Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

NBA Playoffs thread

play off -thread   golden state will play the raptors and golden state will win in 6

3 hours ago, VikingWarrior said:

Anyone Else get immense joy when Chris Paul looses ??? Makes my day

Yeah...he is one of a handful of players I root against.

11 hours ago, VikingWarrior said:

Anyone Else get immense joy when Chris Paul looses ??? Makes my day

all.the.time.

Now if someone can beat Golden State, and wipe the smile off of Draymond Green's stupid face, that would be sweet.

58 minutes ago, CarloJ63 said:

Now if someone can beat Golden State, and wipe the smile off of Draymond Green's stupid face, that would be sweet.

If the Rockets can do that, I'll bite my tongue and root for CP3 (they can go on to lose to Raps or Bucks in the Finals though!).

4 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Dame Lilliard!!!

There's people on this board who think Conley is better for some unknown reason

5 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Dame Lilliard!!!

Holy sh-t what a shot to win it!!! He is ascending the ranks of superstars . Just wow

Just now, ItIsWhatItIs said:

There's people on this board who think Conley is better for some unknown reason

I respect Conley's play. He plays well head to head against Lillard. I would say Conley's midrange and paint game is a little better. But that long range off balance shot making ability...good grief.

3 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I respect Conley's play. He plays well head to head against Lillard. I would say Conley's midrange and paint game is a little better. But that long range off balance shot making ability...good grief.

There's only one player in the league that can match Lillard's hot and that's Curry. Nobody can just explode and bury an opponent with an avalanche of buckets like those two.

50 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

There's only one player in the league that can match Lillard's hot and that's Curry. Nobody can just explode and bury an opponent with an avalanche of buckets like those two.

Kyrie? Harden?

7 hours ago, VikingWarrior said:

Holy sh-t what a shot to win it!!! He is ascending the ranks of superstars . Just wow

Every player has at least 1 super human playoff run in them. It usually happens in year 7 and year 8 of the playoffs. Zbo had one, Dirk had one, Hakeem had one, Harden is having 1 last year and this year.

It's what I've said many times, vets win championships and if you aren't willing to keep a player past 27 years old, you aren't likely going to win one.

The key ingredients for a playoff finals run: a star player in year 7-8, with a supporting cast that he has played with for at least 3 to 4 years.

The grizzlies had zbo as their star player and the supporting cast was with him through his prime.

And while the grizzlies can make the playoffs next year, the big problem is that they don't have consistency in their rotation and lineup. They really need to get their rotation set sooner rather than later.

I would lose it if the grizzlies won the draft this year and selected Zion Williamson.   

Did anyone catch the presser after okc blazers... **** okc just come off as ignorant., and where do they go from here???  Can’t win with westbrick shooting his shot:/

11 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Uhmmmm

10 hours ago, Dwash said:

Kyrie? Harden?

+100

4 hours ago, VikingWarrior said:

KD as well?

+100

And i will predict that Jamal Murray will one day be in that convo as well (which is why i want to draft Coby).   Dudes that have microwave ability as a primary scorer. 

Wow, love seeing the Clippers taking it to GSW on their home floor.  Beverly, Williams, Harrell, Shamet, Gilgeous-Alexander, Gallo, and Jam all played well.  Great game.

12 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Uhmmmm

+100

+100

And i will predict that Jamal Murray will one day be in that convo as well (which is why i want to draft Coby).   Dudes that have microwave ability as a primary scorer. 

Nah man, Steph and Lillard are the only guys who can kill you as soon as they cross halfcourt. Those other guys rely heavily on free throws so they can be argued are more efficient. But nobody matches a Lillard explosion other than Curry.

When you think about it, is conley really that much better than a guy like Louis Williams. I can't see us getting much for him in a trade again.

1 hour ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

When you think about it, is conley really that much better than a guy like Louis Williams. I can't see us getting much for him in a trade again.

He certainly is, Lou is a very good player, don't get me wrong. But he also doesn't play defense, and can be a black hole on offense at times. He's an elite scorer, but that's really it. He also had two games in a row averaging 14 points on less than 40% shooting. Conley might not be the offensive threat that Lou is, but he does everything on the court. His contract is really his main detriment. 

7 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Nah man, Steph and Lillard are the only guys who can kill you as soon as they cross halfcourt. Those other guys rely heavily on free throws so they can be argued are more efficient. But nobody matches a Lillard explosion other than Curry.

Thompson.

9 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Nope wrong again.  Conley can score, run and offense, and defend.     Lou is a better scorer but that is it.    If Conley played primarily SG like Lou does he would've been avg 20ppg the last 3 yrs.   Conley just isn't elite at anything but he does everything pretty good.  His primary problem is tied to his size and age not lack of talent. 

its really frustrating that our team structure wasted Conley's abilities for most of his career.    He would've been a great Robin to Zbo's batman in a faster paced offense.