Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

NBA Playoffs thread

Denver showing you need stars in the postseason, specifically on the perimeter. Having Jokic run the entire offense is not ever going to run in the postseason  

1 hour ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Denver showing you need stars in the postseason, specifically on the perimeter. Having Jokic run the entire offense is not ever going to run in the postseason  

And yet they are winning right now

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

And yet they are winning right now

Because Murray went off in the 2nd half. Do you trust Murray and Harris to consistently provide the scoring punch needed from the perimeter in the playoffs? I do not.

Lillard has taken the next step, clearly a top 10 player now

21 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I agree with you on Lou Williams and Dame Lillard not having much difference but Steph on another level.   He is a better playmaker than both of them. 

I actually think Boogie going down helps them.   He is a terrible fit with them and mostly net negative all year.   The only way he hurts them is just losing depth.  

lol, lou williams has doubled curry's assist numbers, and he and harrell are better picknroll combo than curry and kd ever were.

10 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

I think you've hit the nail on the head with this.  KD is a great player, but they are a bit more predictable.  I would like to see a different champion this year.

the warriors would not have won the last two chmapionships without kd. But again, the nba being a team sport, you can suffocate even the great kevin durant. 

8 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Because Murray went off in the 2nd half. Do you trust Murray and Harris to consistently provide the scoring punch needed from the perimeter in the playoffs? I do not.

Lillard has taken the next step, clearly a top 10 player now

Conley has had Lillard’s number for years. Harris and Murray are maturing into reliable scoring threats too. 

Nothing would be a bigger mistake than trying to build around a jjj/Val frontcourt, this playoffs is proving that

On 4/16/2019 at 9:18 PM, ItIsWhatItIs said:

I was actually constructing a Conley to Denver trade during this game.

Conley and Rabb FOR Murray, Plumlee, Barton and Porter Jr.

Murray/Wright/Carter
Brooks/Barton/Miles/Dorsey
Anderson/Porter
JJJ/Caboclo/Parsons
Valanciunas/Plumlee

==================

Conley/Morris
Harris/Beasley
???/Vanderbilt
Milsap (TO)/Lyles/Hernangomez
Jokic/Rabb

2 hours ago, Plop Plop Griz Griz said:

Murray/Wright/Carter
Anderson/Porter
JJJ/Caboclo/Parsons
Valanciunas/Plumlee

==================

Conley/Morris
Harris/Beasley
???/Vanderbilt
Jokic/Rabb

No way they give us Murray. He's young and still very good. I'd highly doubt we'd get Porter as well, unless they don't think he will ever get healthy. We could probably get Gary Harris, Monte Morris, Plumlee, which would be a decent haul. Plumlee is a slight upgrade over Noah (though I love Noah), Harris is a big upgrade over Holiday or Dorsey. Morris could actually be pretty good as well, with him and Delon we'd be set at PG. 

So

Delon/Morris

Bradley/Harris

Anderson/Brooks/Miles

JJJ/Caboclo/Parsons

JV/Plumlee

___

Conley/Some Free agent

Murray/Beasley

Barton/Porter/Craig

Milsap/Lyles/Hermangomez

Jokic/Another FA or Lydon

3 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Nothing would be a bigger mistake than trying to build around a jjj/Val frontcourt, this playoffs is proving that

I disagree to an extent. The best two teams in the east have very good Frontcourts. Bucks with Lopez and Giannis, Raptors with Siakam and Gasol/Ibaka. Now, neither of those teams only have just those two players, but they have other pieces around them that compliment them. It would be good if JJJ/JV are 2 of our top 4 players, like those two teams I mentioned, but you don't want them being your best two/only two. 

8 hours ago, Plop Plop Griz Griz said:

Murray/Wright/Carter
Anderson/Porter
JJJ/Caboclo/Parsons
Valanciunas/Plumlee

==================

Conley/Morris
Harris/Beasley
???/Vanderbilt
Jokic/Rabb

Smh. Ya realize the other side isn't near as dumb as you think they are.

The Nuggets probably wouldn't trade Murray for Conley straight up and you want them to throw in a potential all star if he gets healthy in Porter, a premier role player in Barton and Plumlee…?

6 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

I disagree to an extent. The best two teams in the east have very good Frontcourts. Bucks with Lopez and Giannis, Raptors with Siakam and Gasol/Ibaka. Now, neither of those teams only have just those two players, but they have other pieces around them that compliment them. It would be good if JJJ/JV are 2 of our top 4 players, like those two teams I mentioned, but you don't want them being your best two/only two. 

Yea JV/JJJ can't be our two best players if we hope to start competing in a year.    We will need a couple of perimeter creators.     I am starting to lean towards wanting JV to just pick up his option only.   I like the idea of having him around next season to help Jaren during his transition to team focal.    But i don't want him as longterm starter because he is primarily a scorer and i want the points shifted to perimeter player(s) and Jaren.     

3 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yea JV/JJJ can't be our two best players if we hope to start competing in a year.    We will need a couple of perimeter creators.     I am starting to lean towards wanting JV to just pick up his option only.   I like the idea of having him around next season to help Jaren during his transition to team focal.    But i don't want him as longterm starter because he is primarily a scorer and i want the points shifted to perimeter player(s) and Jaren.     

I agree we should want him to opt in for next year. We need to see what a JV/JJJ pairing looks like before investing a big contract in him. Hopefully it works out perfectly because i like Big Jonas.

3 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

No sign him for 4 years. Build around him.:rolleyes:

On 4/18/2019 at 10:33 PM, ItIsWhatItIs said:

People won’t listen. They want to give Val a 4 year extension.

10 hours ago, Dwash said:

Jokic = beast

He's the new Sabonis (Arvidas, not his son)

Denver selected him with the 41 pick in 2014... unbeliavable.

On 4/16/2019 at 9:18 PM, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Joking is pretty much a Gasol type. Before that you had Arvydas Sabonis. Or even Vlade Divac.  Not the first or even second option and you still need a top notch guard with him but they are effective in certain ways.

Marc has some freaky forwards next to him in Toronto: Kawhi and Siakam who are pretty much the archetype forwards of this era (Jaren/Bruno can get there).  Lowry/Van Vleet is solid but I think they need more dynamic explosiveness at the 2 -- Danny Green is a glorified role player.  

Denver has a better backcourt although they could still use a prototype pass-first point guard (off the bench) and they definitely need an upgrade at the forward spots.  

If Marc/Jokic to far then "point center" is gonna be a thing.  Another center variant like the pick/pop center, the run/jump/dunk/block center, and the playoff-approved small ball center.  Those two bigs are just bigger, better version of the bigly version of Boris Diaw.

I hate to be so sacrilegious on Easter but this Clipper team.....I like their style.  They're scrappy.  And if Gallinari can ever find his stones, I mean his shot...they could put a scare into the Warriors.

7 minutes ago, CarloJ63 said:

I hate to be so sacrilegious on Easter but this Clipper team.....I like their style.  They're scrappy.  And if Gallinari can ever find his stones, I mean his shot...they could put a scare into the Warriors.

No allstars, and if they win this game, it won't matter what happens for the rest of the series, this would be the beginning of the end of the warriors dominance. 

Anyone who thinks this Raps team ain't better with Marc now is kidding themselves. But you know what, as long as we resign JV n Delon to reasonable deals we didn't do too bad ourselves in the trade.

OKC is probably going to lose in the first round for a 3rd straight year because they can't shoot. 

Superior perimeter scoring is necessary. Even lower seeds like the Clippers and Nets are at least competitive in games because they have multiple threats from the perimeter with their guards and jump shooters. Heck, if Joe Harris didn't go into a huge slump the Nets might be up in their series.