Ole Dirty Klondike

Mike Alex Conley Jr. Will Be Traded to Utah

1 hour ago, Grizz&Grind said:

Saw something on B/R this weekend about a proposal with Minnesota.

Mike and filler to the T-Wolves for Dieng, Okogie, Teague, and the 11th pick.

FWIW

Dont see Okogie coming back.

3 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

We could trade for Tauren this Summer.  ATL is trying to move on from him.  

Atl has 2 first rounders and 3 second round picks this year. They will be dealing with somebody.

I would be comfortable with Prince starting at 3. I feel like his game is starting to come together. I’m surprised ATL is so quick to move on from him.

1 hour ago, The Stro Show said:

I would be comfortable with Prince starting at 3. I feel like his game is starting to come together. I’m surprised ATL is so quick to move on from him.

Agreed 

Don't have the assets to trade for him I kind of want to see how Dillon and Dorsey play together but I could see the Grizz not bringing Tyler back.

1 minute ago, Ndq0327 said:

Don't have the assets to trade for him I kind of want to see how Dillon and Dorsey play together but I could see the Grizz not bringing Tyler back.

Same thing I was thinking but it'd be nice if we could swing him

5 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

I would do that to get Okogie...

Eh, I guess he's a decent player, but he had just a horrific year offensively. He's young and defends well.  

4 hours ago, Dwash said:

Dont see Okogie coming back.

I'd stay far away from that deal if he doesn't. Teague is worthless but excluding, Dieng is worthless but has 2 more years at 15 million. The 11th pick this year isn't worth that much. 

6 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

I'd stay far away from that deal if he doesn't. Teague is worthless but excluding, Dieng is worthless but has 2 more years at 15 million. The 11th pick this year isn't worth that much. 

Agreed on Teague and Dieng. They would be included for salary matching purposes only. Also agree on Okogie, I think he's going to be a fine player down the road.

However, I'd still do the deal if he's not included. I would whole heartedly welcome a Romeo Langford or Brandon Clarke to this young team. I personally don't think we're going to do a whole lot better than that. 

Hopefully I'm just being cynical and will be proven wrong. 

19 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

But... this is a good trade to use to play other teams interested in Conley. Tell them to beat this deal.

12 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

i thought about that, but if they get off of Ball's contract they may have enough to absorb Conley and sign a max FA. I'd be surprised if they draw FAs there. The Clippers have a better chance of getting better FA imo. Outside of Kyrie Irving, what FA PG can they sign who is better than Conley? Sounds like Kemba is looking to stay in CHA. They would have enough money to sign someone else to a max contract. 

If I’m a free agent and wanna be in LA, I’m going to the Clips. Balmer seems to be a Cuban-esque type of owner, Jerry West advising, Doc Rivers (decent), scrappy team...vs the Lakers current dumpster fire. Plus, why add to the Laker lore when you can possibly start your own with the Clips?

4 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

You can easily Flip Teague to PHX and Dieng though overpaid is a good backup big that won't have a problem being a guy on a rebuilding team. The deal is Conley will probably turn his nose up to going to Minny cause they aren't doing much better than the Grizz and I expect the Grizz to do their best to send Mike to a good team.

19 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

You can easily Flip Teague to PHX and Dieng though overpaid is a good backup big that won't have a problem being a guy on a rebuilding team. The deal is Conley will probably turn his nose up to going to Minny cause they aren't doing much better than the Grizz and I expect the Grizz to do their best to send Mike to a good team.

Conley will be paid 67 million for the next two seasons. Right now he is top ten in the NBA for salary over the next two years. That makes him very well compensated, too compensated to "turn his nose up" to any city.

The Grizzlies priority should be what's best for the franchise. End of story. Mike going to a good team should not be a consideration, only a coincidence. 

Just now, Father Pat said:

Conley will be paid 67 million for the next two seasons. Right now he is top ten in the NBA for salary over the next two years. That makes him very well compensated, too compensated to "turn his nose up" to any city.

The Grizzlies priority should be what's best for the franchise. End of story. Mike going to a good team should not be a consideration, only a coincidence. 

I agree 100% but I think the Grizz are going to do the opposite of what they should do in a Conley deal. 

https://www.inquisitr.com/5467072/nba-rumors-bucks-could-acquire-mike-conley-in-three-team-deal-with-grizzlies-and-jazz-per-bleacher-report/

Article proposes a three team deal with Us, the Bucks, and the Jazz. Bucks get Conley, we get Exum, Snell, Grayson Allen, and #30, the Jazz get Bledsoe. 

Honestly, it could work. Three potential role players and a pick is pretty good. 

2 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

https://www.inquisitr.com/5467072/nba-rumors-bucks-could-acquire-mike-conley-in-three-team-deal-with-grizzlies-and-jazz-per-bleacher-report/

Article proposes a three team deal with Us, the Bucks, and the Jazz. Bucks get Conley, we get Exum, Snell, Grayson Allen, and #30, the Jazz get Bledsoe. 

Honestly, it could work. Three potential role players and a pick is pretty good. 

The is the worst package we could possibly get as far as I can tell

1 minute ago, srmjr23 said:

The is the worst package we could possibly get as far as I can tell

And that's where you are wrong, Dieng Teague and 11th is worse. Even with Okogie it's probably not as good. This is also the most realistic one we can get. 

1 minute ago, Rdk4121 said:

And that's where you are wrong

Excellent analysis. The 30th pick is virtually useless. Dante Exum is perpetually injured and Allen is whatever. We could easily get as high as the 6th-7th pick. This is a garbage deal.

Just now, srmjr23 said:

Excellent analysis. The 30th pick is virtually useless. Dante Exum is perpetually injured and Allen is whatever. We could easily get as high as the 6th-7th pick. This is a garbage deal.

I wish we could get the 6th or 7th pick, but it's just not going to happen. If it does, then yes by all means take it. Allen is no worse than the 11th pick this year, Snell is decent, Exum at least has potential, and 30th is hit or miss, but at least there's a chance for a role player. 

"The is the worst package we could possibly get as far as I can tell" - Excellent analysis

28 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

I wish we could get the 6th or 7th pick, but it's just not going to happen. If it does, then yes by all means take it. Allen is no worse than the 11th pick this year, Snell is decent, Exum at least has potential, and 30th is hit or miss, but at least there's a chance for a role player. 

"The is the worst package we could possibly get as far as I can tell" - Excellent analysis

Of the proposed packages this has been the absolute worst of them. The only benefit to this trade is we send Mike to a good team, and that's also whatever.

22 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

Of the proposed packages this has been the absolute worst of them. The only benefit to this trade is we send Mike to a good team, and that's also whatever.

I have to agree. I wouldn't be surprised to see Boston calling when Kyrie leaves. They have 3 first rounders and the Grizzlies still owe them another. I doubt that Ainge see's Rozier as their answer. Horford has only 2 years left and just turned 33. Their best pick this year is # 14. Hopefully the Grizzlies can do better than that, but a Boston deal would probably be better than the three team deal mentioned above.

3 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Sorry brother, but Exum is finished, he is broken like Parsons. He may never play regular NBA mins ever again

47 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Sorry brother, but Exum is finished, he is broken like Parsons. He may never play regular NBA mins ever again

Agree with that. Exum is not a good choice at all. Let's wait the draft and see which will make an offer for Mike. I hope  we have sonme great choices. And if not, we can still keep Mike here, it won't be a disaster for us.

Although I'm not a fan of the proposed 3 way trade, it got me thinking there may be other deals out there where we can have multiple teams involved.

OKC is supposedly trying to move their 1st Round Pick (21st), so maybe they can be used as part of a trade.

Also, the idea of trading Conley to Milwaukee is intriguing.  If they had had Conley this year instead of Bledsoe, they would be in the finals and could very realistically beat the banged up Warriors.

Ricky Rubio is stating that he is not a part of Utah's future plans, so they are a very realistic trade partner....especially if Jonas opts out (although I don't think he will).

So many options, so little time...

5 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

And that's where you are wrong, Dieng Teague and 11th is worse. Even with Okogie it's probably not as good. This is also the most realistic one we can get. 

The 11th pick alone is better than the trash in that trade. Exum isn't good and he just had knee surgery again the rest of the trade is a collection of bench players. And the last pick in the 1st round. 

Talk about giving Conley away for peanuts.