GF#1

Grizzlies have dismissed JB Bickerstaff

44 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

Well, at least Wallace now knows which direction he is headed in now...

LOL!!!

42 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

2 bad Stackhouse already left.

Stack would have been a good upgrade to JB. 

43 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I wonder if that's what Stackhouse is thinking. 

Wow, you weren't speechless for very long. 😄

31 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

You all think this changes Conley's mind?   New GM/FO sell him on staying?

Good question. But Mike seems intent on leaving, no matter what.

Sad to here about JB.  With all the injuries, changes, back stage drama, he had the team ready to play hard, and start games good with little more than G-league talent.  They should have kept him and honored his 3 year contract.  

Mike should definitely be gone it's time to go full on Tank rebuild mode conveyed pick or not. I hope they do a legit coaching search but I think Forcier will get the job

52 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

JB needed to go he had no idea what he was doing last year

He was directed to tank last year.

Everyone wanted him to tank last year.

This year rolls around, and then people hold last year's poor record against JB.

That makes no sense.

1 minute ago, Grizzled Vet said:

He was directed to tank last year.

Everyone wanted him to tank last year.

This year rolls around, and then people hold last year's poor record against JB.

That makes no sense.

I think, or at least I hope, Ndq is talking about the season that just ended and not the partial season the season before last. 

32 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

You gotta be kidding me, CW to scouting departament is terrible. A team that had to nail their draft picks, put this clown in the control of the future. I know it was worse when he was the GM but you should have fired him and say a sound good bye.

CW was re-assigned to a "scouting capacity". Sounds like a do nothing job. Just biding his time until his contract runs out.

32 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I dont see Jaren being upset about them moving on from JB, Mike and Marc.   Curios how Jonas and Avery feel because JB did free them up. 

I was just thinking that. I wonder how long it will take to hire another coach. Depending on who gets the coaching job, it might affect whether certain players decide to stay or go.

37 minutes ago, BAMAFREAK said:

Love these moves but geeeez. Fire them before exit interviews and media questioning about the future of the franchise. If I’m J.B. I’m whipping somebodies *** for that

He must be pretty ticked off right now.

29 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

What about JV?

Yeah, he has said multiple times how much he liked JB.

1 minute ago, GameOn said:

Yeah, he has said multiple times how much he liked JB.

Mentioned this in the media day interview thread, but if the website/Grind City Media people are directed to not put in any Wallace or JB sound bites, or any interview where a player praised JB, there might not be much content.

24 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

We need to tank, blow it up

The fan base is already on shaky ground. Fan support would drop in a tank and the franchise could end up in another city.

Man I'm still praying for a Brevin Knight hiring. 

I'd also be cool with promoting Chad Forcier. He's a Popovich disciple and even spent some time under the tutelage of Rick Carlisle. 

14 minutes ago, GameOn said:

The fan base is already on shaky ground. Fan support would drop in a tank and the franchise could end up in another city.

The fans have already abandoned them, they're not going to hang on to a 40 win team that doesn't make the playoffs. We need to bottom out and bite the bullet that we'll give it a top 5 pick in 2021.

2 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

The fans have already abandoned them, they're not going to hang on to a 40 win team that doesn't make the playoffs. We need to bottom out and bite the bullet that we'll give it a top 5 pick in 2021.

Why blow it up? They already have some decent players. Add to that what Mike may bring in and this year's draft pick. How long do you think the fans will hang on to a 25 win team. Tanking is not a guarantee of success. I say rebuild on the fly.

52 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

We need to tank, blow it up

They already just blew the team up. What the heck are you talking about? This makes no sense. We have more good pieces to build around now than we've ever had. Tanking is a dumb strategy. You are not guaranteed a first overall pick and you're not guaranteed the pick you get will turn out a star player. You build a culture of winning and not condition young guys like Jaren to losing and don't give other people, whether it's players, coaches, managers, or even fans, a reason to avoid this franchise.

6 minutes ago, GameOn said:

Why blow it up? They already have some decent players. Add to that what Mike may bring in and this year's draft pick. How long do you think the fans will hang on to a 25 win team. Tanking is not a guarantee of success. I say rebuild on the fly.

I understand what you are saying and agree in most respects. However, you have to understand the opposing thought process. 

There are numerous people on this board who think like Ricky Bobby's dad ("If you ain't first, you're worst"). Anything short of a title is a losing season in their eyes. Under that standard this team as built isn't likely to win a title so it should be blown up and start fresh. 

Like I said I am on your side here but I do appreciate the opposing viewpoints.