Grizzled Vet

Comments from media day..

Recommended Posts

Today is media day/exit interview day and most players and coaches will speak.

 

The fact Wallace is speaking indicates that I think he will be back, at least through the draft.

 

JB will be back.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like my source is wrong or premature. Wallace is staying is what I am hearing now. How much control he'll have over the draft, trades and free agency are unknown at this time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Thanks for this thread @grizzledvet

Dang Conley is OUT.   Bet he texting Pera today his list of preferred destinations.     

It sure does sound that way ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Thanks for this thread @grizzledvet

Dang Conley is OUT.   Bet he texting Pera today his list of preferred destinations.     

 

Yeah, he definitely seems resigned to this not being his team anymore.

The more competitive Utah is in their series, the better that is for the Grizzlies. They need to think they are a MC away from WC finals.  Ditto for Indiana or Brooklyn.

 

Even if he returns, I think MC has gone from the guy willing to play with a broken face to a guy who has been disappointed by the Grizzlies to the point that he will start to think for himself first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Joerger is basically like the Ricky Davis of coaches. 

 

To be fair, he's worked in a couple franchises that go through coaches pretty fast. Those that make questionable moves, as well.

I would welcome him again on the sidelines as JB's defensive coach.  I think that is where he will be (as a defensive coach), but not in Memphis, of course.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

 

Yeah, he definitely seems resigned to this not being his team anymore.

The more competitive Utah is in their series, the better that is for the Grizzlies. They need to think they are a MC away from WC finals.  Ditto for Indiana or Brooklyn.

 

Even if he returns, I think MC has gone from the guy willing to play with a broken face to a guy who has been disappointed by the Grizzlies to the point that he will start to think for himself first.

Yea when a guy says what he says.  I don't want him back.   Especially after CJ talked about how important it is to play with guys you like. 

Only asset Utah has that I want is Donovan Mitchell.   Even their picks suck.   If its the West then its Laker or Bust.  Otherwise send him out East. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grizzled Vet said:

 

To be fair, he's worked in a couple franchises that go through coaches pretty fast. Those that make questionable moves, as well.

I would welcome him again on the sidelines as JB's defensive coach.  I think that is where he will be (as a defensive coach), but not in Memphis, of course.

 

 

 

JB defense isn't that bad - it's his offense that needs overhaul.     I'd be surprised if Joerger gets another gig.  I am sure Lionel somewhere sipping champagne and having a toast!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Looks like my source is wrong or premature. Wallace is staying is what I am hearing now. How much control he'll have over the draft, trades and free agency are unknown at this time. 

Looks like I spoke too soon! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gogrizz123 said:

Has Mike Conley spoke yet

why are you not in school if your only 17 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grizzled Vet, thanks for the links to the interviews. What a crappy Media Day. The interviews are too short - Jaren 15 seconds? CJ 17 seconds, etc. Also the technical quality is horrible. In JV's interview, the audio is so low and background noise is so high, that I could barely understand what he was saying. Why do the media companies even bother to upload this garbage? These interviews look like a totally chaotic scrum. Why don't they set up a table (like for JB's post game interviews) and bring in players (and JB and Wallace) one at a time for a 2-5 minute interview. And use PROFESSIONAL video and audio equipment to do the recordings. Not cell phones or cheapo camcorders which are a joke. Very disappointed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

 

To be fair, he's worked in a couple franchises that go through coaches pretty fast. Those that make questionable moves, as well.

I would welcome him again on the sidelines as JB's defensive coach.  I think that is where he will be (as a defensive coach), but not in Memphis, of course.

 

 

 

 

this is a FRANCHISE were every one in MANAGMENT is way over there heads  the owners SUCK, the gm. SUCKS its  SAD because the kings seem to have a GREAT LOYAL fan base hire the best person, not the person you feel sorry for

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Grizz&Grind said:

I can't tell you which direction we're headed in right now

its the same direction every year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

poor OVER PRICE F.E poor drafting   POOR management  and most of all POOR ownership

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, GameOn said:

Grizzled Vet, thanks for the links to the interviews. What a crappy Media Day. The interviews are too short - Jaren 15 seconds? CJ 17 seconds, etc. Also the technical quality is horrible. In JV's interview, the audio is so low and background noise is so high, that I could barely understand what he was saying. Why do the media companies even bother to upload this garbage? These interviews look like a totally chaotic scrum. Why don't they set up a table (like for JB's post game interviews) and bring in players (and JB and Wallace) one at a time for a 2-5 minute interview. And use PROFESSIONAL video and audio equipment to do the recordings. Not cell phones or cheapo camcorders which are a joke. Very disappointed. 

 

I am sure they will be higher quality ones on the website....well, except for any involving Wallace or JB, or any that involve a player saying how excited they were to have JB next year....so maybe there won't be any.

 

 

I'll say this, I know there is no great way to fire a coach and/or GM, but rolling them out at a media day where they don't know, and them axing them immediately after, well that is pretty crappy.

I legitimately feel bad for JB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

JB defense isn't that bad - it's his offense that needs overhaul.     I'd be surprised if Joerger gets another gig.  I am sure Lionel somewhere sipping champagne and having a toast!

....on a beer budget!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

JB defense isn't that bad - it's his offense that needs overhaul.     I'd be surprised if Joerger gets another gig.  I am sure Lionel somewhere sipping champagne and having a toast!

I wouldn't be surprised if Joerger sits out a season (on Sacramento's dime no less) and then makes himself available for the Minnesota job if Saunders doesn't turn things around. Joerger can coach but his relationships with bad front office's leaves a lot to be desired. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

 

I am sure they will be higher quality ones on the website....well, except for any involving Wallace or JB, or any that involve a player saying how excited they were to have JB next year....so maybe there won't be any.

 

 

I'll say this, I know there is no great way to fire a coach and/or GM, but rolling them out at a media day where they don't know, and them axing them immediately after, well that is pretty crappy.

I legitimately feel bad for JB.

Which website would that be?

Agreed about the way this was handled. Seems totally disorganized. Don't the Grizz have a PR department to coordinate all this stuff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now