PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan

The "Rebuild" is over guys...this team will compete next season.

5 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Will would be a perfect 6th man 

Yep!

Especially if we draft a shooter.  

Then I would keep Conley (if possible).  Maybe MC can be like John Stockton and hang in there until he is 40.

This draft also looks like it has some sleepers.  Our FO shouldn't be afraid to be a 2nd rounder (or 3).

I really feel that with this new shake-up in the front office that the likelihood of Conley being traded is as high as it ever has been and it won't be purely based on Mike wanting to leave, either. These front office people are going to want to make a splash, it will be rudy gay all over again.

Again, boston is most likely the destination and I feel as if boston will not include Jaylen Brown in any deal, because without Jaylen, it would make a Mike Conley addition far less effective.

I am positive that Gordon Hayward will be in the deal. And Ainge will try to keep the grizzlies' pick (by offering some lesser picks to make the deal happen), and I'm assuming that Wexler will giddily accept any deal Ainge offers. 

Randolph isn’t ready to call it quits. He’s still working out here in Memphis, where he lives with his family during the offseason, hopeful another team will give him a chance. “I want to be a Hall of Famer. Just go down as one of the best to ever do it,” Randolph said. “I want to play a couple more years.”

So when asked about a potential return to the Grizzlies for one last hurrah, Randolph’s answer came with a smile that shined as brightly as the rapper who now works for him. “You never know,” he said. “The Grizzlies will forever be in my heart. I’ll forever be a Grizzly.”

via hoopshype

58 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

Randolph isn’t ready to call it quits. He’s still working out here in Memphis, where he lives with his family during the offseason, hopeful another team will give him a chance. “I want to be a Hall of Famer. Just go down as one of the best to ever do it,” Randolph said. “I want to play a couple more years.”

So when asked about a potential return to the Grizzlies for one last hurrah, Randolph’s answer came with a smile that shined as brightly as the rapper who now works for him. “You never know,” he said. “The Grizzlies will forever be in my heart. I’ll forever be a Grizzly.”

via hoopshype

He and Noah can be our back up bigs.  Jonas/Z Bo would be awesome.  

The Spartan Express (Zach/Jaren) would be fun.  

Other than that, Keep Conley And Trade Down.

21 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

Randolph isn’t ready to call it quits.   

Seriously?  With all the talk about the team needing to get younger and faster?  Really?

Maybe if there's an "Old Timers" game during All-Star weekend he could play in it.  We all love Z-Bo, but... the future is now and he's not it.

On 5/5/2019 at 10:22 AM, bhoyal said:

Seriously?  With all the talk about the team needing to get younger and faster?  Really?

Maybe if there's an "Old Timers" game during All-Star weekend he could play in it.  We all love Z-Bo, but... the future is now and he's not it.

Randolph should join the Big 3 league.

I was really hoping that Randolph would be able to reach that elite 20,000 points/10,000 rebounds plateau.  He's got the boards, but it looks like he may fall short in the points.  Not playing him at all this past season in SAC while he's sitting at 18,578 points didn't help.  If he could achieve that he might have a shot at the HoF.

I have been watching a lot of Josh Jackson lately, I hope this kid stop with his madness and start to only play ball because he has so much potential. He may be the wing player we wanted and the one that could shorter our rebuild process. I know FO is giving signs that they wont keep him, but if they actually show him, that this could be his last chance, he might make a change.

Dillon is other important player, he is in a contract year, if he wants to be something, its time to explode and become the 2 way player he can be.

If everything goes well we might already have the starting 5 in place and in 3 years we might be going for the long run.

Ja/Dillon/Josh/Clarke/Jaren

57 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

I have been watching a lot of Josh Jackson lately, I hope this kid stop with his madness and start to only play ball because he has so much potential. He may be the wing player we wanted and the one that could shorter our rebuild process. I know FO is giving signs that they wont keep him, but if they actually show him, that this could be his last chance, he might make a change.

Dillon is other important player, he is in a contract year, if he wants to be something, its time to explode and become the 2 way player he can be.

If everything goes well we might already have the starting 5 in place and in 3 years we might be going for the long run.

Ja/Dillon/Josh/Clarke/Jaren

I'm pretty sure the FO has given exactly zero signs that they won't keep Josh Jackson, so I have no idea what you're talking about there.

JV will be the starting center at the beginning of the season. I can see BC being a starter for the team eventually, but barring some kind of trade or injury, he's just not going to be starting opening night.

22 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

I'm pretty sure the FO has given exactly zero signs that they won't keep Josh Jackson, so I have no idea what you're talking about there.

JV will be the starting center at the beginning of the season. I can see BC being a starter for the team eventually, but barring some kind of trade or injury, he's just not going to be starting opening night.

Im not saying that this will be lineup from day one, but by the end of the season or maybe the next offseason this could be the team Jenkins will propel from then on. 

I mentioned that about Josh, because Vernon said they may not keep him around and I did not found any info on him on  Grizzlies acount on Twitter or Instagram. They just have a small report on the site.

12 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

+1

11 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

I'm not saying that this will be lineup from day one, but by the end of the season or maybe the next offseason this could be the team Jenkins will propel from then on. 

I mentioned that about Josh, because Vernon said they may not keep him around and I did not found any info on him on  Grizzlies account on Twitter or Instagram. They just have a small report on the site.

This is something Slim and others have mentioned many times already. The Front Office hasn't done a lot to get the fans excited about the future. They have drafted well and the young players have created a ton of excitement but the Front Office has been noticeably silent about their plans moving forward, what they are trying to build as far as a style of play, pace of play, etc. Basically we are left to figure out what the franchise's goal really is for the identity of the team. 

I hope this is because everyone is still new and learning their steps and as we get closer to the start of the season we will see the front office being more proactive with the media and the fans. 

it would be foolish to not see what josh could be for this team. nothing to lose really. contractually, the fo is in the catbird's seat. it is he who must prove his worth in the nba this year. this is make or break for him.

josh is playing for his nba life and that is not a stretch. now, it may never really register with him and he could very well be a knucklehead and never see the light...again, we are in the catbird's seat. if, however, the young man does treat this properly and does the work and wants to be a part of this team...could be outstanding.

up to you josh.

slim.

We had better keep Josh!  I mean, if he can turn it around, he could be a huge success here, even if he just becomes a rotation player and not the star he was projected to be coming out of college.  Everyone loves a good redemption story, especially Memphians!  Besides, if it doesn't work, we can always just waive him at that point.  But it'd be stupid not to at least give it a shot.

EDIT:  turns out Memphis slim and I posted basically the same thing at the same time, only he put it far more eloquently.  Haha

4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

This is something Slim and others have mentioned many times already. The Front Office hasn't done a lot to get the fans excited about the future. They have drafted well and the young players have created a ton of excitement but the Front Office has been noticeably silent about their plans moving forward, what they are trying to build as far as a style of play, pace of play, etc. Basically we are left to figure out what the franchise's goal really is for the identity of the team. 

I hope this is because everyone is still new and learning their steps and as we get closer to the start of the season we will see the front office being more proactive with the media and the fans. 

This is true.

The Tigers have won the PR in the city.

Penny Hardware speaks and is generating a ton of well earned enthusiasm.  Norvell has FB fans looking forward to the future.

Both these guys are willing to talk about the team.  On the Grizzlies side, all the PR has basically been NBA level generated. (Draft, FA, SL).  Their own media production doesn't get them on local news.

4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2019/7/19/20700342/the-suddenly-versatile-memphis-grizzlies-nba-jaren-jackson-jr-brandon-clarke-nba-summer-league?fbclid=IwAR1vVkajU5qQCZJ4Il7BHGQIA49SJgYIV1XFvjZSZBjvkqy_DX8-vd1UAfI

On 5/5/2019 at 11:22 AM, bhoyal said:

It was a tweet I reposted, not my words. But anyhow, I actually would rather have ZBo on the team instead of Hill, Dwight, or Plumlee.

8 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

It was a tweet I reposted, not my words. But anyhow, I actually would rather have ZBo on the team instead of Hill, Dwight, or Plumlee.

If Zbo was still relevant, why did he not get a minute of playing time last season?

16 hours ago, bhoyal said:

If Zbo was still relevant, why did he not get a minute of playing time last season?

zbo is relevant because this is a Memphis Grizzlies forum. again, I was just posting a tweet that mentioned the Grizzlies, not like I'm pushing heavy for the Grizz to sign him or anything

6 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

zbo is relevant because this is a Memphis Grizzlies forum. again, I was just posting a tweet that mentioned the Grizzlies, not like I'm pushing heavy for the Grizz to sign him or anything

He wasn't with the Grizz last season.  My question (OBVIOUSLY) was "in what why was he relevant to the sport of pro basketball?"

If he was, every team in the league would be lined up to throw money at him to sign.  And they are not.  He's done.

On 7/24/2019 at 8:51 PM, bhoyal said:

He wasn't with the Grizz last season.  My question (OBVIOUSLY) was "in what why was he relevant to the sport of pro basketball?"

If he was, every team in the league would be lined up to throw money at him to sign.  And they are not.  He's done.

Zbo actually did well with sac town he year he played for them. I believe he hit and took more threes that year than any other season by a wide margin. 

Hes better than Plumlee still. 

On 7/24/2019 at 8:51 PM, bhoyal said:

bhroyal - been posting here forever and this is the one time that I disagree with you- wholeheartedly...(but respectfully)

😬

he is valuable to Memphis as a vet and even more important to the disadvantaged Memphian’s whose MLG&W bills that he STILL pays. 

NBA players respect what he has done as well. 

I’m going FULL FAN now ( I know - never go full fan) BUT we had our first taste of success when he got here and could argue our last taste as well.

His skills have never been based on his athleticism - we ALL know that my man couldn’t jump over a phone book . His value was his tuffness and his heart . 

I think there are ALOT of players that have value because of WHERE they play and who they play for (and with ) .

So the fact that no other team picked him up doesn’t mean that he’s no valuable.

first name 20 last name 10 ( and yes - I do know that at least 5 or 6 of his rebounds were off of his own misses 🙃 but still ) 

# feed50

#zbounds