Sign in to follow this  
Gogrizz123

Regular season memories and thoughts about the offseason

14 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I also asked Chris Wallace what the long-term, multi-year plan for the franchise was, and his quote began: "I can't tell you which direction we're headed in right now because we're so early in the process..."

Typical Wallace - no meaningful answers or plans.

13 hours ago, Gogrizz123 said:

What’s y’all best memories and thoughts about the offseason 

Obviously, the 12-5, top of the West was an exciting way to start the season. However, in my opinion,  handing the super hot Milwaukee Bucks their first loss of the season and at their new arena meant everything to me. I knew it was early but we looked super scary.

I really hated to see Marc traded but the new acquisitions made it easier to get over. These guys obviously have chemistry and I do like how Bickerstaff encouraged them to play their natural game. How many franchise records were made? It's never fun missing the playoffs but at least it was fun to watch.

I'm very excited to see JJJ work on his game. No one can deny his talent and potential. I'm not really concerned with is high foul rate because that can be addressed. I simply loved that he wanted to get stops!

Last but not least, 21 threes!!! I don't care how great any team is; if you give up 21 threes it's going to be nearly impossible to win. This has been a crazy season. At least the second half was fun.

52 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I also asked Chris Wallace what the long-term, multi-year plan for the franchise was, and his quote began: "I can't tell you which direction we're headed in right now because we're so early in the process..."

44 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

CW doesn't have a vision, he just reacts to everything like a clown

I have heard that is what another poster suggests is the proper strategy. 

51 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

CW doesn't have a vision, he just reacts to everything like a clown

I agree

12 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I'm convinced that Toke IS Father Pat and Chipc3. Those guys get away with everything on the board with zero repercussions. They can do basically anything on the board.

And if they say they are offended by anything, you better believe that post will get edited or removed QUICK 

This post offends me. Take care of it Toke.

The highlight of the season for me was traveling with the team to Milwaukee and watching them beat the Bucks. My wife and I got to celebrate Hank McDowell's birthday with Brevin, Eric Hasseltine, Rob Fisher and more of the media crew. Had cocktails in the hotel lobby with some of the Grizzlies front office people too. It was a great trip. 

Until the lottery reveals the final position of the Grizzlies in the draft it is difficult to say what I expect from this off-season. Clearly if the pick is conveyed that would likely mean Mike is gone as well. If it isn't Mike may still be gone. The Grizzlies need to resign Jonas and Delon, waive Dorsey, Zeller and Washburn  and make a decision on Holiday, Bradley and Noah. 

The team has potential to make the playoffs with this roster but Mike doesn't appear to want to be a part of a One and Done playoff scenario. What the Grizzlies can get for him will go a long way in determining what else can and must be done. 

12 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I'm convinced that Toke IS Father Pat and Chipc3. Those guys get away with everything on the board with zero repercussions. They can do basically anything on the board.

And if they say they are offended by anything, you better believe that post will get edited or removed QUICK 

HAHA!

Toke should be offended by this remark. I couldn't care less what KBM says because he has been proven to be wrong so many times in the past it is hard to take him seriously about anything. 

14 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

After the trade for Delon Wright, I predicted he would have 3 triple doubles in the last 4 games.

I bet Toke deleted that thread because of all the profanity from Chip and Father Pat, so nobody go look for it.  Also, there's probably a embedded image in there that a virus. 

It's also written in Hebrew (orthodox)....

I saw that post, but it's as if you wrote it backwards or something 🙂 

13 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

yet... this post stands .

52 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

HAHA!

Toke should be offended by this remark. I couldn't care less what KBM says because he has been proven to be wrong so many times in the past it is hard to take him seriously about anything. 

not offended ... and not entirely surprised either.

My FIRST good memory of this past season was hooking up with a few of the boys from the boards and sitting ON THE FLOOR at the Fedex Forum for the draft ! 

Side note: are we doing that again this summer ? New tradition?

21 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

My FIRST good memory of this past season was hooking up with a few of the boys from the boards and sitting ON THE FLOOR at the Fedex Forum for the draft ! 

Side note: are we doing that again this summer ? New tradition?

Wow. Sounds cool.  

This season, to me, was like 3 mini-seasons. The Grizzlies started off on fire, did a 180 and couldn't buy a win, and then the post Gasol part. One thing I have noticed since the Marc trade is that I don't yell at the TV anymore when watching Grizzlies games. I have come to have more respect for JB after seeing how well the team played with a bunch of guys (excluding JV) that most people never heard of before this season. A year ago today we knew Rabb. Zeller and Holiday were just the brothers of better NBA players. Everyone else that played last night we (most of us) hadn't heard of them. A heck of a nice season ending game, especially under the circumstances.

As for offseason thoughts, who the heck knows. A bunch of things can happen, and also nothing. If KD leaves the Warriors, there may be a greater likelihood of the Grizzlies getting a good deal for Conley. Other teams will have higher hopes if the Warriors look more beatable. As for the draft, my inner Memphian is saying that if we somehow luck out and get the number 1 pick, it will be followed by an announcement that the team is moving to Las Vegas. (just joking - mostly) 🙂

2 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

This season, to me, was like 3 mini-seasons. The Grizzlies started off on fire, did a 180 and couldn't buy a win, and then the post Gasol part. One thing I have noticed since the Marc trade is that I don't yell at the TV anymore when watching Grizzlies games. I have come to have more respect for JB after seeing how well the team played with a bunch of guys (excluding JV) that most people never heard of before this season. A year ago today we knew Rabb. Zeller and Holiday were just the brothers of better NBA players. Everyone else that played last night we (most of us) hadn't heard of them. A heck of a nice season ending game, especially under the circumstances.

As for offseason thoughts, who the heck knows. A bunch of things can happen, and also nothing. If KD leaves the Warriors, there may be a greater likelihood of the Grizzlies getting a good deal for Conley. Other teams will have higher hopes if the Warriors look more beatable. As for the draft, my inner Memphian is saying that if we somehow luck out and get the number 1 pick, it will be followed by an announcement that the team is moving to Las Vegas. (just joking - mostly) 🙂

I wish the Lakers would move to Las Vegas.

post marc space and pace with three point shooters and ball handlers everywhere plus bigs playing big

20 different leading scorers lol

20 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Thoughts about the offseason:

1. Fire Wallace

2. Fire JB

3. Move Parsons

1 & 1/2 now achieved.

Item #3 next priority, then finish the job on item #1

1 minute ago, BigHunkALove said:

1 & 1/2 now achieved.

Item #3 next priority, then finish the job on item #1

What if no team wants Parsons

1 minute ago, Gogrizz123 said:

What if no team wants Parsons

If nobody wants him without having to take on extra years of a bad contract and without any 1st rnd picks (I know, mostly impossible), then deal with him like Luol Deng treatment in LA, or Kanter treatment in NYK

How we shut down Kyle and JJJ even though they had minor injury's I just didn't get that.

Also Temple is now in my opinion the worst grizzlies vet we ever got in FA awful signing.

7 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I have heard that is what another poster suggests is the proper strategy. 

Wouldn't you think it would be hard to say as you don't know just right yet what players may or may not be with the Grizz next year and JV is a very big part of that equasion as is Noah and MC also or who they may get for him.

12 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Wouldn't you think it would be hard to say as you don't know just right yet what players may or may not be with the Grizz next year and JV is a very big part of that equasion as is Noah and MC also or who they may get for him.

Hopefully JV will stay with the grizz though,and when is the deadline for the players to pick up their player options and what happens if they they don’t pick it up