Ole Dirty Klondike

Grizz Trade Conley, Will Retire His Jersey

52 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Maybe you could do a big board of free agent targets and update it every day.

That's not a bad idea. I might. Would have to do it after the draft stuff settles out though.  

Yeah, it would be better as a big board and would be dependent on fit.  We would probably still need help at the 2 unless we get RJ Barrett in the top 3 or Herro/Porter Jr/Coby White at 8.  A cheap shot blocker off the bench would help. We could use another big man even if we draft Zion or Bol.  In this era you have to limit bigs' minutes.  I wouldn't go over 30 a night.  On average probably closer to 25.  

25 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

That's not a bad idea. I might. Would have to do it after the draft stuff settles out though.  

Yeah, it would be better as a big board and would be dependent on fit.  We would probably still need help at the 2 unless we get RJ Barrett in the top 3 or Herro/Porter Jr/Coby White at 8.  A cheap shot blocker off the bench would help. We could use another big man even if we draft Zion or Bol.  In this era you have to limit bigs' minutes.  I wouldn't go over 30 a night.  On average probably closer to 25.  

You got work to do.

10 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Regardless - no matter if we trade Conley to Celts or not.   Jaylen Brown should be number one target.    6'7' athletic, slasher that defends well and can play multiple positions!?!?  

Exactly! 

Gonna post the scenarios i have seen on Grizzly Bear Blues in regards to potential Conley deals

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2019/5/10/18564156/the-value-of-mike-conley-western-contenders-utah-jazz-denver-nuggets-nba-trade-memphis-grizzlies

• DENVER: Gary Harris, Mason Plumlee, 2021 1st round pick (Lottery protected, becomes two 2nd round picks in 2023 and 2024 if it does not convey)
  • UTAH: Royce O’Neale, Grayson Allen, 2020 1st round pick (protected 1-4 and 15-30 in 2020, protected 1-4 and 23-30 in 2021, unprotected in 2022), 2023 2nd round pick
  • PHOENIX: Josh Jackson, T.J. Warren, 2020 1st round pick from Milwaukee Bucks (protected top 10 and #17-30 in 2018, top 3 and #17-30 in 2019, top 7 in 2020, unprotected in 2021)
  • L.A. LAKERS: Josh Hart, 2019 1st Round Pick (assumed #11 overall), 2020 1st round pick (Lottery protected, becomes two 2nd round picks in 2022/2023 if not conveyed)
  • L.A. LAKERS: Lonzo Ball, 2019 1st Round Pick (assumed #11 overall)
  • NEW YORK: Frank Ntilikina, 2019 2nd round pick (via Houston), 2020 1st round pick (top-8 protected 2020, unprotected 2021)
  • DETROIT: Reggie Jackson, Jon Leuer, Langston Galloway, 2019 1st round pick (15 overall), 2020 1st round pick (top-8 protected 2020, unprotected 2021)
  • Philadelphia (Zhaire Smith, the rights to the 2019 1st round pick from Philadelphia (24th overall), 2021 1st round pick from Philadelphia (Lottery protected, becomes two 2nd round picks in 2023 and 2024 if not conveyed)
  • Indiana (Domantas Sabonis, Doug McDermott, 2020 1st Round Pick (Lottery protected 2020, becomes two 2nd round picks in 2022 and 2023 if not conveyed)

Which one of those seems the most tantalizing?

None of those make me really happy

On 5/10/2019 at 11:46 AM, GrizzTigerFan said:

Gonna post the scenarios i have seen on Grizzly Bear Blues in regards to potential Conley deals

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2019/5/10/18564156/the-value-of-mike-conley-western-contenders-utah-jazz-denver-nuggets-nba-trade-memphis-grizzlies

• DENVER: Gary Harris, Mason Plumlee, 2021 1st round pick (Lottery protected, becomes two 2nd round picks in 2023 and 2024 if it does not convey)
  • UTAH: Royce O’Neale, Grayson Allen, 2020 1st round pick (protected 1-4 and 15-30 in 2020, protected 1-4 and 23-30 in 2021, unprotected in 2022), 2023 2nd round pick
  • PHOENIX: Josh Jackson, T.J. Warren, 2020 1st round pick from Milwaukee Bucks (protected top 10 and #17-30 in 2018, top 3 and #17-30 in 2019, top 7 in 2020, unprotected in 2021)
  • L.A. LAKERS: Josh Hart, 2019 1st Round Pick (assumed #11 overall), 2020 1st round pick (Lottery protected, becomes two 2nd round picks in 2022/2023 if not conveyed)
  • NEW YORK: Frank Ntilikina, 2019 2nd round pick (via Houston), 2020 1st round pick (top-8 protected 2020, unprotected 2021)
  • DETROIT: Reggie Jackson, Jon Leuer, Langston Galloway, 2019 1st round pick (15 overall), 2020 1st round pick (top-8 protected 2020, unprotected 2021)
  • Philadelphia (Zhaire Smith, the rights to the 2019 1st round pick from Philadelphia (24th overall), 2021 1st round pick from Philadelphia (Lottery protected, becomes two 2nd round picks in 2023 and 2024 if not conveyed)
  • Indiana (Domantas Sabonis, Doug McDermott, 2020 1st Round Pick (Lottery protected 2020, becomes two 2nd round picks in 2022 and 2023 if not conveyed)

Really don't like any of these. The PHX one is the closest because you get a starter and guy who can score in Warren as well as a future 1st but Warren has had injury issues throughout his career and the Bucks will be good for awhile so that 1st rounder will be in the 20s. 

Out of these I probably like Indy option the most. Sabonis ir ready to be a starter and can compensate for JJJ weakneses and alleviate the loss of Conley playmaking - like Mike Gasol-lite, but not afraid to go and bang at the basket. McDermott can be a veteran bench guy, the picks probably won't be up there but we're not getting high picks in any other of these trades either.

On 5/10/2019 at 11:46 AM, GrizzTigerFan said:

Ryen Russillo on the Bill Simmons podcast said that the Sixers need to strongly consider trading Ben Simmons to Memphis for Conley.  Simmons hasn't developed the outside shot and/or won't shoot, especially in key points.

I don't think that is realistic because Simmons is still pretty cheap, but I'm not sure I want a pg that can't shoot an outside shot.

22 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Ryen Russillo on the Bill Simmons podcast said that the Sixers need to strongly consider trading Ben Simmons to Memphis for Conley.  Simmons hasn't developed the outside shot and/or won't shoot, especially in key points.

I don't think that is realistic because Simmons is still pretty cheap, but I'm not sure I want a pg that can't shoot an outside shot.

Gimme Simmons for Conley  all day.    Play him at PF and move Jaren to C.   Flush anybody else on the roster that can't shoot 3s at .35% clip and get a staff that convinces Simmons to shoot.  

I was willing to take a flier on Fultz so no way in Hades would I pass up on Simmons.   

1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

If i'm the Sixers I trade Simmons for Jrue Holiday. The Pels should jump on that as well.

1 hour ago, CoolHandGriz said:

If i'm the Sixers I trade Simmons for Jrue Holiday. The Pels should jump on that as well.

Simmons is a modern age big. I would deal Embiid for a haul.

23 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Any trade with Denver should include Michael Porter, Jr. If they balk, keep it moving

Yeah that's not going to happen under any circumstance.

The Denver trade is probably our best bet, Phoenix being 2nd. The 76ers are going to have to look long and hard into trading Simmons. He's the downfall of their team currently. We do already have the poor man's version of Simmons with Kyle Anderson, who we'll need to trade if we did acquire him. Can't have that little amount of shooting on the court at once. 

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

omg these fantasy Conley proposals. Get real.

Conley can’t get Luke Kennard but he can get Ben Simmons😂

I would trade anyone not named Jaren Jackson for Ben Simmons but I don't think there's any way that Philly would agree to that. 

If we trade Mike for Simmonds we wont need to trade Parsons for LeBron

5 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Yeah that's not going to happen under any circumstance.

Like i said, if they balk, keep it moving. 

Conley won't get us anything special so you may as well ask. The worst they can do is say no. 

Porter Jr., Plumlee, Barton, 2020 1st

for:

Conley, Dillon Brooks, Rabb

- Memphis gets two good players on reasonable contracts, a 1st in a year where we wouldn't otherwise have one, and a potential-laden prospect in Porter Jr.

- Denver gets a 4th all-star level player with Millsap, Jokic, and Murray, Brooks and Rabb provide cheap depth, they keep they're 2019 1st to further help round out the roster as they make a run for a championship.

Grizzlies:

Wright, Carter

Barton, Bradley

Anderson, Porter Jr., Parsons, Watanabe

Jackson Jr., Porter Jr.

Valunciunas, Plumlee

Nuggets:

Conley, Morris

Murray, Harris, Beasley

Craig, Brooks

Millsap, Hernangomez, Lydon

Jokic, Rabb

1 hour ago, tennesseessio said:

Porter Jr., Plumlee, Barton, 2020 1st

for:

Conley, Dillon Brooks, Rabb

- Memphis gets two good players on reasonable contracts, a 1st in a year where we wouldn't otherwise have one, and a potential-laden prospect in Porter Jr.

- Denver gets a 4th all-star level player with Millsap, Jokic, and Murray, Brooks and Rabb provide cheap depth, they keep they're 2019 1st to further help round out the roster as they make a run for a championship.

Grizzlies:

Wright, Carter

Barton, Bradley

Anderson, Porter Jr., Parsons, Watanabe

Jackson Jr., Porter Jr.

Valunciunas, Plumlee

Nuggets:

Conley, Morris

Murray, Harris, Beasley

Craig, Brooks

Millsap, Hernangomez, Lydon

Jokic, Rabb

Did you cut Caboclo or just an oversight?