Sign in to follow this  
ALT GRIND

The Official Coin Flip thread: What's it gonna be?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Grizzled Vet said:

This would be a bad time for this website to go down

No jinxing please!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nba Tv nice enough to remind us that the Clippers pick was traded by Memphis to Boston for Deyonta Davis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Nba Tv nice enough to remind us that the Clippers pick was traded by Memphis to Boston for Deyonta Davis. 

AND Rade Zagorac, can't forget him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

It is live on NBA twitter.

Oops. Just saw your post. No need for me to post then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worst possible outcome. Of course 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Grizzlies at 8.

Only 1 team from 8-14 needs to "win" one of those 4 spots, including the Grizzlies.

 

Do you know the chances of that perhaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rdk4121 said:

Do you know the chances of that perhaps?

I think its like a 61% chance for a 8-14 team to pick top 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Allen said:

Worst possible outcome. Of course 

It's better than 7th. Now it's only 1 of 3 options:

1. End up top 4

2. End up 9th and convey

3. Draft whoevers there of White, Garland, Hunter, Culver, Reddish. Consensus top 5 in our range. 1 will be there no matter what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Do you know the chances of that perhaps?

For Grizzlies:

Odds of picking 8 are 31.2%

Odds of top 4: 26.2%

So over 42% chance to get bumped to 9 or 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grizzlies will have a 26.2 percent chance of a Top 4 pick. A 42.6 percent chance of sending their pick to Boston. A 31.2 percent chance of picking 8th according to Chris Herrington.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Grizzlies will have a 26.2 percent chance of a Top 4 pick. A 42.6 percent chance of sending their pick to Boston. A 31.2 percent chance of picking 8th according to Chris Herrington.

So 68.8 percent chance something good will happen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Grizzlies will have a 26.2 percent chance of a Top 4 pick. A 42.6 percent chance of sending their pick to Boston. A 31.2 percent chance of picking 8th according to Chris Herrington.

That'll be a stressful NBA Draft Lottery evening; if I remember correctly they unveil the outcome of the lottery in reverse order, so hopefully one of the lower teams jumps up right away and then we can know for certain that we've either conveyed or jumped into the top 4 as well.

By the way, new to the boards after following the Grizzlies since their late Vancouver days. Been reading for years now and excited to finally be a part of the madness here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ACGrizz said:

That'll be a stressful NBA Draft Lottery evening; if I remember correctly they unveil the outcome of the lottery in reverse order, so hopefully one of the lower teams jumps up right away and then we can know for certain that we've either conveyed or jumped into the top 4 as well.

By the way, new to the boards after following the Grizzlies since their late Vancouver days. Been reading for years now and excited to finally be a part of the madness here.

Probably took you that long to get approved to post here....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the two best things that could happen are:

  1. A team below us jumps us bumping us to 9th (my preferred option because I think there are tons of questions about the top of teh lottery let alone the middle of the lottery)
  2. We jump to the top 3 (or 4 or whatever it is). I actually wouldn't want to see this. I mean, it's obvious depending on teh slot we would draft either Zion or Barrett or Ja but all have serious questions. nOt sure if it's worth the chance, just give up the pick

Otherwise, we're just wasting a draft pick (kind of like we wasted that Wade Baldwin pick)

We'll see what happens a sthis saga continues.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weeeeelll its better than 7th.  Only need one  to jump you and still have a shot at getting into the top 4.  I'd rather be 9th but, you know, Grizz and stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's sad that we'll be having another lottery watch party instead of actually being a decent team. 

I'd be cool with top 3 or convey. Would be very disappointed with #8 or #4. Well... maybe someone would screw up the top 3 picks and we'd get one of Ja Morant or RJ Barrett. Honestly think this draft is sketchy and would be happiest with conveying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this