Sign in to follow this  
LuvThem Grizzlies

If I was JB I'd sue the NBA

For the lousy officiating the refs did on Grizz games, at times it was pathetic and I would also sue Gallo for fraud for the foul called on Gasol. It might make the NBA make changes in officiating. 

10 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

For the lousy officiating the refs did on Grizz games, at times it was pathetic and I would also sue Gallo for fraud for the foul called on Gasol. It might make the NBA make changes in officiating. 

I agree 

48 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

The lousy officiating isn't going to be addressed by the league since they already stated the calls were correct. JB didn't lose his job because of a few questionable calls. He lost his job by being the worst team in the league in the 3rd quarter and blowing nearly twenty games where the team had double digit leads in the second half. 

19 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

The lousy officiating isn't going to be addressed by the league since they already stated the calls were correct. JB didn't lose his job because of a few questionable calls. He lost his job by being the worst team in the league in the 3rd quarter and blowing nearly twenty games where the team had double digit leads in the second half. 

It wouldn't be up to the NBA to decide whether the calls were good or bad, other people would be doing that. We know for sure that Gallo flopped and they lost that 1, and I think if the Grizz had won a few more JB might still have his job. I'm sure the Grizz got the butt end of a lot of calls, I'm not like most of Grizz fans and the NBA only reviews the last minutes of a game. It could make the NBA do something about the bad reffing and now that they are going to let betting on games be legalized all over the country, it might make the NBA get serious about referring. Everybody knows stars gets calls, that might change that 2. Just because it has always been that way wouldn't make it right anymore.

57 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

It wouldn't be up to the NBA to decide whether the calls were good or bad, other people would be doing that. We know for sure that Gallo flopped and they lost that 1, and I think if the Grizz had won a few more JB might still have his job. I'm sure the Grizz got the butt end of a lot of calls, I'm not like most of Grizz fans and the NBA only reviews the last minutes of a game. It could make the NBA do something about the bad reffing and now that they are going to let betting on games be legalized all over the country, it might make the NBA get serious about referring. Everybody knows stars gets calls, that might change that 2. Just because it has always been that way wouldn't make it right anymore.

I am sure you believe that but when you look at the totality of JB's work it is hard to make a case to keep him. 

Look at the 3rd quarter scoring differential. The Grizzlies were the worst in the league by a large margin. That isn't the refs fault. That is coming out of the locker room unprepared and/or unmotivated. The amount of double digit leads last in the second half is disgraceful. You can't blame them all on bad officiating. No one else in the league blew as many 20 point leads as the Grizzlies did. This is being out-coached plain and simple and I DON'T THINK COACHES MAKE THAT BIG OF A DIFFERENCE!

I understand thinking he deserved more time but how much longer do the fans deserve to see a team start 12-5 and then be out of the playoffs in January? How many times do we need to sit in our seats and watch the team blow big lead after big lead? When do we hold someone accountable for our entertainment dollars? It may not be fair that JB takes the fall but the fans vote with their pocketbooks and they wanted Wallace gone and JB gone.  

Have you looked back to see what went wrong with the Grizz? I don't think it was all his coaching, some of it was but when your supposedly main players don't play up to snuff, then is it his fault that he kept playing them or would he been given the door then if he took them out? How many times was those runs that cost the Grizz a game was abetted by bad calls? A call here and there may have stopped the run but a bad call just adds to the run. It may be sort of like a stitch in time saves 9. I do think the Grizz got the raw end of a call. What kind of punishment did Gallo get for his flop that won the Clips the game? I thought the NBA wanted to cut out flopping, doing nothing certainly won't get the job done. A game suspension for the 1st, 2 games suspension for a second flop and etc would certainly put an end to it. Don't put fines on it, put games and see how long it takes to stop it.

I agree and sue the show, the Mike and Marc Show.

12 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Have you looked back to see what went wrong with the Grizz? I don't think it was all his coaching, some of it was but when your supposedly main players don't play up to snuff, then is it his fault that he kept playing them or would he been given the door then if he took them out? How many times was those runs that cost the Grizz a game was abetted by bad calls? A call here and there may have stopped the run but a bad call just adds to the run. It may be sort of like a stitch in time saves 9. I do think the Grizz got the raw end of a call. What kind of punishment did Gallo get for his flop that won the Clips the game? I thought the NBA wanted to cut out flopping, doing nothing certainly won't get the job done. A game suspension for the 1st, 2 games suspension for a second flop and etc would certainly put an end to it. Don't put fines on it, put games and see how long it takes to stop it.

You won't get an argument from me about the players letting us down more than the coach. I don't remember JB ever missing an open shot, blowing a defensive assignment or loafing back and getting burned. 

I don't agree that the refs affected that many games. Sorry but I follow the team pretty closely and most of the calls were proper.

Interesting idea on flopping. Just how do you determine what is and isn't a flop? Does it have to be no contact yet the defender went down? How much contact is needed to determine if a player flopped or not? Should the replays be in real time or are we going to stop the game and make a determination each time it appears that a player may have flopped? 

I know it hurts when you feel the team isn't getting fair calls but I was always taught to ignore the refs and play your game. Excuses are for losers.  

Did you not see that neither Grizz player touched Gallo, they had 2 different replays that covered both players, if a shooter isn't touched, it is NOT a foul. I think I saw 2-3 games that I thought the Grizz came out ahead on the referring, the rest they lost and some of them by 3-5 fouls called on the Grizz. I would say the Grizz got shorted 150 fouls or so during the season. That would only be a couple a game but they do add up when you're talking about 82 games. It would have to be the SHOOTER not the defender going down, unless you are talking about taking a charge or running side by side. Now I thought MG would have gotten a foul when he  ran into LMA at the end of that game but LMA had already released the ball and it would take a pretty hefty lick to knock him down. Offensive players kicking their legs out should be an OF and a defensive player should be able to get to the spot where an offensive player left his feet because the OP would have to draw his feet back if he shot a fade away. Harden or any player clamping a DP's arm should be an OF. When an OP changes lanes and runs into a DP, that should be an OF.

9 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

This is stupid

8 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Exactly.

JB was by far the worst coach we had since Ivaroni.

He had NO CLUE how to run this team.

The only thing he could do right was command the tank

17 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Did you not see that neither Grizz player touched Gallo, they had 2 different replays that covered both players, if a shooter isn't touched, it is NOT a foul. I think I saw 2-3 games that I thought the Grizz came out ahead on the referring, the rest they lost and some of them by 3-5 fouls called on the Grizz. I would say the Grizz got shorted 150 fouls or so during the season. That would only be a couple a game but they do add up when you're talking about 82 games. It would have to be the SHOOTER not the defender going down, unless you are talking about taking a charge or running side by side. Now I thought MG would have gotten a foul when he  ran into LMA at the end of that game but LMA had already released the ball and it would take a pretty hefty lick to knock him down. Offensive players kicking their legs out should be an OF and a defensive player should be able to get to the spot where an offensive player left his feet because the OP would have to draw his feet back if he shot a fade away. Harden or any player clamping a DP's arm should be an OF. When an OP changes lanes and runs into a DP, that should be an OF.

Quit whining, you sound worse than Durant, Cousins and Paul combined

6 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I know it hurts when you feel the team isn't getting fair calls but I was always taught to ignore the refs and play your game. Excuses are for losers.  

+1

7 hours ago, chipc3 said:

+2

Oh come on NBA.....give JB his participation trophy and call it a day.

1 minute ago, CarloJ63 said:

+2

Oh come on NBA.....give JB his participation trophy and call it a day.

🤣

grizzlies are at a cross road big name coach win not come because the team is not really to win big now .so that leaves us with a young   coach  who never coach in the N.B.A     

L. HOLLINS  would be a GREAT PICK UP  he is  a MEMPHIS guy with MEMPHIS roots 

MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES OWNERSHIP DO IT

1 hour ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Go do something worth while, like play with yourself.

You must do that a lot because you've lost your eyesight

Think if we just win half of the games we had double digit leads in the second half we would have been a couple games out of the playoffs and keeping JB wouldn't have been an issue. 

13 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Think if we just win half of the games we had double digit leads in the second half we would have been a couple games out of the playoffs and keeping JB wouldn't have been an issue. 

But the Grizzlies didn’t win those games.

3 hours ago, chipc3 said:

But the Grizzlies didn’t win those games.

I know, if he wanted to stay, he should have won the games he was supposed to. 

in sports you can not sue for human error you can only sue for human harm