Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

NBA Playoffs thread

6 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Nope wrong again.  Conley can score, run and offense, and defend.     Lou is a better scorer but that is it.    If Conley played primarily SG like Lou does he would've been avg 20ppg the last 3 yrs.   Conley just isn't elite at anything but he does everything pretty good.  His primary problem is tied to his size and age not lack of talent. 

its really frustrating that our team structure wasted Conley's abilities for most of his career.    He would've been a great Robin to Zbo's batman in a faster paced offense. 

That may have been the first time I ever saw Z-Bo and faster paced offense used in the same sentence without being a slight on Z-Bo. 

28 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Nope wrong again.  Conley can score, run and offense, and defend.     Lou is a better scorer but that is it.    If Conley played primarily SG like Lou does he would've been avg 20ppg the last 3 yrs.   Conley just isn't elite at anything but he does everything pretty good.  His primary problem is tied to his size and age not lack of talent. 

its really frustrating that our team structure wasted Conley's abilities for most of his career.    He would've been a great Robin to Zbo's batman in a faster paced offense. 

Conley didn't play any defense this year. As soon as his offensive responsibilities went up his defense tanked.

23 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

That may have been the first time I ever saw Z-Bo and faster paced offense used in the same sentence without being a slight on Z-Bo. 

Yeah, unfortunately ZBo and Marc were incongruous to a fast-paced offense. Which was a shame, because Conley and Allen (due to his lack of shooting) would've looked much better in a faster paced offense.

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Nah remember the season when Marc was hurt for majority of the season.  Our pace went up it wasn't until Marc came back that it went to a crawl.  

52 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Conley didn't play any defense this year. As soon as his offensive responsibilities went up his defense tanked.

I am not arguing that.    He still has the ability to defend.  But to be fair that is true of majority of the primary offensive threats.   Only the truly elite guys can do both at a high level. 

49 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

Yeah, unfortunately ZBo and Marc were incongruous to a fast-paced offense. Which was a shame, because Conley and Allen (due to his lack of shooting) would've looked much better in a faster paced offense.

Zbo played on teams that had a decent pace in the past.   He was never the primary factor for our slow pace (although i did blame him in the past).    Running the offense thru your slowest player as this past two seasons have shown us - is the REAL reason why our offense is a snails pace.  

didn't conley rank analytically as one of the better perimeter defenders in the league this season?  I saw him ranked 4th I believe.

2 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Conley needs a Batman AND a Robin.  

Conley is closer to like, Catwoman.

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Zbo played on teams that had a decent pace in the past.   He was never the primary factor for our slow pace (although i did blame him in the past).    Running the offense thru your slowest player as this past two seasons have shown us - is the REAL reason why our offense is a snails pace.  

Z-Bo was always a pace killer. Of course he was fantastic at doing what he did at a slower pace. 

aiight ... enough of this whole 'talk bad about Mac-Bo' nonsense ... 

I'm starting to feel a way ...

and how DARE ya'll add Tony Allen too?!?

ugh.

all ya'll make.me.sick.

🧐

Jokic gotta lose some weight to take that next step. Denver fell apart without him and lost this game. Sometimes in the playoffs you need your star to play 44+ minutes to stay in a game.

4 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Jokic gotta lose some weight to take that next step. Denver fell apart without him and lost this game. Sometimes in the playoffs you need your star to play 44+ minutes to stay in a game.

He got mad work though.

What a brilliant game between Denver and SA. When i see Denver finshed 2 in West, i cannot help thinking that we are not that far from them. Just need a good pick, and add 1 or 2 good player.

7 minutes ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

What a brilliant game between Denver and SA. When i see Denver finshed 2 in West, i cannot help thinking that we are not that far from them. Just need a good pick, and add 1 or 2 good player.

Denver is loaded and their young talent are only going to get better 

11 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Watched both the Toronto/Philly and Denver/SA games last night.

Kawhi >>>>>>>> DeRozan. Toronto won that trade big time.

15 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Boston sending a message to the league.

Yeah they’re the team people thought they would be at the beginning of the season right now 

44 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

it's one game, relax. 

You can send a message in one game 

Harden bricked his three because he tried to get a foul call instead of just scoring. When is he gonna realize that regular season calls don't happen in the playoffs?

4 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Harden bricked his three because he tried to get a foul call instead of just scoring. When is he gonna realize that regular season calls don't happen in the playoffs?

settle down scott foster