Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

NBA Playoffs thread

hace 34 minutos, ALT GRIND dijo:

JV is good -- the NBA is getting bigger again.  Jaren is probably gonna be the prototype 4 of the future. And if Jaren plays "center" he will still need another big man next to him (brave new twin towers).  Although now you need every kind of big man.  So, if we get any more we need a bouncy rim runner/extra shot blocker to go with Jaren, Jonas, and Bruno.  

Besides, we have to keep Jonas as part of the J Team.

Jaren and JV are probably gonna have a lot of fun playing together. JV has the strengthen and toughness to clear space in the paint and Jaren has the athleticism to exploit the chaos created by a rampaging JV.

1 minute ago, billatter said:

Jaren and JV are probably gonna have a lot of fun playing together. JV has the strengthen and toughness to clear space in the paint and Jaren has the athleticism to exploit the chaos created by a rampaging JV.

That's a good inside combo. Delon/Ja would be a nice backcourt too.  Open auditions for the starting small forward spot.

Good grief Gasol shoot the open three or why bother spotting up? That’s the right play to take the shot.

Dam what a slam!

Hand down, man down!

Kawhi chopping the Greek Freak tree trunk down!

41 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Good grief Gasol shoot the open three or why bother spotting up? That’s the right play to take the shot.

There you go

Congrats to Marc he's going to the championship series

5 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Congrats to Marc he's going to the championship series

Big congrats to Big Spain! Don't get punked by Draymond Green again.

Over the hill Marc Gasol did a better job of keeping Greek Freak in front of him than Kyle Anderson and it wasn't even close. 

18 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Has Danny Green been scoreless in the last two games?

Yes. Danny Green is 3 for his last 21 from the field.

Danny Green needs to be better than worthless for the Raptors to win against GS. Kawhi is probably the best player in the world right now, but he is going to need help. Hopefully Lowry can play like he did most of this series as well. I'd like to see Marc get a ring. 

happy for marc go back and see some  of my posts i said before the play-off starting, the raptors would  make it to the n.b,a finals and lose 4games to 2 the the golden state.  marc offence of number will not be great but is asset would be on D  HIS big body would help win that series THATS WHY THE RARTORS MADE THAT TRADE FOR HIM  

52 minutes ago, lions said:

happy for marc go back to see some  of my posts t said before the play-off starting, the raptors would  make it to the n.b,a finals and lose 4games to 2 the the golden state marc offence of number will not be great but is asset would be on D  HIS big body help win that series THATS  WAY THEY TRADED FOR HIM  

Yep credit to you, you did say that, and a lot of bookies and punters, and "tv journalists" completely disagreed.

Congrats to you too!

7 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Yep credit to you, you did say that, and a lot of bookies and punters, and "tv journalists" completely disagreed.

Congrats to you too!

only problem no prize 

this series again proves that coaching absolutely matters when teams are close. 

It felt like Budenholzer did not adjust at all after Nurse made some changes with his lineups/defense/offense/everything. This was a knock against him in Atlanta and he proved again in this ECF. The amount of pick n rolls for Giannis was non-existent for the most part, they never drew anything up that didn't involve him trying to euro step through 4 defenders. Brogdon and Hill and Bledsoe were clearly doing a better job against Kawhi because they could guard his stepback jumper much better than the slower wing defenders like Middleton. Milwuakee didn't even change this until game 6 and even then, Middleton was still guarding Kawhi way too much. Switching everything on pick n rolls was idiotic. You can switch everything when you have athletes like Philly or GSW, not Brook Lopez trying to guard Lowry/Kawhi. Also Bledsoe was an absolute dumpster fire this whole series that Budenholzer should've taken out immediately. Nurse realized that Danny Green was a dumpster fire and benched him almost immediately in game 6 while Bud rode with his guy off the cliff. 

10 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

It felt like Budenholzer did not adjust at all after Nurse made some changes with his lineups/defense/offense/everything. This was a knock against him in Atlanta and he proved again in this ECF. The amount of pick n rolls for Giannis was non-existent for the most part, they never drew anything up that didn't involve him trying to euro step through 4 defenders. Brogdon and Hill and Bledsoe were clearly doing a better job against Kawhi because they could guard his stepback jumper much better than the slower wing defenders like Middleton. Milwuakee didn't even change this until game 6 and even then, Middleton was still guarding Kawhi way too much. Switching everything on pick n rolls was idiotic. You can switch everything when you have athletes like Philly or GSW, not Brook Lopez trying to guard Lowry/Kawhi. Also Bledsoe was an absolute dumpster fire this whole series that Budenholzer should've taken out immediately. Nurse realized that Danny Green was a dumpster fire and benched him almost immediately in game 6 while Bud rode with his guy off the cliff. 

I felt that switching too much was a problem for the Grizzlies as well the last few seasons.  In our case it seemed to always result in the mismatch that the opponent wanted to exploit.

1 hour ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Yea after watching this series.  I feel that Raptors have a better chance to beat GSW based solely off of Kawhi and Nurse.    Bucks had the superior talent but had no Plan B when things werent working.       Plus Raptors have the personnel to play halfcourt which can stymy the Warriors. 

Once again.   Coaching does matter.

2 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

I agree with this.  Honestly, I'm surprised the Raptors won.  After the Raptors made their adjustments, I was sure the Bucks would make theirs and tip the balance back in their favor; they have the more talented team.

Having said that, I'm glad Toronto won but I can't see them beating the Warriors.  I thought the Bucks had a better shot against the Warriors.

I expect Kerr to take the ball out of Kawhi's hands and see if anyone else on Toronto has the stones to step up.