Ole Dirty Klondike

Mike Alex Conley Jr. Will Be Traded to Utah

1 hour ago, Ndq0327 said:

I don't know about that deal cause that locks Sabonis up as your center going forward and I think the plan is to have the center position be flexible cause they want Jaren there in certain situations.

Yeah it's a good point, I think Sabonis has shown enough flexibility to be an attractive option, and unless we ended up having to pay silly money when he's restricted wouldn't tie up much space and would be a tradeable asset if he's not a good fit with JJJ.

19 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

I think LA could truly be a place that is considering Conley. I think Davis to LA is probably a surefire thing at this point. If kyrie doesn't go there (I think Kemba stays in Charlotte), Conley is the only other good PG on the market. Now I'm not sure what assets they really have left after the Davis trade when it happens. I hate being in this wait and see mode. I still hope jonas opts in so we can trade him to Charlotte since he's a clear upgrade over anybody they have at center. 

I wouldn't rule out Philly or Milwaukee either. Conley is an upgrade over Bledsoe, mostly since he can shoot the 3. Ben Simmons isn't a PG, at least come playoff time. There's a lot of speculation they might sign DLo, which would be a good fit. 

They will have to trade the 4th pick to get AD so they won't have a pick to give us for Conley so we would basically be giving Conley to them for their scraps left from the AD trade. I'm not looking to help a team in a Conley deal if there's no return for the Grizz.

I think with KDs injury that changes things in FA as far as waiting for teams to make a Conley offer

2 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

They will have to trade the 4th pick to get AD so they won't have a pick to give us for Conley so we would basically be giving Conley to them for their scraps left from the AD trade. I'm not looking to help a team in a Conley deal if there's no return for the Grizz.

I think with KDs injury that changes things in FA as far as waiting for teams to make a Conley offer

With the KD injury, I think NYK may not be too aggressive going after AD. They will still sign KD but will probably keep their young assets and tank for another year. LAL may be able to get AD with any 3 of Ball, Ingram, Kuzma and the #4 pick. I am thinking maybe we could get Kuzma and Hart for Conley.

24 minutes ago, Grizball said:

With the KD injury, I think NYK may not be too aggressive going after AD. They will still sign KD but will probably keep their young assets and tank for another year. LAL may be able to get AD with any 3 of Ball, Ingram, Kuzma and the #4 pick. I am thinking maybe we could get Kuzma and Hart for Conley.

I'd take kuzma and hart in a heartbeat (hartbeat). If they are still left over from the trade then I'm all for it. Not sure the Lakers would do it, but you never know. 

54 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

I think LA could truly be a place that is considering Conley. I think Davis to LA is probably a surefire thing at this point. If kyrie doesn't go there (I think Kemba stays in Charlotte), Conley is the only other good PG on the market. Now I'm not sure what assets they really have left after the Davis trade when it happens. I hate being in this wait and see mode. I still hope jonas opts in so we can trade him to Charlotte since he's a clear upgrade over anybody they have at center. 

I wouldn't rule out Philly or Milwaukee either. Conley is an upgrade over Bledsoe, mostly since he can shoot the 3. Ben Simmons isn't a PG, at least come playoff time. There's a lot of speculation they might sign DLo, which would be a good fit. 

I don't want to deal with a team that has already traded for AD.    I am sure NOP would've already decimated that teams roster so nothing would be left for us.  

Assuming Jenkins will play an uptempo style we should be looking at teams that offer players that can fit that model. Stretch bigs athletic 3-D wings no one that's more suited for a slow it down half court style.

34 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

+100  I see KD opting in taking that money and going into FA the following year.   Kawhi winning the title in TOR prob results in him staying.   Also can't see Masai dumping Lowry at that point either.   

AD trade has a high probability of occurring before draft too.   Kyrie prob has much greater chance of signing with Nets. Which means major moves may be settled before the draft.   Will Kemba want to leave all that money on the table to sign with a KD-less Knicks?

AD will prob come down to Nets, Clippers, and Celtics.    CP3 could be plan B for Lakers if they don't get AD.     Lots of chaos going down in next week or so!

4 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

If Indy is willing to give up Sabonis which I don't think they really want to then is Sabonis and 18 good enough for Conley. I would assume people would think that's not good enough

That would definitely be good enough for me. Sabonis is a legit player with a bright future on a cheap contract. Great value.

With us being in rebuild mode, the goal in the Conley trade should be to get a young guy (or draft pick) who could turn into a cornerstone piece. Picking up aging role players on short contracts doesn't really do anything for the franchise in this stage.

2 minutes ago, BTiger3733 said:

That would definitely be good enough for me. Sabonis is a legit player with a bright future on a cheap contract. Great value.

With us being in rebuild mode, the goal in the Conley trade should be to get a young guy (or draft pick) who could turn into a cornerstone piece. Picking up aging role players on short contracts doesn't really do anything for the franchise in this stage.

Sabonis/18 would be great.

I assume our front line of the future would be set: Jaren/Sabonis/Bruno.

At 18, you probably still want to go BPA but with our front line set then we should probably only look at wing players, preferably ones who can shoot.  If that is a 2 guard, great, if not get a small forward and just play big....

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

Sabonis/18 would be great.

I assume our front line of the future would be set: Jaren/Sabonis/Bruno.

At 18, you probably still want to go BPA but with our front line set then we should probably only look at wing players, preferably ones who can shoot.  If that is a 2 guard, great, if not get a small forward and just play big....

In reality, Pacers are very reluctant to offer Sabonis alone

1 hour ago, BTiger3733 said:

Old players on short contracts become cap space rebuilding teams need cap space either for FA or taking in bigger deals for draft picks

22 minutes ago, russian grizzly said:

In reality, Pacers are very reluctant to offer Sabonis alone

Only problem is they have like 5 players under contract that can be traded so it's either Sabonis or Holliday and McDermott. I don't see the Grizz trading with them if Sabonis isn't available. Unless they want to give up Miles Turner which I doubt.

So that takes us back to the Miami possibility. When you really start to think there aren't that many good scenarios for a Conley trade.

I don't think the Pelicans are going to be quick to deal AD.  Maybe a deal eventually gets done in late July, but it will be kind of complicated to start with.

13 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I don't think the Pelicans are going to be quick to deal AD.  Maybe a deal eventually gets done in late July, but it will be kind of complicated to start with.

He's got to be looking multiple high picks and the Lakers only have 1 good one

3 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

You may have missed the last paragraph in that story

Griffin has offered teams no firm timetable on needing a completed deal, but he has indicated that he prefers the acquisition of 2019 draft picks be completed days prior to the June 20 event in Brooklyn, league sources said. This gives the Pelicans a chance to meet and more closely examine draft candidates slotted in the vicinity of picks potentially traded to New Orleans.

The Knicks and Lakers hold the Nos. 3 and 4 picks in this month's draft, respectively, and those are prime trade assets for the Pelicans to consider.

It only makes sense that they do it before the draft.   I am sure they want to pick their own players. 

6 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

You may have missed the last paragraph in that story

Griffin has offered teams no firm timetable on needing a completed deal, but he has indicated that he prefers the acquisition of 2019 draft picks be completed days prior to the June 20 event in Brooklyn, league sources said. This gives the Pelicans a chance to meet and more closely examine draft candidates slotted in the vicinity of picks potentially traded to New Orleans.

The Knicks and Lakers hold the Nos. 3 and 4 picks in this month's draft, respectively, and those are prime trade assets for the Pelicans to consider.

It only makes sense that they do it before the draft.   I am sure they want to pick their own players. 

This makes me feel a Mike trade might be for future picks cause the grizzlies haven't worked out anyone draftable and the draft is next week 

2 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

2 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

He's got to be looking multiple high picks and the Lakers only have 1 good one

It's going to be difficult to do any trade to get AD to the Knicks or Lakers. i mean, the Pels pitch to potential trade partners is " We have a disgruntled superstar that we need to trade to only either the Lakers or Knicks and in the process of trading that disgruntled superstar, we will get the Knicks or Lakers 3rd or 4th pick but we need a team to help us facilitate this deal" WHY WOULD ANY TEAM DO THAT? The Pels already have the #1 pick and will pick up either the 3rd or 4th pick, the Knicks or Lakers would get AD and the 3rd or 4th or 5th team? What do they get out of the deal? Neither the Knicks or Lakers have valuable trade pieces to entice a third or 4th team. 

It's going to be interesting to see how this ends up. 

11 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I would rather get another young player in a Conley deal instead of a Big.   I want the PF and C spots manned by interchangeable guys.   Jaren needs flexibility to man either spot depending on matchups.   

I still like MIA as best potential suitor because they have young players (Winslow, Richardson, Bam) and the best pick.  

I don't understand this.  Are you saying Sabonis, who has played both spots and is about the same size as Jaren, isn't flexible enough?  Or are you saying he's too old at 23?

10 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

Winslow already has his extension for 13mil for the next 3 seasons. I'd rather have Olynik than Waiters cause he's the type of big that makes JV expendable if he opts in. 

Kelly Olynyk makes Jonas Valancuinas expendable?  Maybe like Ivan Rabb makes Jaren expendable?  I'm not getting this expendable thing.

15 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Kelly Olynyk makes Jonas Valancuinas expendable?  Maybe like Ivan Rabb makes Jaren expendable?  I'm not getting this expendable thing.

I mean expendable in the sense that he's a big enough body to bang down low and won't have an issue not starting some nights and coming off the bench other nights. I'm not as interested with the team bring good next season so JV isn't that interesting to me.

Sagar Trika(@BlazersBySagar) tweeted at 2019-06-11 19:10:
Woj names Utah, Indiana, and Boston *IF* Kyrie Irving leaves as teams that would be interested in trading for Mike Conley.

--
Get the clean and fast Twitter app at http://echofon.com

So of those 3 teams who has the best package? I'm hoping Indy is willing to come off Sabonis.

I don't want Hayward and 14

And a Utah deal is very hard to put together.

What if Indy gives us Sabonis and McDermott and 18 for Conley?

4 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

I mean expendable in the sense that he's a big enough body to bang down low and won't have an issue not starting some nights and coming off the bench other nights. I'm not as interested with the team bring good next season so JV isn't that interesting to me.

I want us to be good every year.  I don't want to teach our young players how to lose, I want them to learn to win.  The only way it could hurt is if  you have your top picks languishing on the bench most of the game.

2 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

So of those 3 teams who has the best package? I'm hoping Indy is willing to come off Sabonis.

I don't want Hayward and 14

And a Utah deal is very hard to put together.

What if Indy gives us Sabonis and McDermott and 18 for Conley?

I would easily live with that.

22 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

I would easily live with that.

I would actually be fine with Hayward and 14 as well. Not near as much as the prospective Pacers or Heat deals but that’s not too bad. 

I really think Hayward is going to start balling out again next season. Year removed from his injury. Started playing much better late last season.

Plus 14 can still net ya Porter, Romeo or Alexander-Walker (was that backwards?)