/Delon/Carter

Jaylen/Bradley/Yuta

Hayward/Dillon/CJ

Jaren/Caboclo/Hachimura/Parsons

JV/Williams

We might be able to keep Jaylen and still add some veterans next year.

12 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Why?  Sabonis is probably better than anything you will get with a number 6 pick.

I like Sabonis too, Sabonis + Doug + #18 seems more easy to get done. But they must put Sabonis in the deal, cause I dont know if at #18 we will find top young talent, we might throw than Rabb for compensation.

28 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Why?  Sabonis is probably better than anything you will get with a number 6 pick.

Add in TJ Warren with the #6 pick, and probably Tyler Johnson to make up the $ value

Guys, I wouldn't be getting too excited just yet about Boston, I reckon they'll be chasing Kemba first, and also enquiring about DeAngelo Russell.

I know what Kemba said recently, and I know what the Brooklyn FO said about a Kyrie-DA backcourt, but sentiments mean nothing when a contract and $$$ are put in front of profession athletes in demand

2 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Guys, I wouldn't be getting too excited just yet about Boston, I reckon they'll be chasing Kemba first, and also enquiring about DeAngelo Russell.

I know what Kemba said recently, and I know what the Brooklyn FO said about a Kyrie-DA backcourt, but sentiments mean nothing when a contract and $$$ are put in front of profession athletes in demand

Boston doesn’t have the cap to be a player in free agency they can only improve substantially through trade and signing their own players back. 

15 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Add in TJ Warren with the #6 pick, and probably Tyler Johnson to make up the $ value

That wouldn't be bad, but Sabonis is still the best of any of those.

9 minutes ago, QMemphis said:

Boston doesn’t have the cap to be a player in free agency they can only improve substantially through trade and signing their own players back. 

Boston can only make a 20mil trade exception by signing and trading Kyrie. And I'm no longer sure they are trying to trade Hayward in a Conley deal.

I would move Indiana up to the most likely team they deal Conley to. Sabonis McDermott and either 18 or a future first. The question is what does the team do with JV if they trade for Sabonis and JV opts in tomorrow?

3 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Boston can only make a 20mil trade exception by signing and trading Kyrie. And I'm no longer sure they are trying to trade Hayward in a Conley deal.

I would move Indiana up to the most likely team they deal Conley to. Sabonis McDermott and either 18 or a future first. The question is what does the team do with JV if they trade for Sabonis and JV opts in tomorrow?

Play him and find out if he fits.

20 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

What's a "DA" besides a '50s hairstyle?

5 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

That wouldn't be bad, but Sabonis is still the best of any of those.

To me, that means Jaren gets shifted to C, I've read all the views and opinions here about where he is best, and IMO that is PF, my view is that is where he can make the biggest impact, and reach "Star" potential - if he has was it takes

Just now, BigHunkALove said:

To me, that means Jaren gets shifted to C, I've read all the views and opinions here about where he is best, and IMO that is PF, my view is that is where he can make the biggest impact, and reach "Star" potential - if he has was it takes

Sabonis plays center.

1 minute ago, smit-tay griz said:

What's a "DA" besides a '50s hairstyle?

DeAngelo