Sign in to follow this  
ALT GRIND

The Official Coin Flip thread: What's it gonna be?

1 minute ago, Grizzled Vet said:

This would be a bad time for this website to go down

No jinxing please!!!

Nba Tv nice enough to remind us that the Clippers pick was traded by Memphis to Boston for Deyonta Davis. 

3 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Nba Tv nice enough to remind us that the Clippers pick was traded by Memphis to Boston for Deyonta Davis. 

AND Rade Zagorac, can't forget him 

3 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

It is live on NBA twitter.

Oops. Just saw your post. No need for me to post then. 

Worst possible outcome. Of course 

1 minute ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Grizzlies at 8.

Only 1 team from 8-14 needs to "win" one of those 4 spots, including the Grizzlies.

Do you know the chances of that perhaps?

Just now, Rdk4121 said:

I think its like a 61% chance for a 8-14 team to pick top 4.

1 minute ago, Allen said:

Worst possible outcome. Of course 

It's better than 7th. Now it's only 1 of 3 options:

1. End up top 4

2. End up 9th and convey

3. Draft whoevers there of White, Garland, Hunter, Culver, Reddish. Consensus top 5 in our range. 1 will be there no matter what.

8 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

For Grizzlies:

Odds of picking 8 are 31.2%

Odds of top 4: 26.2%

So over 42% chance to get bumped to 9 or 10

Grizzlies will have a 26.2 percent chance of a Top 4 pick. A 42.6 percent chance of sending their pick to Boston. A 31.2 percent chance of picking 8th according to Chris Herrington.

7 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Grizzlies will have a 26.2 percent chance of a Top 4 pick. A 42.6 percent chance of sending their pick to Boston. A 31.2 percent chance of picking 8th according to Chris Herrington.

So 68.8 percent chance something good will happen 

10 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

That'll be a stressful NBA Draft Lottery evening; if I remember correctly they unveil the outcome of the lottery in reverse order, so hopefully one of the lower teams jumps up right away and then we can know for certain that we've either conveyed or jumped into the top 4 as well.

By the way, new to the boards after following the Grizzlies since their late Vancouver days. Been reading for years now and excited to finally be a part of the madness here.

Just now, ACGrizz said:

That'll be a stressful NBA Draft Lottery evening; if I remember correctly they unveil the outcome of the lottery in reverse order, so hopefully one of the lower teams jumps up right away and then we can know for certain that we've either conveyed or jumped into the top 4 as well.

By the way, new to the boards after following the Grizzlies since their late Vancouver days. Been reading for years now and excited to finally be a part of the madness here.

Probably took you that long to get approved to post here....

Well, the two best things that could happen are:

1. A team below us jumps us bumping us to 9th (my preferred option because I think there are tons of questions about the top of teh lottery let alone the middle of the lottery)
  2. We jump to the top 3 (or 4 or whatever it is). I actually wouldn't want to see this. I mean, it's obvious depending on teh slot we would draft either Zion or Barrett or Ja but all have serious questions. nOt sure if it's worth the chance, just give up the pick

Otherwise, we're just wasting a draft pick (kind of like we wasted that Wade Baldwin pick)

We'll see what happens a sthis saga continues.........

Weeeeelll its better than 7th.  Only need one  to jump you and still have a shot at getting into the top 4.  I'd rather be 9th but, you know, Grizz and stuff.

It's sad that we'll be having another lottery watch party instead of actually being a decent team. 

I'd be cool with top 3 or convey. Would be very disappointed with #8 or #4. Well... maybe someone would screw up the top 3 picks and we'd get one of Ja Morant or RJ Barrett. Honestly think this draft is sketchy and would be happiest with conveying.