PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan

The "Rebuild" is over guys...this team will compete next season.

1 minute ago, kevofrommempho said:

Moving goal posts.  It is evident that dominant centers can get plenty of endorsement deals.  Especially if they win.  

Not arguing that.  Shaq is the most glaring example.   I just think the game and exposure are now mostly geared towards perimeter types.  Seems to me that Jaren doesn't want to be pigeonholed as a 5. 

Our very own Dwight Howard has a signature shoe! (spoiler alert...it's with a shoe company called Peak I had never heard of before today)

21 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

and people for some reason keep thinking he is be groom to be a C

I think that was largely based on his shot blocking ability, that was the main skill he was known for coming into the league and typically your primary rim protector is your center. Plus the fact that the NBA in general is trending towards playing smaller now. But now that he is not playing for Izzo anymore and has been able to showcase some of his offensive skillset maybe people will back off of that a little. But I still think he has value as a center, the game has evolved and the 5 is not limited to the post anymore. When your center can hit threes and draw his defender out of the post it opens up the offense. He is a matchup nighmare for most 5s, he can take smaller centers in the post and biggercenters off the dribble if they try to gaurd him close and hit the j if they back off.

44 minutes ago, KyleB said:

I think that was largely based on his shot blocking ability, that was the main skill he was known for coming into the league and typically your primary rim protector is your center. Plus the fact that the NBA in general is trending towards playing smaller now. But now that he is not playing for Izzo anymore and has been able to showcase some of his offensive skillset maybe people will back off of that a little. But I still think he has value as a center, the game has evolved and the 5 is not limited to the post anymore. When your center can hit threes and draw his defender out of the post it opens up the offense. He is a matchup nighmare for most 5s, he can take smaller centers in the post and biggercenters off the dribble if they try to gaurd him close and hit the j if they back off.

This. Dunno why he'd be hesitant to play the 5 if we play 5 out ball and he gets to be on the perimeter anyway.

We all saw how Gasol was used here and in Toronto, and that seems to be the trend for versatile teams these days: have a center that can play anywhere on the floor, and is decent enough from 3 that it forces defenders to close and open up the lane when the defender is covering a C out at the 3 point line. 

2 hours ago, Zappastache said:

This. Dunno why he'd be hesitant to play the 5 if we play 5 out ball and he gets to be on the perimeter anyway.

We all saw how Gasol was used here and in Toronto, and that seems to be the trend for versatile teams these days: have a center that can play anywhere on the floor, and is decent enough from 3 that it forces defenders to close and open up the lane when the defender is covering a C out at the 3 point line. 

2 hours ago, KyleB said:

who we talking about, JV?  someone else?

7 minutes ago, Lugan Village said:

who we talking about, JV?  someone else?

Jaren

On 7/26/2019 at 9:25 PM, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

bhroyal - been posting here forever and this is the one time that I disagree with you- wholeheartedly...(but respectfully)

😬

he is valuable to Memphis as a vet and even more important to the disadvantaged Memphian’s whose MLG&W bills that he STILL pays. 

NBA players respect what he has done as well. 

I’m going FULL FAN now ( I know - never go full fan) BUT we had our first taste of success when he got here and could argue our last taste as well.

His skills have never been based on his athleticism - we ALL know that my man couldn’t jump over a phone book . His value was his tuffness and his heart . 

I think there are ALOT of players that have value because of WHERE they play and who they play for (and with ) .

So the fact that no other team picked him up doesn’t mean that he’s no valuable.

first name 20 last name 10 ( and yes - I do know that at least 5 or 6 of his rebounds were off of his own misses 🙃 but still ) 

# feed50

#zbounds

He would help sell tickets and jerseys at the very least.  

He can be our "designated vet" along with Jae Crowder.  

Z-Bo sitting at the end of the bench and not playing won't sell tickets

and

they can still make and sell retro Z-Bo jerseys and probably should... but Z-Bo and TA are done. Finished. Over.

4 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Z-Bo sitting at the end of the bench and not playing won't sell tickets

and

they can still make and sell retro Z-Bo jerseys and probably should... but Z-Bo and TA are done. Finished. Over.

Truth hurts ...

and to that I say -> ouch 

🙃

* me: trynna get the last word in ->

still won more WITH them than without 

💫🤣💫

The Titans won more with Eddie George at running back than without Eddie.

He won't be playing any more than Z-Bo or TA these days.

I have a needlessly confrontational answer and a snarky answer but mainly I’m kinda impressed that you really seem to believe I’m gonna roll over and give you that last word ...

I have all summer !

💫🤣💫

ALL HEART !!!

”First team all defense!”

- Tony Allen

Eddie George - Heisman Trophy winner  1995

eddie-george-heisman-595x334.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eddie George - 4 time Pro-Bowl running back

Eddie-George-with-Tennessee-Titans-in-20

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Eddie George now:

Eddie-George-in-Los-Angeles.jpg

Well played

properly formatted and everything...

I admire your dedication .

you win 

- this time 

😉

p.s. I am SOOO tempted to abuse my privilege and hit you wit the hammer 

but again - I clearly wasn’t prepared.

ESPN predicts Memphis to be the worst team in the West this season.

15. Memphis Grizzlies
Average wins:
Playoffs: 2%

Someone has to lose games in the West, and that's most likely to be the Grizzlies after dealing stalwarts Conley and Marc Gasol in the past seven months. Still, Memphis could be competitive behind a solid frontcourt of Jaren Jackson Jr.and Jonas Valanciunas.

Before the draft, Ja was all the rage with ESPN and the media. 

Since we drafted him, and not the Knicks, he's barely been mentioned at all

On 7/30/2019 at 11:13 AM, ACGrizz said:

Our very own Dwight Howard has a signature shoe! (spoiler alert...it's with a shoe company called Peak I had never heard of before today)

fun fact: Peak also gave Shane Battier his own shoe

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6RNmlu05XoexuwoQNe2h

11 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

fun fact: Peak also gave Shane Battier his own shoe

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6RNmlu05XoexuwoQNe2h

That brings back memories of the Grizzlies’ ROTY campaign for both guys where they had them dressed up in superhero costumes.