Ole Dirty Klondike

Grizz Trade Conley, Will Retire His Jersey

Just now, toocoolkellz said:

They'll change course if they don't land one, if they can't get Ad they're under pressure to do something to appease LeBron and their fanbase.  They'll make a move regardless if they get a big name or

The big signing will be a free agent. Fans wont accept moving big assets for Conley.

6 minutes ago, Dwash said:

The big signing will be a free agent. Fans wont accept moving big assets for Conley.

Whos this big free agent? They've accepted being trash for years,  they're desperate now

3 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Whos this big free agent? They've accepted being trash for years,  they're desperate now

it could be a Walker or Cousins. Just spend the cap space. But if they have no young assets to trade, no cap space and a mediocre team with Conley as your second best player...wont fly

don’t assume mc not coming back. if the offers are not advantageous for griz, then mike is just fine coming back. he’d be a huge help in helping convey next summer and he’s a hell of a player. 

slim.

6 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

don’t assume mc not coming back. if the offers are not advantageous for griz, then mike is just fine coming back. he’d be a huge help in helping convey next summer and he’s a hell of a player. 

slim.

I prefer to give Ja all the rope in the world like the Hawks did for Trae Young this year. I'm actually not that upset about our unprotected pick now because we have the chance to develop a legit superstar with this pick.

In my opinion we gotta be about nothing but Ja and Jaren for the next five years.

17 minutes ago, Dwash said:

it could be a Walker or Cousins. Just spend the cap space. But if they have no young assets to trade, no cap space and a mediocre team with Conley as your second best player...wont fly

They have kuzma and Ingram,  cousins is injured again, they'd be a fool to put full eggs in that basket, Walker and Conley would be equal but we'll see,  Walker may want to go to a proven playoff team like Boston,  that leaves who? 

4 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

I prefer to give Ja all the rope in the world like the Hawks did for Trae Young this year. I'm actually not that upset about our unprotected pick now because we have the chance to develop a legit superstar with this pick.

In my opinion we gotta be about nothing but Ja and Jaren for the next five years.

+++ 10000

14 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

slim.

Why do you think Mike would be fine coming back? I mean, didn't he mention that he wanted to play where he would contend? I don't think getting a lottery pick will automatically make us contend next year.

Also, how much did he help us convey this year? Conley is Conley. He's a solid player but I think this board really think he is better than he actually is. 

17 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

so, odk....you want him gone no matter the return?

slim. 

Depends. I mean, you rarely get equal return. The question is, is there a trade that could help the Grizz in other areas. I don't see Conley giving us multiple good players back. As a matter of fact, with his salary, we will probably get a lot of filler. I think we should just be realistic and move on. I don't see him doing much to help us next year. Plus, he wants to move on. 

33 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

slim.

6 minutes ago, russian grizzly said:

Conley should stay. We gonna compete.

Mike said he doesn't want to be part of a rebuild.    He already handed the keys to Jaren.   Mike ain't trying to hang around to mentor his replacement??   He is still in his prime and wants a shot at a ring or AllStar berth.  

We will have our new foundation pieces and they literally play the same position as Mike + Marc did.   Time to let go of the past fellas and enjoy the new day.   

I think the Celtics make a lot of sense as a landing spot for Mike. Kyrie looks to be on his way out, and that team needs some leadership. They also have 2 lottery picks this year and obviously our 1st rounder next year. The pieces are there and it looks like a good fit for everyone.

Seems like if we're about to draft Point god we should be holding onto Conley as a safety net while he makes the adjustment to the pro game, even if it's just for a year and then he gets thrown to the wolves.  Handing the reigns to a rookie PG outright would be disaster for the other development we need to take place on the roster.

22 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Depends. I mean, you rarely get equal return. The question is, is there a trade that could help teh Grizz in other areas. I don't see Conley giving us multiple good players back. As a matter of fact, with his salary, we will probably get a lot of filler. I think we should just be realistic and move on. I don't se him doing much to help us next year. 

What if some team throws Delon a big contract, say $12MIL plus a year?

Are we still gonna match? Are we gonna let it go and keep Mike?

1 minute ago, BigHunkALove said:

He might get 3 years 12 million.

2 minutes ago, The Truth is OUT said:

Seems like if we're about to draft Point god we should be holding onto Conley as a safety net while he makes the adjustment to the pro game, even if it's just for a year and then he gets thrown to the wolves.  Handing the reigns to a rookie PG outright would be disaster for the other development we need to take place on the roster.

I don't agree with that. Let him learn and figure it out. Also, why keep Conley on the roster for $32 mil next season to be a safety net when Conley is ready to move on?

4 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

I have no clue what Wright's value is but this board has a bad habit of overvaluing its players (most fans do). Wright was nice for us while we were really not even trying to compete. That happens a lot and many times they never duplicate that success. With all of that being said, he is a solid backup PG but he's also 27 y/o, not sure how much better he would get. I would like to have him back but if someone overpays, oh well, they overpay. 

21 minutes ago, grizzfan12 said:

I think the Celtics make a lot of sense as a landing spot for Mike. Kyrie looks to be on his way out, and that team needs some leadership. They also have 2 lottery picks this year and obviously our 1st rounder next year. The pieces are there and it looks like a good fit for everyone.

Mike for Brown and our pick back. 

3 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I don't agree with that. Let him learn and figure it out. Also, why keep Conley on the roster for $32 mil next season to be a safety net when Conley is ready to move on?

I don't get these guys thinking, Conley all but said trade me.  It's no point in holding on to him.  If we can get one decent player in return and a draft pick we came out ahead. We are in a position to get younger in one night with a number 2vpick

2 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Plus Delon can be the safety net at a much cheaper price and can actually play the 2 alongside him.     No reason to overthink this people.    We need Jaren and Ja gaining chemistry as quickly as possible.   Did none of ya'll see Trae + Collins this past season??    I am resigning Delon because he would be a great backup PG once Ja fully establishes himself at the point.     

2 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I have no clue what Wright's value is but this board has a bad habit of overvaluing its players (most fans do). Wright was nice for us while we were really not even trying to compete. That happens a lot and many times they never duplicate that success. With all of that being said, he is a solid backup PG but he's also 27 y/o, not sure how much better he would get. I would like to have him back but if someone overpays, oh well, they overpay. 

Agree with this too,  I'd like him as a backup pg who can put up solid numbers,  but don't overpay.  My biggest question is what to do about our 2 and 3 spots

9 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Now we have a good chance of drafting JA, I think we have more leverage in re-signing Delon. He is no longer the backup plan if we trade Conley. He will be the backup PG for this team, a very solid backup PG. I don't think any team will give him the mid-level, so I am thinking we probably can get him back for a 5-6M per year for 3-4 years. 

2 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

I don't get these guys thinking, Conley all but said trade me.  It's no point in holding on to him.  If we can get one decent player in return and a draft pick we came out ahead. We are in a position to get younger in one night with a number 2vpick

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Plus Delon can be the safety net at a much cheaper price and can actually play the 2 alongside him.     No reason to overthink this people.    We need Jaren and Ja gaining chemistry as quickly as possible.   Did none of ya'll see Trae + Collins this past season??    I am resigning Delon because he would be a great backup PG once Ja fully establishes himself at the point.     

Exactly. People are overthinking this plus having too much sentimental value. Just start anew. 

for me it's just depends on what we got in return. I agree with the fact that keeping Mike is he want to go is not the best option. But im Grizzlies fan, not Mike fan. IF the team make a great deal, go ahead, if not keep Mike and convey.