Ole Dirty Klondike

Mike Alex Conley Jr. Will Be Traded to Utah

On 6/7/2019 at 6:56 PM, lsugrizzfan said:

I am with you on Brown. I think given more opportunities he will become a 20 ppg player while shooting around 40% from 3 and playing excellent defense. Watching him play, I think he is destined to be an all star. I would gladly throw a max offer at Brown. He would be an ideal fit with Ja and Jaren as well. He's athletic. He defends. He can space the floor. The biggest downside of him is lack of playmaking. I don't see that changing either. But I think he can be a Klay Thompson style (not clone) player. Defense and shooting at all star level.

Count me in, Brown is the closest thing to a star we could get next year. And between him Ja and Jaren we will have a solid big 3. Also if Ja become engaged on the D end; we will have a new mold of  GnG in Memphis. 

17 hours ago, Back2Grizzness said:

Let’s play with Miami.....we want the 13 and Winslow. Would you do it if you’re Riley?

We have to take back a bad contract. Ryan Anderson’s $20mil is the simplest way to make the trade work. Would the Grizz take the contract of Ryan Anderson (expiring 2020) to get Winslow and the 13 for Conley?

I think so and would wait until draft night to see who’s there at 13. I’d want the Grizz to take a risk on Bol Bol. Edit: due to Winslow’s salary rise, we’d probably need them to take another player (C.J.? AB?) once the contracts are guaranteed 

This trade would make losing the BOS pick more palatable as Winslow is still young on a favorable deal to pair with Ja, JJJ, Bol, and Brooks with K. Anderson being our “vet” moving forward

What do you think? I like it as a Grizz fan

Someone make the case for DEN.

I think it'd either be Winslow or the 13th pick. Can't see Riley giving up both. They've got a lot of bloated contracts though maybe if we take another one on we could get both.

Someone mentioned Denver as a spot so they could shift Murray back to SG, where he's probably better off. Thing is they'd have a logjam there if that happens. They would have to move off one, really two of Barton, Harris n Beasley to open up minutes. No picks this year for them. It'd be tougher to make a trade w/ them over the Heat. Maybe Barton/Beasley for Conley straight up?

People are saying, Conley will only be traded IF really good return package is coming back, including cap space.

For example Pacers deal, Mike for Doug McDermott 1st and 25mil. in cap space (Indy can absorb Mike into cap space). 

Mike will not be traded for trade sake or becouse Ja needs minutes.

Mike WILL NOT be traded to a lottery team, like Suns etc.

People are saying, unless really good trade deal is found, most likely outcome regarding Mike is, he starts new season as a Grizzly player. 

If a team or Mike is not happy, trade to contender at the trade deadline.

I'd love to sign julius Randle this year, do that trade with the Heat to get Winslow, and sign Jaylen Brown next year. 

Our starting 5:

Ja, Brown, Winslow, JJJ, Randle. (We also hit them with the all J first name team) 

All under 24, all can shoot the 3, all can get their own shot, and a good mix of defense, rebounding, and playmaking. 

You'd still have Delon (or Carter), Dillon, Kyle, Bruno, and Rabb/Zeller maybe. Still a pretty good bench. 

To piggy-back on the Jalylen Brown talk...how about Conley and Brooks to Boston for Brown and Smart. Maybe even make the 2020 first completely unprotected to sweeten the pot. Boston fills the rest of their roster with their three first round picks.

Boston line-up

Conley/FA (maybe Pat Beverly?)
Brooks/Langford (pick 14)
Hayward/Semi
Tatum/Claxton (pick 22)/Yabusele
Horford/Baynes/Clarke (20)/Williams

Memphis line-up
Ja/Wright/Carter
Brown/Smart
Anderson
JJJ//Caboclo/Parsons
Valanciunas/Rabb

2 hours ago, Plop Plop Griz Griz said:

To piggy-back on the Jalylen Brown talk...how about Conley and Brooks to Boston for Brown and Smart. Maybe even make the 2020 first completely unprotected to sweeten the pot. Boston fills the rest of their roster with their three first round picks.

Boston line-up

Conley/FA (maybe Pat Beverly?)
Brooks/Langford (pick 14)
Hayward/Semi
Tatum/Claxton (pick 22)/Yabusele
Horford/Baynes/Clarke (20)/Williams

Memphis line-up
Ja/Wright/Carter
Brown/Smart
Anderson
JJJ//Caboclo/Parsons
Valanciunas/Rabb

I read yesterday Ainge didn't want to pull the trigger on trading exactly Jaylen Brown and Smart and a couple firsts for Kawhi Leonard for fear he would opt out. If you dont want to trade two middling players for a run at a championship, you aren't going to do it for a couple guaranteed years of Mike Conley.

5 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Our starting 5:

Ja, Brown, Winslow, JJJ, Randle. (We also hit them with the all J first name team) 

Game over.🤯

9 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

I'd love to sign julius Randle this year, do that trade with the Heat to get Winslow, and sign Jaylen Brown next year. 

Our starting 5:

All under 24, all can shoot the 3, all can get their own shot, and a good mix of defense, rebounding, and playmaking. 

You'd still have Delon (or Carter), Dillon, Kyle, Bruno, and Rabb/Zeller maybe. Still a pretty good bench. 

Julius Randle would be  a Z-BO #2  type of player

Old clip. 1:20 mark Mike says what many have stated. He’s not here for the rebuild, wants more. Feels like writing is on the wall. Hope he gets his chance and we get some pieces moving forward.

Edited by BealeDon’tLie
Isn’t to is

17 minutes ago, BealeDon’tLie said:

Old clip. 1:20 mark Mike says what many have stated. He’s not here for the rebuild, wants more. Feels like writing isn’t on the wall. Hope he gets his chance and we get some pieces moving forward.

Mike Conley got paid beyond his capabilities. 

The Memphis Grizzlies will/should do what is best for the future of the franchise regardless of his feelings. 

2 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

Mike Conley got paid beyond his capabilities. 

The Memphis Grizzlies will/should do what is best for the future of the franchise regardless of his feelings. 

I don’t see why the two can’t both happen, and I think they probably will. Just like Marc, teams like Miami suggested could be good just lack a point with talent. Seems like a win win. 

3 minutes ago, BealeDon’tLie said:

I don’t see why the two can’t both happen, and I think they probably will. Just like Marc, teams like Miami suggested could be good just lack a point with talent. Seems like a win win. 

Good for him if a team that is contending wants to trade for him. 

All that should matter to the franchise is the return, not where he goes. 

1 minute ago, Teddy.B said:

Good for him if a team that is contending wants to trade for him. 

All that should matter to the franchise is the return, not where he goes. 

Yeah I understand this, and agree mostly. I don’t believe many non contending/borderline teams will want an aging point. Most are rebuilding anyways so they value youth. I guess we’ll see though.

The thing is Conley got paid for his past achievements and future projection. (Tks Chris) 

He has not lived up to his current contract. 

14 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

The thing is Conley got paid for his past achievements and future projection. (Tks Chris) 

He has not lived up to his current contract. 

He’s had his two best seasons since signing his contract 

2 minutes ago, Allen said:

He’s had his two best seasons since signing his contract 

Could you say that again?  I didn't hear you the first five times.:lol:

Would you pay $50 for a Macdonalds burger? 

Maybe Macdonalds came up with a wagyu burger and it's better than the Big Mac, but paying $50 for a Macdonalds burger is still overpaying. 

1 hour ago, Teddy.B said:

Would you pay $50 for a Macdonalds burger? 

Maybe Macdonalds came up with a wagyu burger and it's better than the Big Mac, but paying $50 for a Macdonalds burger is still overpaying. 

what is going rate for top 10 pg right now?

3 hours ago, BealeDon’tLie said:

Don't think Miami goes to the finals but they can become a playoff team with Mike for sure

1 hour ago, guillermo said:

what is going rate for top 10 pg right now?

The offers or rather lack there of shows what he's worth. 

That interview with Screamin A and Max Kellerman IS very telling about Mike's level of interest with the grizzlies. They prodded him like no other and yet he still keep saying Memphis, Memphis Memphis.

The idea that he was trying to force his way out and asked to be traded is so far from the truth.

13 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

The offers or rather lack there of shows what he's worth. 

how much do they make on average?

I did some research looks like about $15 mil/year for solid starter

mike not worth 30+mil/year but hes worth 20+mil/yr, imo  

that contract going to be hard to move

I think the organization is already in disarray and we should keep him so the wheels don't fall completely off.  If we are going to trade him, I would take a lottery pick or nothing at this point unless we are getting back a young star that we can re-sign.

YO

On 6/9/2019 at 10:21 AM, BealeDon’tLie said:

Old clip. 1:20 mark Mike says what many have stated. He’s not here for the rebuild, wants more. Feels like writing isn’t on the wall. Hope he gets his chance and we get some pieces moving forward.

I am confused.