Ole Dirty Klondike

Mike Alex Conley Jr. Will Be Traded to Utah

48 minutes ago, CarloJ63 said:

Although I'm not a fan of the proposed 3 way trade, it got me thinking there may be other deals out there where we can have multiple teams involved.

OKC is supposedly trying to move their 1st Round Pick (21st), so maybe they can be used as part of a trade.

Also, the idea of trading Conley to Milwaukee is intriguing.  If they had had Conley this year instead of Bledsoe, they would be in the finals and could very realistically beat the banged up Warriors.

Ricky Rubio is stating that he is not a part of Utah's future plans, so they are a very realistic trade partner....especially if Jonas opts out (although I don't think he will).

So many options, so little time...

Utah has NOTHING to offer the grizzlies now except Favors and 23 their young players aren't that special and they don't have a high pick. I wouldn't trade Mike there even if they were the only offer

Agreed on Utah. Their last real chance was at the deadline. There is nothing for them to offer now.

I think at the floor, the Grizzlies have a deal with DET for Jackson, Leuer, and 15. Detroit is a team that would make that trade on draft night since they don't have to wait on free agency to see what their roster will become. At 15 there would be interesting options like Rui Hachimura, Kevin Porter Jr., Nasir Little, Bruno Fernando, and maybe even Bol Bol.

Those Jackson and Leuer will both add up to almost 30 million in expiring contracts so I would be okay with that. I don't want the Grizzlies to trade Mike and bring back long deals. We have the young core starting and can remold the team much faster with tons of cap space.

3 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

The 11th pick alone is better than the trash in that trade. Exum isn't good and he just had knee surgery again the rest of the trade is a collection of bench players. And the last pick in the 1st round. 

Talk about giving Conley away for peanuts.

Yep. If we did Conley for #11 straight up I wouldn't be mad. That other deal is a whole lotta nada.

3 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

The 11th pick alone is better than the trash in that trade. Exum isn't good and he just had knee surgery again the rest of the trade is a collection of bench players. And the last pick in the 1st round. 

Talk about giving Conley away for peanuts.

The 11th pick this year is most likely a bench player. Grayson Allen would be the 11th pick this year. I'd still want to get more back from Milwaukee since they are trying to dump Snell anyway. DJ Wilson or Divencenzo would work. 

I'd rather have Favors than exum anyway as well. I guess there's more "upside" with exum, but injuries are a problem. 

Yea Grayson wouldn't go 11 in this draft the whole this draft is trash thing is completely annoying cause as soon as some player outside of the lottery blows up then there will be a stupid discussion of how this draft may not have been so bad after all.

There have only been a few drafts where the talent truly was bad but most of the time people are wrong about how good or bad a draft is. There definitely are players I'd rather have at 11 than any of the guys mention in that 3 team deal. You bring up Dante and DJ Wilson what have either of them done that would make you say he'd be a good player here. 

The TWolves trade is the type of deal that makes sense for Conley especially if you can get them to add another young piece similar to the deals they were getting at the deadline. 

mike conley to the rockets, chris paul to the lakers. lakers' 4th pick to the grizz

as much as I want to flip mike for a top 10 pick. I wouldn't be mad if we keep him and made a playoff push before the trade deadline for one last whorah with the guy.

25 minutes ago, First Team All Memphis said:

mike conley to the rockets, chris paul to the lakers. lakers' 4th pick to the grizz

as much as I want to flip mike for a top 10 pick. I wouldn't be mad if we keep him and made a playoff push before the trade deadline for one last whorah with the guy.

I bet mike would flourish under dantoni as Harden's robin

for the 4th pick...both sides would win in this scenario

and LeBron gets his gf Chrissy Paul 

everybody would be happy 

47 minutes ago, First Team All Memphis said:

Somebody send this to Rob Pelinka, quick!

24 minutes ago, guillermo said:

I bet mike would flourish under dantoni as Harden's robin

for the 4th pick...both sides would win in this scenario

and LeBron gets his gf Chrissy Paul 

everybody would be happy 

my point exactly. people talk about paul's contract as being a deterent, but if they lose out on other FA and want to keep lebum happy why not?

If I was the Lakers, i'd probably prefer Conley over Paul, because of the contract. Paul's deal is longer and more expensive and they'd still be paying him crazy money after lebron's contract is over. 

Problem with a lot of these deals, draft is before the free agency dominoes fall. Better hope LAL draft someone we'd like at 4 because they won't know what they're doing with that pick until after June 30th (unless they get AD)

6 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

If I was the Lakers, i'd probably prefer Conley over Paul, because of the contract. Paul's deal is longer and more expensive and they'd still be paying him crazy money after lebron's contract is over. 

Problem with a lot of these deals, draft is before the free agency dominoes fall. Better hope LAL draft someone we'd like at 4 because they won't know what they're doing with that pick until after June 30th (unless they get AD)

facts. that's what leads me to believe that either right before, on, or right after the draft, that 4th pick gets moved. I don't think theres anyway the lakers bring in another young guy with that pick.

18 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

There are usually trades that are agreed to prior (and even during) the draft that can't be completed until after free agency has opened. That's how the Grizzlies got Pau Gasol. He was drafted by Atlanta but the Grizzlies told them who to draft. 

4 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

There are usually trades that are agreed to prior (and even during) the draft that can't be completed until after free agency has opened. That's how the Grizzlies got Pau Gasol. He was drafted by Atlanta but the Grizzlies told them who to draft. 

Yeah but they won't know if they are getting Kemba or whoever by draft night, so they might be reluctant to trade for someone when they think they could get a better player in free agency. 

The proposed Utah deal is complete garbage but 3 team deals are the way to go.   If we deal with MIA (dragic), MIL(Bledsoe),  or DET(Jackson) they all have incumbent PG's that could potentially be steered to other teams for additional assets.   Reggie and Bledsoe are both 29y so they fit closer to the timeline of Bulls, Suns, or Magics players , who all have need of PG upgrades.   Dragic was on Utah radar this past trade deadline. 

Sad truth is that the teams with real interest in Conley don't have many good assets.  3Team deal is the only real way to get most value from him. 

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

The proposed Utah deal is complete garbage but 3 team deals are the way to go.   If we deal with MIA (dragic), MIL(Bledsoe),  or DET(Jackson) they all have incumbent PG's that could potentially be steered to other teams for additional assets.   Reggie and Bledsoe are both 29y so they fit closer to the timeline of Bulls, Suns, or Magics players , who all have need of PG upgrades.   Dragic was on Utah radar this past trade deadline. 

Sad truth is that the teams with real interest in Conley don't have many good assets.  3Team deal is the only real way to get most value from him. 

I dont know that Bledsoe can be traded since he just signed an extension to avoid free agency.

19 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I dont know that Bledsoe can be traded since he just signed an extension to avoid free agency.

Oh i forgot about that..

I would see if MIA is willing to do a Justise + Dragic + Olynk for Conley then flip Dragic to Utah for Favors + #23.        Winslow is right in Ja JJJ window and Olynk + Favors are useful vets that can play alongside JJJ.   #23 can be used to take a gamble on high upside player. 

Nine days to go and the trade suggestions are getting sillier by the hour. 

First off, we don't trade Mike for another PG the same age unless we get a HIGH pick too. 

Second, when you're holding three real starters  (Jaren, Ja, Mike) you don't trade one of them for three role players of whom two won't finish the season on the team.          {I omit JV from the discussion for now 'cos he seems 50-50 depending on coach}

Mike has to bring a younger rotation regular AND a pick who might not be a regular right away but probably could next year.
OR a surprise like Siakam-a-year-ago. 

15 hours ago, Father Pat said:

I have to agree. I wouldn't be surprised to see Boston calling when Kyrie leaves. They have 3 first rounders and the Grizzlies still owe them another. I doubt that Ainge see's Rozier as their answer. Horford has only 2 years left and just turned 33. Their best pick this year is # 14. Hopefully the Grizzlies can do better than that, but a Boston deal would probably be better than the three team deal mentioned above.

Boston or the Phoenix 6 pick is my hope. I think it’s too optimistic to get our pick back from Boston plus Hayward, but from the Grizz side, of course, I like it.

PHX is interesting if we can get their 6 pick they are shopping for a veteran point guard. We’d go all in on the new Grizz youth movement and it would take the sting out of losing next year’s pick outside the top 6. Maybe we can get them to throw Jackson in (dreaming here most likely)?

There’s also Chicago at the 7. I like picking up Culver or the best big available at the 6/7 spot. Keep enough cap space to sign Malcom Brogdon. We become the new, hot, rising young team

2 hours ago, Back2Grizzness said:

Boston or the Phoenix 6 pick is my hope. I think it’s too optimistic to get our pick back from Boston plus Hayward, but from the Grizz side, of course, I like it.

PHX is interesting if we can get their 6 pick they are shopping for a veteran point guard. We’d go all in on the new Grizz youth movement and it would take the sting out of losing next year’s pick outside the top 6. Maybe we can get them to throw Jackson in (dreaming here most likely)?

There’s also Chicago at the 7. I like picking up Culver or the best big available at the 6/7 spot. Keep enough cap space to sign Malcom Brogdon. We become the new, hot, rising young team

I dont know about signing a pg like Brogdon when you're about to draft Morant. I know he can play some two guard but that his natural position so id doubt he'd sign big here to play out of position. if my is gone, Morant is gonna come in and play 35 min a night from jump

2 hours ago, First Team All Memphis said:

I dont know about signing a pg like Brogdon when you're about to draft Morant. I know he can play some two guard but that his natural position so id doubt he'd sign big here to play out of position. if my is gone, Morant is gonna come in and play 35 min a night from jump

Yeah...I hear you about Brogdon but at 6’5, he has the size...he’s the best, non-max, young FA that I could think of right now to pair in the backcourt with JA. He can help take some pressure off a rookie NBA PG

7 hours ago, TimBC said:

First off, we don't trade Mike for another PG the same age unless we get a HIGH pick too. 

Second, when you're holding three real starters  (Jaren, Ja, Mike) you don't trade one of them for three role players of whom two won't finish the season on the team.          {I omit JV from the discussion for now 'cos he seems 50-50 depending on coach}

Mike has to bring a younger rotation regular AND a pick who might not be a regular right away but probably could next year.

Sensible post.

Agree with that. Trading Mike for a same age PG does not make any sense. 

IF we got some salary space, good first round pick + 1 non garbage player,  then go for it. But i really do hope Mike will saty as we will have great 3 role players if it goes this way.

7 hours ago, TimBC said:

Im starting to think JV bails