Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

NBA Playoffs thread

4 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Harrell is the new zbo

Seems Faried-ish to me, but I haven’t watched enough of him.

Durant just picked up 2nd technical (as did Patrick Beverly).

Warriors fans cheered as he's walking out.  See if they cheer if Durant gets 7th tech and starts getting suspended (although I'm sure NBA will rescind).

Grizz related: He picked up #16 in the Grizzlies game which would have started the suspensions had that happened in regular season (although again, NBA probably would have rescinded).

I do think Clippers Sam Cassell  is a decent coaching candidate to look at.

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I hate the warriors so much. Spurs made it 3 for 4 upsets. Say what you will about gng, they played up to their comp, not down to it.

That trade for Leuer killed the Grizzlies. That could have been a championship team but the dysfunction/cost saving of the ownership put an end to that. 

looks like playoff Lowry showed up

never thought someone with so much dawg in them would be so dang un-clutch smh 

so glad we stuck with Mike

I'm watching this Pacers/Celtics game wondering how Mike would fit in.

Clearly, if Boston loses Kyrie, and Pacers as-is could make the team better.

The question is what will they be willing to give up and what can they do that is attractive to the Grizzlies?

Since Pacers are under cap, what about a Parsons + Conley for a 1st round pick (and any of the UFA that they sign and trade).  Not sure that can be done, but Indiana has a lot of expiring.

Likewise, if Kyrie departs, what 2nd asset does Boston give up?

2 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I'm watching this Pacers/Celtics game wondering how Mike would fit in.

Clearly, if Boston loses Kyrie, and Pacers as-is could make the team better.

The question is what will they be willing to give up and what can they do that is attractive to the Grizzlies?

Since Pacers are under cap, what about a Parsons + Conley for a 1st round pick (and any of the UFA that they sign and trade).  Not sure that can be done, but Indiana has a lot of expiring.

Likewise, if Kyrie departs, what 2nd asset does Boston give up?

No reason to hurt a Conley potential trade haul by including Parsons.    He is falling off the books after this season anyway.  If someone needs an expiring at deadline then yea toss him otherwise no need to force it.   

I am actively rooting against BOS  for that very reason.  If they implode then no way Kyrie stays and they will get desperate. 

I see Indy throwing Aaron Holiday,  McDermott and 2019 first at us.  Don't care what Utah does because they have no assets i want.  

2 things:

1)  As bad as this year's team was, if it was healthy, it could qualify for the playoffs in the East.  And so could every team not above the Grizzlies in the West that didn't make the playoffs.

2 ) I don't understand the Grizzlies struggles with East Conference.  Against the West, they were decent, but not against the East, and it seems like it has been that way since DJ left.

1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

2 things:

1)  As bad as this year's team was, if it was healthy, it could qualify for the playoffs in the East.  And so could every team not above the Grizzlies in the West that didn't make the playoffs.

2 ) I don't understand the Grizzlies struggles with East Conference.  Against the West, they were decent, but not against the East, and it seems like it has been that way since DJ left.

2017-2018 didn't we lose every game against Eastern Conference opponents?  I don't get it either.

On 4/13/2019 at 6:36 PM, Kevin B Moses said:

Augustin says that they wanted to get Marc Gasol in the pick n roll. lol

MAN! 

I thought I may have mis-heard him... but - yup . That's what he said... 

paraphrase : was looking to get the Gasol switch ... 

wow.

And is nobody gonna talk about Kawahii passing it in an end game situation ? A PLAYOFF endgame situation. 

ugh.

(something Grizz related  here) 

1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I thought it was bad when the Grizzlies blew a 21+ point lead to the Clippers.

Warriors blew a 31 point lead to Clippers.  Series tied at 1 & Cousins injured.

We finally don’t hold the record with our 27 point collapse! 

On that note Patrick Beverly is a joy to watch guarding Durant!! I would actually love him in a griz Jersey 

58 minutes ago, VikingWarrior said:

We finally don’t hold the record with our 27 point collapse! 

On that note Patrick Beverly is a joy to watch guarding Durant!! I would actually love him in a griz Jersey 

Grizzlies will probably get him when he's on his last leg, like the pelicans got with Tony Allen, and he'd probably be injured for 35-60 games like other free agent signings.

Basketball is a team sport. The days where you could get a superstar and just iso every play is long gone.

And teams have caught up to the warriors and how to guard them.

Team basketball is more important than to get two Superstars and let them ISO that ain't going to work

8 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Basketball is a team sport. The days where you could get a superstar and just iso every play is long gone.

Team basketball is more important than to get two Superstars and let them ISO that ain't going to work

I think in some ways Kevin Durant made the Warriors more predictable; before he joined the team, I felt there was better ball movement and the ball was in Curry's hands more, which resulted in better decisions and a more team-oriented offense. I wouldn't go so far as to say they're worse with Durant, but at some point the constant iso-KD crunch time offense results in less touches for Curry, less movement for Klay and a less engaged Draymond, and all those things together opens up the window a bit for a team like, hopefully, the Rockets or Bucks to take them down this year.

11 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Having multiple shot creators and guys with tenacity and high motor are very important to becoming a contending team.   Ability to attack and keep defenses on their heels and play swarming defense will always be key. 

30 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Having multiple shot creators and guys with tenacity and high motor are very important to becoming a contending team.   Ability to attack and keep defenses on their heels and play swarming defense will always be key. 

Additionally I don't see much difference between Lou Williams and Steph Curry or Damian Lillard and Steph Curry.

NM boogie cousins has gone down then it's going to be hard for the warriors to win this year, they have no bench basically and other teams are a lot deeper than they were in the past.

1 minute ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Additionally I don't see much difference between Lou Williams and Steph Curry or Damian Lillard and Steph Curry.

NM boogie cousins has gone down then it's going to be hard for the warriors to win this year, they have no bench basically and other teams are a lot deeper than they were in the past.

I agree with you on Lou Williams and Dame Lillard not having much difference but Steph on another level.   He is a better playmaker than both of them. 

I actually think Boogie going down helps them.   He is a terrible fit with them and mostly net negative all year.   The only way he hurts them is just losing depth.  

4 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Basketball is a superstar sport, a team without a superstar isn't gonna win this year.

9 hours ago, ACGrizz said:

I think in some ways Kevin Durant made the Warriors more predictable; before he joined the team, I felt there was better ball movement and the ball was in Curry's hands more, which resulted in better decisions and a more team-oriented offense. I wouldn't go so far as to say they're worse with Durant, but at some point the constant iso-KD crunch time offense results in less touches for Curry, less movement for Klay and a less engaged Draymond, and all those things together opens up the window a bit for a team like, hopefully, the Rockets or Bucks to take them down this year.

I think you've hit the nail on the head with this.  KD is a great player, but they are a bit more predictable.  I would like to see a different champion this year.

I think Milwaukee wins it all this year. There's essentially no one that can stop Giannis, but in addition to that they have Middleton, Bledsoe, Lopez, and Brogdon to take on some of the scoring burden as well. Not tot mention bringing Mirotic, George Hill, and Irsan off the bench. 

19 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

I think Milwaukee wins it all this year. There's essentially no one that can stop Giannis, but in addition to that they have Middleton, Bledsoe, Lopez, and Brogdon to take on some of the scoring burden as well. Not tot mention bringing Mirotic, George Hill, and Irsan off the bench. 

I can see it but Brogdon must return.