Ole Dirty Klondike

Mike Alex Conley Jr. Will Be Traded to Utah

7 minutes ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

I don't see Miami giving up Richardson. I would take back Anderson in a trade for Mike to give us more cap space next off season. Financially it will be tricky but this works:

Mike+Rabb for Anderson+13+Bam+Waiters

Winslow would be nice but isn't he a FA?

Riley said no untouchables on his current roster.   Winslow signed an extension so another 3years.  So he'd be locked up majority of Ja + Jaren timeline. 

I'd rather get a playmaking defensive athletic wing to pair with Ja then get a dude that can only play Center.   We still don't know if Jaren's future isn't at the 5.  

Miami is zeroed in on free agency for the 20/21 season. I just don't see them trading for Conley unless they can unload more than 1 bad contract. I don't see the Grizzlies being able to (or wanting to) absorb more than 1 bad contract. 

2 minutes ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

I want a huge expiring coming back in any Mike trade to add to the cap space in 2020 for us. You already have CJ Miles and Parsons coming off the books creating about 35 million.

Add in 25 more million from Anderson!

Anderson is slated to be paid 15.6 mil. Whiteside will get 27 mil but I wouldn't want him for any price.

3 hours ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

I want a huge expiring coming back in any Mike trade to add to the cap space in 2020 for us. You already have CJ Miles and Parsons coming off the books creating about 35 million.

With a trade like this, you could add in another 25 million. If JV picks up his option this season, you could save another 17 million in 2020 too.

"Jaylen Brown, step into our office, be careful not to trip over that big bag of money next to the desk"

43 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

"Jaylen Brown, step into our office, be careful not to trip over that big bag of money next to the desk"

Just my idea.

Imagine a lineup

Ja

Brown

Little

Jaren 

Bam

2 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

Just my idea.

Imagine a lineup

Ja

Brown

Little

Jaren 

Bam

Who is Little? Not everyone knows these players by their last names.

I like the idea of trading a future #1 pick (with diminishing protection) for Jaylen Brown and then referring to the trade as the Jeff Green 2.0 mistake.

Why does everyone keep bringing up Jaylen Brown? Why would the Celtics trade him? What do we have the could come even remotely close to getting him? Let's keep these ideas reasonable. 

3 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

Why does everyone keep bringing up Jaylen Brown? Why would the Celtics trade him? What do we have the could come even remotely close to getting him? Let's keep these ideas reasonable. 

Not a trade, he is a RFA at the end of next season, when we will have the capspace to put in a big offer for him, if the FO chooses to do so.

46 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Not a trade, he is a RFA at the end of next season, when we will have the capspace to put in a big offer for him, if the FO chooses to do so.

This

4 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

Who is Little? Not everyone knows these players by their last names.

Nassir Little, drafting him with the lottery pick we will get in MC trade.

8 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Exactly what is the fascination with Jaylen Brown, who has shown no more than Dylan Brooks has in Dylan's rookie season that people want to give him a max deal. That is insane. 

Jaylen has been a bust for the most part and even the celtics reduced his minutes this year to basically a bench player minutes. In fact, I will go so far as to say Dylan Brooks will have a better career than Jaylen will.

I wouldn't want brown. 

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Exactly what is the fascination with Jaylen Brown, who has shown no more than Dylan Brooks has in Dylan's rookie season that people want to give him a max deal. That is insane. 

Jaylen has been a bust for the most part and even the celtics reduced his minutes this year to basically a bench player minutes. In fact, I will go so far as to say Dylan Brooks will have a better career than Jaylen will.

C'mon man you know it he has shown LOT more than Brooks, and he did it in the playoffs and ECF. To compare that to Brooks is just ridiculous.

This year, having brought in Hayward and your favourite PG completely destroyed the chemistry that had been built the year before with him and Tatum and Smart and Rozier

He ain't no bust, and your last statement, while admirable in intent, is laughable

19 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

C'mon man you know it he has shown LOT more than Brooks, and he did it in the playoffs and ECF. To compare that to Brooks is just ridiculous.

This year, having brought in Hayward and your favourite PG completely destroyed the chemistry that had been built the year before with him and Tatum and Smart and Rozier

He ain't no bust, and your last statement, while admirable in intent, is laughable

Dude averaged 13 points in this year's playoffs and you want to back up a brinks truck for him. lol But Jonas, we better let him walk if he wants more than 13 million a year. lol

All that means is he's a beta, not an alpha player, if he let kyrie and gordon do that to him.

6 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Dude averaged 13 points in this year's playoffs and you want to back up a brinks truck for him. lol But Jonas, we better let him walk if he wants more than 13 million a year. lol

All that means is he's a beta, not an alpha player, if he let kyrie and gordon do that to him.

He's gotta do what he is told to do, and that means Kyrie and the $30 mil man are the priority, and they get the ball and the shots. Why do you think there is so many unhappy guys on that team?

The Jonas argument doesn't apply to me, see my post in the Summer Plans thread

Are we moving on from DB or are we slatting him as a sixth man spark plug off the bench? His second year was disappointing but not all of his own doing. 

56 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Are we moving on from DB or are we slatting him as a sixth man spark plug off the bench? His second year was disappointing but not all of his own doing. 

I like Dillon.....I believe he can be a really good player.

2 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

The only part that wasn't his own doing was the injury part.  He started the season off poorly.  I think he was forcing things, trying to make a good impression since the FO  brought in several players who got minutes ahead of him.  I would like to see him on the roster in the fall to see how he plays with our draft pick (Ja?).  He is not some untradeable piece though.

9 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

The only part that wasn't his own doing was the injury part.  He started the season off poorly.  I think he was forcing things, trying to make a good impression since the FO  brought in several players who got minutes ahead of him.  I would like to see him on the roster in the fall to see how he plays with our draft pick (Ja?).  He is not some untradeable piece though.

Not saying he's untradeable, but seems people often leave him out of lineups going forward.  He did start off poorly but it seemed that he was starting to find his grove before the first injury.  

7 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Not saying he's untradeable, but seems people often leave him out of lineups going forward.  He did start off poorly but it seemed that he was starting to find his grove before the first injury.  

Yeah, I still have hope for Dillon.  The thing that impressed me the most about Dillon in his rookie season was his on court decision making.  He made decisions more like a vet than a rookie.  I agree that he seemed to be coming around before his injury.

53 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Yeah, I still have hope for Dillon.  The thing that impressed me the most about Dillon in his rookie season was his on court decision making.  He made decisions more like a vet than a rookie.  I agree that he seemed to be coming around before his injury.

He has some fire in him too.  I love his fight.  I remember he blocked Harden on a 3pt shot with man to man defense.  I hope he works out for us.  

20 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

They are all free agents so PHO doesn't have to give up anything.   Trading for Conley will cost them assets. 

19 hours ago, Dwash said:

It shows they just want a competent short term pg until they get a long term solution. Not pay real assets for another short term solution.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that those options aren't even a short term solution. At best that are bottom tier starting point guards, at worst you're just taking development time from your young pg. I think signing them does nothing good for them. Not saying they need to trade for Conley or they're never going to find a PG, but those options certainly don't help. They could max DLo since he might be a casualty in Brooklyn. 

16 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that those options aren't even a short term solution. At best that are bottom tier starting point guards, at worst you're just taking development time from your young pg. I think signing them does nothing good for them. Not saying they need to trade for Conley or they're never going to find a PG, but those options certainly don't help. They could max DLo since he might be a casualty in Brooklyn. 

Maxing DLo and seeing what Brooklyn does early on....definite possibility.

I hope it boils down to Miami or Denver. They seem to have the best mix of picks/prospects/capsavings available.

3 hours ago, cdp said:

I hope it boils down to Miami or Denver. They seem to have the best mix of picks/prospects/capsavings available.

Let’s play with Miami.....we want the 13 and Winslow. Would you do it if you’re Riley?

We have to take back a bad contract. Ryan Anderson’s $20mil is the simplest way to make the trade work. Would the Grizz take the contract of Ryan Anderson (expiring 2020) to get Winslow and the 13 for Conley?

I think so and would wait until draft night to see who’s there at 13. I’d want the Grizz to take a risk on Bol Bol. Edit: due to Winslow’s salary rise, we’d probably need them to take another player (C.J.? AB?) once the contracts are guaranteed 

This trade would make losing the BOS pick more palatable as Winslow is still young on a favorable deal to pair with Ja, JJJ, Bol, and Brooks with K. Anderson being our “vet” moving forward

What do you think? I like it as a Grizz fan

Someone make the case for DEN.

10 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

I am with you on Brown. I think given more opportunities he will become a 20 ppg player while shooting around 40% from 3 and playing excellent defense. Watching him play, I think he is destined to be an all star. I would gladly throw a max offer at Brown. He would be an ideal fit with Ja and Jaren as well. He's athletic. He defends. He can space the floor. The biggest downside of him is lack of playmaking. I don't see that changing either. But I think he can be a Klay Thompson style (not clone) player. Defense and shooting at all star level.