GF#1

Grizzlies have dismissed JB Bickerstaff

7 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I understand what you are saying and agree in most respects. However, you have to understand the opposing thought process. 

There are numerous people on this board who think like Ricky Bobby's dad ("If you ain't first, you're worst")ÔĽŅ. Anything short of a title is a losing season in their eyes. Under that standard this team as built isn't likely to win a title so it should be blown up and start fresh.¬†

Like I said I am on your side here but I do appreciate the opposing viewpoints. 

Can't understand that thinking. Only 1 team wins the title in any year. So do the other 29 teams blow it up in the off season. Obviously not.

I like JB as a person.  The problem I had was he allowed Grizzlies to be inconsistent in a game.  I understand the injuries, new players, etc. makes it hard to coach.  And, maybe if we had a core group that was healthy the whole season, that JB would have showed how good of a HC he is.  But, the micro managing during the game, and, not making coach move to stop the times when the team would lose a big lead, is what is all on JB.  I hope he succeeds in his new position.

1 minute ago, GameOn said:

Can't understand that thinking. Only 1 team wins the title in any year. So do the other 29 teams blow it up in the off season. Obviously not.

Furthermore, from my count, there are only 8 different teams that have won a Championship in the past 20 years. Less than a third of the league. So by their logic, 67% of NBA teams should be tanking every year? Ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, Grizzly_Bear said:

Mike ain't happy.

image.png.a018505e28a73596ed7809999532d651.png

Looks like it. But why would he care, he wants out anyway? Unless he had some special agreement with Wallace regarding his trade.  

3 minutes ago, rc0213 said:

I like JB as a person.  The problem I had was he allowed Grizzlies to be inconsistent in a game.  I understand the injuries, new players, etc. makes it hard to coach.  And, maybe if we had a core group that was healthy the whole season, that JB would have showed how good of a HC he is.  But, the micro managing during the game, and, not making coach move to stop the times when the team would lose a big lead, is what is all on JB.  I hope he succeeds in his new position.

My only problem with him is when we had Mack and Green and he consistently played lineups that were statistically proven to be horrible. Once those guys were taken out of the picture, things got much better. The fact that the players seem to like him and play hard for him is a big bonus. Add that to all the turmoil from the front office like botched trades and then losing nearly every vet on the team to injury, I think he deserved one more year honestly. He was given quite the mess to work with.

4 minutes ago, GameOn said:

Looks like it. But why would he care, he wants out anyway? Unless he had some special agreement with Wallace regarding his trade.  

I don't really think he wanted out.

I felt so good about this team after yesterday's win and the way they played since the trade deadline. Plus JV said he wanted to return.

What a buzzkill this is. 

I agree with the decision to relieve JB of is coaching duties, but the way it was handled sucked.

21 minutes ago, GameOn said:

True only 1 team can win but if you aren't positioning yourself to be that team then what are you doing. We already had the team where we go to the playoffs just to lose hell even Mike said he was tired of doing that. You want your team to be in position to compete for championships not compete for the 8th seed

31 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I understand what you are saying and agree in most respects. However, you have to understand the opposing thought process. 

There are numerous people on this board who think like Ricky Bobby's dad ("If you ain't first, you're worst"). Anything short of a title is a losing season in their eyes. Under that standard this team as built isn't likely to win a title so it should be blown up and start fresh. 

Like I said I am on your side here but I do appreciate the opposing viewpoints. 

yeah but basketball isn't like nascar, you don't go from worst to first easily. There is a trajectory. My issue with the board is a philosophical one: which is, I don't believe you can coordinate, draft two superstars. Not in this day in age where superstars come around once every 5 years at best.

Chemistry and longevity playing together matter more than that.    

52 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

The fans have already abandoned them, they're not going to hang on to a 40 win team that doesn't make the playoffs. We need to bottom out and bite the bullet that we'll give it a top 5 pick in 2021.

If we we're a high octane offense,  that might put butts in the stands. 

Too many people think it's a good attribute for J.B. that players or media like him.

To heck with that....give me an a-hole coach who demands accountability from every one whether star players, role players or management.

At the time I didn't like Lionel Hollins approach but I now respect it.

1 hour ago, Once_a_hater said:

Can we try Mark Jackson? 

Yea, great idea. Let's get the guy that couldn't win with Steph Curry on our team. You're a joke. If ya'll really want a preacher for a coach, you're going to get what you ask for.

1 hour ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

What about JV?

JV needs Conley!  The chemistry with Delon is nowhere near what it is with MC.

18 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

Yea, great idea. Let's get the guy that couldn't win with Steph Curry on our team. You're a joke. If ya'll really want a preacher for a coach, you're going to get what you ask for.

He was the one who started winning with the franchise

14 minutes ago, Gogrizz123 said:

About time now hopefully we get back to grit and grind basketball 

Lord no,  we've done that,  lets so something different 

2 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Joerger got canned. Maybe JB would've been better off if he had lost that game last night.

I think Vlade fired Joerger to KEEP his GM spot. He didn't have enough of a backbone to stand-up to the kings unrealistic expectations. That, and only that, is the reason Joerger was fired.

People out here trying to throw people under the bus.

28 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

If we we're a high octane offense,  that might put butts in the stands. 

It doesn't matter how many points you put on the board, it's winning that counts.

26 minutes ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

Kevin McHale

I wouldn't mind that. I just can't imagine him wanting to be a part of this organization as it is being run right now. I would be very surprised to see them sign an established head coach.