Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

NBA Playoffs thread

If this Jamal Murray gets a consistent jumpshot then he becomes a lights out player.

On 5/3/2019 at 8:07 PM, ALT GRIND said:

I went to Toronto once. Didn't care for the food.

I've been in Toronto in the summer and it is beautiful and the restaurants were fantastic. 

14 hours ago, Dwash said:

If this Jamal Murray gets a consistent jumpshot then he becomes a lights out player.

Coby White gets Jamal Murry comps... just sayin. 

So the Raptors hung on to beat Philly 101-96 yesterday and tie the series 2-2. It was a back and forth, edge of your seat contest. Prior to that game, Marc Gasol was being criticised for too much passing and not enough shooting. So he shot more in this game and picked up 16 points, 5 rebounds and 3 assists. His FG% was good and he hit two 3's (7 attempts). Defensively he held Embiid to 11 points. However, Embiid was sick AGAIN. He supposedly had stomach flu in games 1 and 2, game 3 he was said to be better. But game 4 he was sick again. In a post game interview Embiid said that he was up all night and had to get an IV at 6 am on the day of game 4. The TV crew did a close up shot of Embiid's face just prior to tip off and he looked dreadful. Team doctors have to figure out what's ailing Embiid, because he has been sick for 3 of 4 games in this series. In those 3 games he played horrible. The one game that he was healthy, he played like a star, picked up 33 points and dominated Marc. If the Doc's can't fix Embiid, this series is over.

Pascal Siakim was doubtful to start game 4 due to a calf contusion. He did start, but did not play well. You could tell he was hurting. Super star Kawhi picked up the slack and lead the team to victory (as usual).

Marc has always defended Embiid well and he will continue to do so in this series. 

His offensive play has been disgusting tho, what he did yesterday should be his normal offensive effort and not him being "aggressive"

2 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

His offensive play has been disgusting tho, what he did yesterday should be his normal offensive effort and not him being "aggressive"

Agreed. Not sure why he (Marc) can't understand this.

23 hours ago, Dwash said:

36% from 3 isn’t that bad. The league better hope Porter doesn’t turn into a player 

If Boston loses this series, it may be good for the Grizz. Kyrie most likely leaves and Boston will need a PG, well, we've got one that we can trade them for a good price. 

39 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

If Boston loses this series, it may be good for the Grizz. Kyrie most likely leaves and Boston will need a PG, well, we've got one that we can trade them for a good price. 

I've got Kemba higher in demand pecking order than Mike. I can't see Kemba staying with the Hornets.

I had Russell after Kemba, not sure how that police charge affects his value

The Rockets are my new Clippers 

i cant stand them boys

matter of fact - any team that takes cry baby dirty dog dealing State Farm fake acting chris Paul - straight to the top of my  ughhhh list.

and James too many dribbles isolation foul hunting fake soccer injury having harden - can’t stand him either 

8 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Marc has always defended Embiid well and he will continue to do so in this series. 

I saw one situation where Marc was at the top of the key, the pass swung to him and nobody was defending him-not even close. His head was on swivel looking to pass. Shooting wasn’t an option as far as he was concerned. Understandable for player that can’t make 3’s, but he’s gotta shoot it when he’s wide open. That situation, he was super open.

15 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

I've got Kemba higher in demand pecking order than Mike. I can't see Kemba staying with the Hornets.

I had Russell after Kemba, not sure how that police charge affects his value

If I am the Knicks I want Kemba.  Less high maintenance than anytime (I think), and he used to OWN Madison Square Garden back in college.  

1 minute ago, El Guapo said:

I saw one situation where Marc was at the top of the key, the pass swung to him and nobody was defending him-not even close. His head was on swivel looking to pass. Shooting wasn’t an option as far as he was concerned. Understandable for player that can’t make 3’s, but he’s gotta shoot it when he’s wide open. That situation, he was super open.

Jokic is a bit that way too. Although he has taken the shot when he has to.  Plus Joko Ono is a beast inside.  He's almost like a combination of Marc Gasol and Z Bo which is interesting.

8 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

i cant stand them boys

matter of fact - any team that takes cry baby dirty dog dealing State Farm fake acting chris Paul - straight to the top of my  ughhhh list.

and James too many dribbles isolation foul hunting fake soccer injury having harden - can’t stand him either 

Foulhunters (nice!)-perfect term for the players that have made the NBA disgusting to watch at times. It’s the offensive answer to flopping. That combined with the refs feeding the players with some of these calls...it’s hard to watch at times.

4 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Jokic is a bit that way too. Although he has taken the shot when he has to.  Plus Joko Ono is a beast inside.  He's almost like a combination of Marc Gasol and Z Bo which is interesting.

I see that, like a hybrid. This is the first I’ve really seen him play. Him and LMA we’re fun to watch. 

2 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

i cant stand them boys

Man....I'm with you there.  It's like a soccer game breaks out every time they play.  

But I hate Golden State just as bad...

8 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

i cant stand them boys

:D I'm wit ya!

8 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

i cant stand them boys

Yup. Just terrible 

Rockets vs Warriors is like choosing between a root canal (Rockets) and getting a tooth pulled (Warriors). Both options suck honestly but I'd rather have a root canal than lose a permanent tooth. 

Eric Gordon has been key.   CP3 is steadily dropping off of a cliff.   I really really want Hou and POR to win because i believe POR has the best chance of beating HOU.  

12 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I need BOS, GSW,  and Philly to lose to cause complete trade chaos.     Denver losing could possibly get in on it too.  Maybe shake Gary Harris from them.  

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Eric Gordon has been key.   CP3 is steadily dropping off of a cliff.   I really really want Hou and POR to win because i believe POR has the best chance of beating HOU.  

I need BOS, GSW,  and Philly to lose to cause complete trade chaos.     Denver losing could possibly get in on it too.  Maybe shake Gary Harris from them.  

Believe it or not, Denver, Philly and Boston aren't going to blow up the team this summer. They all have young talent that needs time to gel together. Golden State could implode if they blow the Rockets series however. It's been a nice run for the Warriors but I get the feeling they don't like each other that much.