GameOn

JV on the Chris Vernon Show: He wants to stay in Memphis

JV was on the Chris Vernon Show yesterday. Chris asked him about his player option. He shrugged that off and said that he wants a long term contract and stability. Then JV said that Memphis was on the top of his list for a long term contract. Plus there's some interesting historical info about his life and career. JV's interview starts at 29 minutes and 15 seconds and lasts about 20 minutes. Enjoy and comment. Link:  

Woohoo. Gng 3.0. Lithunian Zbo. The Gasol's stepbrother. Cant wait for all of the nicknames and monikers as we make another playoff push.

Waste of cap space but whatever 

10 minutes ago, Allen said:

Waste of cap space but whatever 

Thank you Mr. Cheerful.

Peter Edmiston just announced Mike Conley has formally requested a trade. GTF is ecstatic. 

3 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Peter Edmiston just announced Mike Conley has formally requested a trade. GTF is ecstatic. 

Are you serious?

1 minute ago, Dwash said:

Are you serious?

D3zLNo7XoAElSX0.jpg

"When do I get the opportunity to do what's best for me individually?" After a career of putting everyone else first, Mike Conley is tired of being overlooked, tired of "just making noise", and ready for his next step.

From Peter Edmiston's twitter feed. 

1 minute ago, chipc3 said:

D3zLNo7XoAElSX0.jpg

Yep, like I once said this is why teams typically do not commit to keeping vets around during losing. Its hard to keep them interested.

However, not sure what team he truely slides into and makes them an instant contender. So that part will be intruiging.

Conveying is so important now!

I’m tired of just making noise too Mike. That seems like all were shooting for around here though 

1 hour ago, GameOn said:

Thank you Mr. Cheerful.

You’re welcome. It would just be another contract that we’re trying to get rid of in two years 

8 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

One day Chip you will stop denying my psychic abilities.    

There is always a spot for you on the 900 line testimonials!

Now we can start talking about bringing back Avery Bradley.    Because with Conley gone i need another shot creator on the perimeter.   

Unless Lakers come calling i see Mike heading East.   Pera will probably stipulate that Mike goes where he wants.  

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Now we can start talking about bringing back Avery Bradley.    Because with Conley gone i need another shot creator on the perimeter.   

Unless Lakers come calling i see Mike heading East.   Pera will probably stipulate that Mike goes where he wants.  

We need to rebuild. Stop trying to patch teams together 

6 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Magic is out in LA. I wonder how that will affect the Lakers ability to make trades? I wonder if the Grizzlies can get lucky twice on trades and quicken the turnaround? I'd sure like to see this team play better after the last two seasons.  

5 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Just curious what are we trying to achieve with Avery Bradley as our "shot creator" that we "need?"

4 minutes ago, Allen said:

We need to rebuild. Stop trying to patch teams together 

How does retaining a solid vet player hurt a rebuild?     Thinking we need to constantly bottom out every season and play nothing but 20yr olds is not a recipe for longterm success.   

Jaren plus this years pick,  Bruno  Dillon and whatever pieces we get from Conley trade - counts towards rebuild.      Adding Avery, Delon and Jonas isn't going to hurt development of young players.   

Just now, Dwash said:

Just curious what are we trying to achieve with Avery Bradley as our "shot creator" that we "need?"

I assume it is a quick playoff run to convey Boston the pick without giving up a lottery pick in the process. 

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

How does retaining a solid vet player hurt a rebuild?     Thinking we need to constantly bottom out every season and play nothing but 20yr olds is not a recipe for longterm success.   

Jaren plus this years pick,  Bruno  Dillon and whatever pieces we get from Conley trade - counts towards rebuild.      Adding Avery, Delon and Jonas isn't going to hurt development of young players.   

Seems the best way to go, the problemn is we cant overpay none of those guys

I assume it is a quick playoff run to convey Boston the pick without giving up a lottery pick in the process. 

With no Conley? 

Just now, Dwash said:

More than likely we aren't going to convey this season, correct.    Conley wants out and will more than likely be granted that, correct.    So next season we should be playing to stay out of bottom 10 slots in order to convey.    We will need actual NBA players to do that.

Not many vets are lining up to play for a non-playoff team with no money.    

In summary we are trying to 'achieve' the convey next season.  

1 minute ago, Dwash said:

With no Conley? 

It was either going to be no Conley or no Bradley. There was never any discussion of them both returning. 

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

Avery Bradley, Jonas and Delon isn’t the answer to anything. 

Bradley can take a 1 year deal and that’s it. 

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

More than likely we aren't going to convey this season, correct.    Conley wants out and will more than likely be granted that, correct.    So next season we should be playing to stay out of bottom 10 slots in order to convey.    We will need actual NBA players to do that.

Not many vets are lining up to play for a non-playoff team with no money.    

In summary we are trying to 'achieve' the convey next season.  

We've seen how well that worked the past two seasons...

IT was either going to be no Conley or no Bradley. There was never any discussion of them both returning. 

Why not? They don’t even play the same position