Ole Dirty Klondike

Mike Alex Conley Jr. Will Be Traded to Utah

24 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

I would easily live with that.

The only Indy hypothetical deal I saw was Sabonis McDermott and a future 1st

2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

I don't understand this.  Are you saying Sabonis, who has played both spots and is about the same size as Jaren, isn't flexible enough?  Or are you saying he's too old at 23?

I meant to type wing.

2 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

So of those 3 teams who has the best package? I'm hoping Indy is willing to come off Sabonis.

I don't want Hayward and 14

And a Utah deal is very hard to put together.

What if Indy gives us Sabonis and McDermott and 18 for Conley?

I would go for the Indy deal if they offer Sabonis and #18 and McDermott. Grizzlies would have a good young prospect in Sabonis, a mid first and cap space. This deal would be even more appealing if JV opts out. Boston would need to include the Grizzlies’ 2020 pick which is unlikely. I would rather have Sabonis and #18 over any two of Boston’s picks this year and the big contract of Hayward.

5 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

So of those 3 teams who has the best package? I'm hoping Indy is willing to come off Sabonis.

I don't want Hayward and 14

And a Utah deal is very hard to put together.

What if Indy gives us Sabonis and McDermott and 18 for Conley?

5 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

Sagar Trika(@BlazersBySagar) tweeted at 2019-06-11 19:10:
Woj names Utah, Indiana, and Boston *IF* Kyrie Irving leaves as teams that would be interested in trading for Mike Conley.

--
Get the clean and fast Twitter app at http://echofon.com

Hayward + Brown + #22 (Fernando) for MC + SlowMo + Rabb + unprotect the pick next year ; difficult to happen

or 

McDermott + Sabonis + #18 (hope Hachimura is available, if not Fernando) for MC + Rabb 

I dont like Utah. 

I still think we have a deal in Miami

They aren't trading Brown in a Conley deal

Conley for Hayward plus Rob Williams, whoever they pick at 14 or 22 (they usually make good picks) maybe a future first (not our own). Still think this is most logical and potentially very fruitful.

I think a cap clearing trade for Miami in Parsons, Conley for Johnson, Waiters, Olynk, Winslow, #13 has a chance. Depending on how interested Miami is in pursuing 2020 free agency.

51 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

They aren't trading Brown in a Conley deal

23 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Conley for Hayward plus Rob Williams, whoever they pick at 14 or 22 (they usually make good picks) maybe a future first (not our own). Still think this is most logical and potentially very fruitful.

I think a cap clearing trade for Miami in Parsons, Conley for Johnson, Waiters, Olynk, Winslow, #13 has a chance. Depending on how interested Miami is in pursuing 2020 free agency.

Maybe we trade Conley to a team in need of a pg and give Boston the pick or picks we get in the deal. But I agree, Jaylen Brown will be difficult to get

27 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I've come to realize Danny Ainge doesn't over pay in trades. If they trade for Hayward the 14th pick isn't enough of a sweetner to make that deal but he isn't adding any extra picks. I think I'd rather take Semi Ojeleye than Robert Williams though

5 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

Hayward + Brown + #22 (Fernando) for MC + SlowMo + Rabb + unprotect the pick next year ; difficult to happen

or 

McDermott + Sabonis + #18 (hope Hachimura is available, if not Fernando) for MC + Rabb 

I dont like Utah. 

I still think we have a deal in Miami

You think Fenando will last to #22? Lol, this guy is a special, pick-setting rebounding fool. He won't make it past the lottery. 

A guy I think might be there and is somebody I like is Windler. He is Wesley Person all over again. 

26 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

I've come to realize Danny Ainge doesn't over pay in trades. If they trade for Hayward the 14th pick isn't enough of a sweetner to make that deal but he isn't adding any extra picks. I think I'd rather take Semi Ojeleye than Robert Williams though

I think Hayward can be revived. I watch him and he is still explosive. They just dont center the offense around him anymore.

I would do the Hayward+14 deal without hesitation. This will be a super young team and you will need some vet presence around these guys. You need solid 2 way wing play and Hayward would absolutely be that guy. I think he will be closer to form next season after having more time away from the injury and the headcase locker room that was Boston this year. He is a great do everything wing player. From this season:

Look at the Suns, they have all the young talent in the world but they don't have any real vets around these guys who know how to win. Hayward and Anderson can be those guys to keep things steady.

I would also be okay if the Indy deal happened. Sabonis gives you a big that fits in the age group that you can put next to JJJ for a while. Both guys can quickly swap big positions on the fly.

I would really like the 22nd pick as well as the 14th for Hayward but I guess one pick is ok. But how interested in being a vet leader for Ja and Jaren will he be? Or will he just take the trade as a jail sentence and serve his time till he's gone. People throw around the mentor word alot but it doesn't seem like many vets even want to play on rebuilding teams let alone mentor the young players.

It was mentioned in this article that Gordon wasn't the best locker room guy in Boston do we really want him and Chandler isolation themselves and not "mentoring the young guys?

Grizzly Bear Blues(@sbnGrizzlies) tweeted at 2019-06-12 07:35:
Does Mike Conley to the Celtics make sense? @PAKA_FLOCKA says yes - here’s why. https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2019/6/12/18662400/does-mike-conley-to-the-celtics-make-sense-nba-memphis-grizzlies-boston-trade-rumors?utm_campaign=grizzlybearblues&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter pic.twitter.com/7GkDRP6bOQ

--

10 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

I would really like the 22nd pick as well as the 14th for Hayward but I guess one pick is ok. But how interested in being a vet leader for Ja and Jaren will he be? Or will he just take the trade as a jail sentence and serve his time till he's gone. People throw around the mentor word alot but it doesn't seem like many vets even want to play on rebuilding teams let alone mentor the young players.

It was mentioned in this article that Gordon wasn't the best locker room guy in Boston do we really want him and Chandler isolation themselves and not "mentoring the young guys?

Does Mike Conley to the Celtics make sense? @PAKA_FLOCKA says yes - here’s why. https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2019/6/12/18662400/does-mike-conley-to-the-celtics-make-sense-nba-memphis-grizzlies-boston-trade-rumors?utm_campaign=grizzlybearblues&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter pic.twitter.com/7GkDRP6bOQ

--

The grizzlies aren't going to bring in 3 first round picks, sorry to disappoint you. They'd be pushing it to bring in 2 first round picks with who they have on the team.

If they trade Mike, at least some of it will be for salary dumping purposes. The rest will be for established players and maybe a future #1. 

27 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

--

That article says everything I have been thinking or saying about a Hayward trade.

10 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The grizzlies aren't going to bring in 3 first round picks, sorry to disappoint you. They'd be pushing it to bring in 2 first round picks with who they have on the team.

If they trade Mike, at least some of it will be for salary dumping purposes. The rest will be for established players and maybe a future #1. 

The Grizz aren't going to bring in three 1st round guys?? Y the hell wouldn't they the team is rebuilding even if they don't want to say it out loud. Now if you are referring to money wise then I see your point.

Of the three teams that came out as trade partners Boston Makes all the sense in the world as being the team they will trade Mike to. It helps Mike achieve his goals which I think is a priority for the FO and the Grizz get a good player plus draft assets back. They wanted two picks for mike at the deadline you think they would have said no if a team offered them two picks in this draft???

An Indiana trade would bring salary relief and established players but if they get Sabonis, McDermott and 18 that's essentially two 1st round picks.

Guys like Ivan Rabb Jevon Carter and Tyler Dorsey can all be shipped out to make room for rookies. If they trade for Hayward and JV opts in then the money will be tight but there are ways to open up room for your rookies if they want to 

14 minutes ago, Dwash said:

That article says everything I have been thinking or saying about a Hayward trade.

It almost foreshadows what's to come. I don't see them trading Mike anywhere else unless Indy offers Sabonis. But I really feel the FO wants to put Mike in a situation to compete like they did Marc which makes Boston the front-runner.

Boston doesn't even want all their pics in this draft so it should be easy to get 14 and 22. I would do 

Conley and Rabb for Hayward 14-22

https://www.google.com/amp/s/celticswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/11/report-celtics-dont-want-to-keep-all-of-their-first-round-picks/amp/

47 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

--

The article says "he was in a terrible locker room situation" not he WAS the terrible locker room situation. Kyrie was the big issue for Boston this year in the locker room. Those young guys formed a great team last year in the playoffs then Kyrie comes back like they didn't do anything special. That is why you hear all the stuff coming from Rozier.

5 minutes ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

The article says "he was in a terrible locker room situation" not he WAS the terrible locker room situation. Kyrie was the big issue for Boston this year in the locker room. Those young guys formed a great team last year in the playoffs then Kyrie comes back like they didn't do anything special.

Totally misread that. It didn't make much sense to me cause I originally thought Kyrie was the problem in Boston so that clears it up

I'd rather do a deal with Miami or indy. Utah can really only give us cap space and a mediocre first. I just want a resolution to this trade saga. We still need to figure out what JV does, which we have to know by tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

I'd rather do a deal with Miami or indy. Utah can really only give us cap space and a mediocre first. I just want a resolution to this trade saga. We still need to figure out what JV does, which we have to know by tomorrow. 

Indy is the better trade if they are rebuilding. Boston is the better deal of they are still trying to rebuild while being good. I prefer the Indy deal to if it's Sabonis and McDermott.

I think Boston should just resign Rozier and start him at point. Cause they were good before Kyrie messed things up. 

Rozier Hayward Tatum Brown and Horford should be a playoff starting 5

I'm fine with the Boston trade if we can get the 14th, but I'd like a second first rounder too.  

I'm fine with JV picking up or opting out too. I just don't want to give him a long term deal without seeing how our two bigs play together first.  

4 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Indy is the better trade if they are rebuilding. Boston is the better deal of they are still trying to rebuild while being good. I prefer the Indy deal to if it's Sabonis and McDermott.

I think Boston should just resign Rozier and start him at point. Cause they were good before Kyrie messed things up. 

Rozier Hayward Tatum Brown and Horford should be a playoff starting 5

Another reason I like the Boston one is I want to keep another big contract on Boston like Mike because that will make it harder for Boston to match if we offer a max to Brown next year.

4 minutes ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

Another reason I like the Boston one is I want to keep another big contract on Boston like Mike because that will make it harder for Boston to match if we offer a max to Brown next year.

They are gonna match. Pretty much all max type restricted free agents get matched. For starters, a max for a 4 year player isnt super high. But no way they let their second best talent go.

The hardest part of this is that the draft will come before the free agency. So it is hard to trade multiple draft picks to this years draft. You can get Hayward and 14 for Mike but it will be Hayward and whatever player they pick at 14 (that is if they don't do another trade draft night with both picks for future assets). I know some teams will have a deal on the table before the draft and take who the other team wants but Boston getting Mike is based on a lot of things going in a specific order for multiple teams in the NBA with the draft and free agency.

Teams like Boston who are in the running for AD will take their time to see how this plays out in free agency and to see if Kyrie leaves in free agency too.

This is why I think Indy is a team that the trade can actually happen on draft night since they won't be huge players for the big names in free agency.

11 minutes ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

The hardest part of this is that the draft will come before the free agency. So it is hard to trade multiple draft picks to this years draft. You can get Hayward and 14 for Mike but it will be Hayward and whatever player they pick at 14 (that is if they don't do another trade draft night with both picks for future assets). I know some teams will have a deal on the table before the draft and take who the other team wants but Boston getting Mike is based on a lot of things going in a specific order for multiple teams in the NBA with the draft and free agency.

Teams like Boston who are in the running for AD will take their time to see how this plays out in free agency and to see if Kyrie leaves in free agency too.

This is why I think Indy is a team that the trade can actually happen on draft night since they won't be huge players for the big names in free agency.

Boston can force the issue with Kyrie of they are done with him then trade for Mike Kyrie definitely won't come back then.

To me getting an additional first in this draft is strange cause the Grizz haven't worked out anyone so I would assume they haven't spoken to potential guys either so would they be drafting solely on outside scouting and information?