Ole Dirty Klondike

Mike Alex Conley Jr. Will Be Traded to Utah

With Conley's The Athletic interview and the fact that he supposedly was going to get traded before the deadline, I think it's a pretty good assumption that he will be traded this summer. my question is...where? Are there any really good situations for us to trade Conley? At first glance, teh following destinations come to mind:

• Boston- This is an interesting one because i think this is Kyrie Irving's last year with Boston. He has a player option for next year. I could see him bouncing and going somewhere else next year. They would need a PG. Would a Conley for Hayward trade interest anyone? Hayward fits the getting injured player model that the Grizz love and would give us a starting SF. Clearly this year was Hayward getting back to form but it was hard for him to fit in with Irving and Tatum and Brown. I think he'll be in the upper teens/low 20's in ppg next year. Is it worth it?
  • Phoenix- Rumors out of PHX wanted them to get involved with Conley.They have a ton of young players and another lottery pick. would they trade TJ Warren and cap space to us for Conley and just absorb his contract?
  • Indiana- Would they just absorb Conley's contract and send us some draft picks back

Those are the teams that come to mind for me. Maybe, San Antonio would be a good fit but not sure if they have the assets to trade.

Any thoughts on where he could end up?

I'd be disappointed if MC ended up in Phoenix or any other borderline EC playoff team, I think he'd be disappointed and rather just stay in Memphis.

The thing is, he did sacrifice his stats by playing with the big guys that got him to the playoffs, but that's what's going to happen if he goes somewhere.  He's going to take a backseat to a better player or 2 (hurts his stats) or if he is the top player, the team won't be much better than here, especially if they have to give up something of value to get him.

I would add Bucks to the list, and possibly Rapors. I think Pistons are still in play, but that would just be "making noise".

Also: I think a lot can happen before the season starts.  The right coach talking to him and some smart moves put this Grizzlies team on the same level as Indiana.

I still would prefer MC in Beale St Blue if all that is coming back is a couple late first round picks.

I will take some Phoenix pick or Hayward plus a pick. Indiana would have a tough time absorbing Conley's deal and still filling out the roster. Plus their assets are really not worth it.

14 minutes ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

conley cant just be trade anywhere...the money has to work...and there are very few team that works with.

Where did I say you can trade him for anything? All of those trades work moneywise with the exception of SA which I said they may not have the assets

14 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I will take some Phoenix pick or Hayward plus a pick. Indiana would have a tough time absorbing Conley's deal and still filling out the roster. Plus their assets are really not worth it.

I think Hayward is the most intriguing and would help with team.Might be able to get our pick back.

18 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Where did I say you can trade him for anything? All of those trades work moneywise with the exception of SA which I said they may not have the assets

i wasnt even speaking to you...just making a statement.

Whoever gives the best picks and cap relief

26 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I think Hayward is the most intriguing and would help with team.Might be able to get our pick back.

To me Hayward is exactly what teams like Memphis should do. Everyone here says they dont want to become horrible so you get a guy who could potentially be an Allstar level player again. You have ample opportunity for him to be that guy again. Similar to JV you are giving him a chance that winning teams wouldnt give him. Then next offseason move him for something before he walks away.

If you keep you pick you pick a guy like Garland or maybe get lucky and land Morant at the pg spot. If you convey ask for this years pick plus another future pick or the Kings pick.

33 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

lol, mike for hayward, boston would do that deal so fast it would make your head spin. mike is 2 levels above hayward. lol

We should trade Conley for picks and do not take bad salary in the process. If Conley really wants to go. 

Depending on how the ping pong balls bounce, Boston might have picks at 14, 20, and 22.  Even if we get a player I want at least 14 and either 20 or 22.  

This year, 8, 14, and 20 might all have equal value.  

If we do that then I would start Delon Wright, Justin Holiday, Hayward (from Boston), Jaren, and Jonas with a bench led by Bruno, Kyle, a few 2019 first rounders, and Noah as the obligatory veteran off the bench.  

Garland, White, Kevin Porter Jr., or DeAndre Hunter at 8 with Tyler Herro/Bruno Fernando as the Boston picks would give us some nice pieces to augment our young core.  With multiple picks it could also allow you to roll the dice on Bol Bol.

4 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

Conley and second for LeBron

no way

4 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

Conley to Indy for Sabonis and Oladipo.

very good move

the grizzlies need exp contract  and draft picks to save this team from moving , its time to start  over and lets see if this new management team can do it  good luck were all rooting for them 

I think the Boston deal makes the most sense they would do Conley for Hayward if they knew Kyrie wasn't coming back 

Conley for Hayward and one of Boston's picks this year in the 20's....they won't give us our pick back and I doubt they would give up their lottery pick either. 

The Phoenix deal sounds nice but if the team is putting any emotion behind this move they won't send conley to a bad team. I think he gets moved somewhere in the east

Any team that he puts/keeps a team in a top 4 seed. So Pacers, Jazz, Lakers, maybe Sixers, maybe Nuggets, maybe Celtics depending on what happens with Kyrie.

Anyone suggesting the Suns ask one question; why would they want Conley over Morant?

A Boston deal or Indy deal.   I am out on the Lakers because of health issues with Lonzo and Ingram.    Plus i don't want Conley in the West.   I am sure Pera will make sure he goes somewhere he has a chance to make AllStar game. 

I can't see Bos giving up Hayward or Memphis asking for him.   He is older than Bradley and wouldn't be a happy soldier coming here.   FO already said they plan on looking at longterm view and building around Jaren.    How does adding Hayward help that?   Plus he is coming off serious injury and getting paid bigtime (2 more years at 30+).   Besides he is finally looking healthy and fitting in with BOS.     I see them pushing Rozier or Smart on us and shedding our pick and the lower first rd ones.   We should push to do Rozier + Brown.    They don't have to match salaries with us to take on Conley because Kyrie is a UFA.    I only want to deal with BOS if we get our pick back and one of their decent young guys.   Not interested in Hayward. 

Dark horse would be Chicago if they get Zion.   Then they are just a PG away from being a factor in the East again. 

37 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

I think the Boston deal makes the most sense they would do Conley for Hayward if they knew Kyrie wasn't coming back 

Conley for Hayward and one of Boston's picks this year in the 20's....they won't give us our pick back and I doubt they would give up their lottery pick either. 

The Phoenix deal sounds nice but if the team is putting any emotion behind this move they won't send conley to a bad team. I think he gets moved somewhere in the east

They won't get conley for that. I can guarantee you that and if this front office makes a deal for a random first rounder + allowing boston to shed Hayward's ridiculous deal, you can bet this team will be the laughingstock of the nba.

Conley is worth more than Lebron James at this point. He's worth more than Paul George and Chris Paul, he's better than Lowry and Kyrie by miles.

LOL, but please boston, please give us the 20th pick in the draft for a prime conley. By the way, when conley leaves and we get worse, only a truly new age nba fan could think that getting extremely worse is a part of a trade.

Why don't we just let every team rob us blind so that we can truly suck, that makes a whole lot of sense. 

Conley deals....

1. Mike Conley for Timofey Movgov, Markelle Fultz, #16 pick (Orlando)

2. Mike Conley for Jeff Teague, Gorgui Dieng, #10 pick, 2020 1st (Minnesota)

3. Mike Conley for Derrick Favors, Kyle Korver, #23, 2020 1st (Utah)

4. Mike COnley for Reggie Jackson, Jon Leur, #15, 2020 1st (Detroit)

5. Mike Conley for Tyler Johnson, Josh Jackson, 2019 2nd Rounder, Milwaukee's 2020 1st (Phoenix)

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

They won't get conley for that. I can guarantee you that and if this front office makes a deal for a random first rounder + allowing boston to shed Hayward's ridiculous deal, you can bet this team will be the laughingstock of the nba.

Conley is worth more than Lebron James at this point. He's worth more than Paul George and Chris Paul, he's better than Lowry and Kyrie by miles.

LOL, but please boston, please give us the 20th pick in the draft for a prime conley. By the way, when conley leaves and we get worse, only a truly new age nba fan could think that getting extremely worse is a part of a trade.

Why don't we just let every team rob us blind so that we can truly suck, that makes a whole lot of sense. 

3 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Conley deals....

1. Mike Conley for Timofey Movgov, Markelle Fultz, #16 pick (Orlando)

2. Mike Conley for Jeff Teague, Gorgui Dieng, #10 pick, 2020 1st (Minnesota)

3. Mike Conley for Derrick Favors, Kyle Korver, #23, 2020 1st (Utah)

4. Mike COnley for Reggie Jackson, Jon Leur, #15, 2020 1st (Detroit)

5. Mike Conley for Tyler Johnson, Josh Jackson, 2019 2nd Rounder, Milwaukee's 2020 1st (Phoenix)

Two extremes. One thinks Conley for Gannis is fair deal. The other thinks Conley for Jon Leur.