chipc3

Will the Grizzlies be improved next season?

Will the Grizzlies Be Better Next Season  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Grizzlies be better next year?

• Yes
    • No

On 4/13/2019 at 4:07 PM, Grizball said:

I am optimistic they will get better, winning 33 games should be achievable.

not good enough 

6 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Interesting to see how many people see the team improving without knowing who the coach will be. I guess people’s perception of a coach’s value is higher during the season than the off-season. 

So, the whole idea of this thread was a trick to bait posters, who previously disagreed with your assessment of the value of different coaches in comparison to one another, into posting thoughts which would be contrary to their former position on the subject?  Brilliant!!!!:o

9 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

So, the whole idea of this thread was a trick to bait posters, who previously disagreed with your assessment of the value of different coaches in comparison to one another, into posting thoughts which would be contrary to their former position on the subject?  Brilliant!!!!:o

Not a trick but it did reveal people's contrary opinions. 

Hard to tell without knowing what will happen with Conley, the draft lottery and coaching/GM moves. Obviously the outlook will be different if they end up with Zion and keep Conley than if they convey and end up trading Conley.

I think in a scenario where we make minimal changes, I'd slot us in between 35 and 40 wins. We've never really seen what a starting line-up of current players on the roster looks like, so there's a large deal of uncertainty.

6 hours ago, ACGrizz said:

Hard to tell without knowing what will happen with Conley, the draft lottery and coaching/GM moves. Obviously the outlook will be different if they end up with Zion and keep Conley than if they convey and end up trading Conley.

I think in a scenario where we make minimal changes, I'd slot us in between 35 and 40 wins. We've never really seen what a starting line-up of current players on the roster looks like, so there's a large deal of uncertainty.

Welcome aboard, AC!  A lot of fans are anxious about the future, but sometimes you just have to wait and see what shakes out.  I don't think the future is as bleak as some want to make it out to be, but there is a lot of work to do yet.  It would be nice if we could get lucky in the lottery or just lucky in drafting a solid player.

7 hours ago, ACGrizz said:

I think this about sums it up.

Too early to tell.

I went with not improving.  I expect (hope maybe is better) us to convey the pick this year.  I expect we will trade MC after conveying.  I have no clue who the coach will be or what the front office will plan yet....but with what we dont know and what we do at this point I dont think the team will be better next year than it was this.

42 minutes ago, Gradey said:

I went with not improving.  I expect (hope maybe is better) us to convey the pick this year.  I expect we will trade MC after conveying.  I have no clue who the coach will be or what the front office will plan yet....but with what we dont know and what we do at this point I dont think the team will be better next year than it was this.

Rational thought. Appreciated. 

Depending what we move conley for and where the pick ends up its going to be a wild ride. 

14 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Welcome aboard, AC!  A lot of fans are anxious about the future, but sometimes you just have to wait and see what shakes out.  I don't think the future is as bleak as some want to make it out to be, but there is a lot of work to do yet.  It would be nice if we could get lucky in the lottery or just lucky in drafting a solid player.

Thanks! It's exciting having someone like Jaren - I went back and looked at KG's first year in the league and the leap he made in his second year. Hopefully we get a similar improvement from JJJ.

Our biggest indicator of success will be whether we have Mike Conley and whether Mike is healthy. Success in the NBA is about talent and luck. There are exceptions, like great coaches, but the players and their health matters the most. Most coaches simply don't matter, and they end up being scapegoated by their F.O's.  Put Steve Kurr on this years Cavs team and he might get fired. The bottom line is the talent level, and if we trade Mike and rebuild, we're not going to be good.

1 hour ago, srmjr23 said:

Our biggest indicator of success will be whether we have Mike Conley and whether Mike is healthy. Success in the NBA is about talent and luck. There are exceptions, like great coaches, but the players and their health matters the most. Most coaches simply don't matter, and they end up being scapegoated by their F.O's.  Put Steve Kurr on this years Cavs team and he might get fired. The bottom line is the talent level, and if we trade Mike and rebuild, we're not going to be good.

I guess this season was...

3 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

I couldn’t have said it better.