Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs Golden State Warriors - 4/10/19

22 minutes ago, CarloJ63 said:

Speaking of records, I think Jevon tied the team record for made 3's in a game.

For a guy that can't shoot St Jude answered his call

4 minutes ago, Gogrizz123 said:

Now 171-162

To be fair, you have to let this thread linger for at least another 24 hours.

Glad Yuta finally scored.

5 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Maybe, but maybe he's also watching and realizing that he might not get the trophy wherever he goes, but it means something to do what Dirk did.  Going to Indiana probably gets him an All-Star nod or 3, but it won't be the same when he's retiring. 

I think he's approaching the same boat as Kemba. Now it's multiple years of no playoffs or 1-n-dones in the prime of his career. He's running out of time if he wants to be a real contributor on a championship team.

Just now, cdp said:

I think he's approaching the same boat as Kemba. Now it's multiple years of no playoffs or 1-n-dones in the prime of his career. He's running out of time if he wants to be a real contributor on a championship team.

Agreed, but it's also going to be tough for him to find a team where he that is in championship contention AND would have him as their first or 2nd highest paid player.

I know it doesn't have to be a championship or bust team, as I think he just wants to contend, but his own salary makes it a steep hill to climb.

Plus, I think he has to be encouraged by seeing the roster on the court this last few weeks.

1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

Carter doing everything to show he shouldn't get cut in the offseason

Lol no way he gets cut.  If they would have been consistantly giving him time he could of had several games similar to this one. He will be in the league a long time. 

1 minute ago, smit-tay griz said:

Did we win?  No Team Hero thread?

I started a team hero thread. 

2 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Agreed, but it's also going to be tough for him to find a team where he that is in championship contention AND would have him as their first or 2nd highest paid player.

I know it doesn't have to be a championship or bust team, as I think he just wants to contend, but his own salary makes it a steep hill to climb.

Plus, I think he has to be encouraged by seeing the roster on the court this last few weeks.

Delon moves the ball around much better than MC, I would rather see him go.

2 hours ago, Gogrizz123 said:

How do you get the gifs

Oh, Google searches, which I've saved the urls in a reference document.  Cut and paste for posting.

10 hours ago, GameOn said:

Glad you survived!!!

10 hours ago, Gogrizz123 said:

Wow

you see I said shoot instead of shot I,m testing your English skills

I'm sure that I speak for everyone by saying good job and thank you for your time and effort on the game threads Chip.

Hats off to you.

2 hours ago, Father Pat said:

I'm sure that I speak for everyone by saying good job and thank you for your time and effort on the game threads Chip.

Hats off to you.

+1 Great job !!!

6 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

For a guy that can't shoot St Jude answered his call

I'm not Catholic, but I believe St. Jude is the patron saint of lost causes, or something to that effect.  Is that right?

24 minutes ago, CarloJ63 said:

I'm not Catholic, but I believe St. Jude is the patron saint of lost causes, or something to that effect.  Is that right?

Bango!

And the Memphis connection (with the children's hospital) it makes it more connected

12 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Bango!

And the Memphis connection (with the children's hospital) it makes it more connected

Yup.  And Jude is Hubie Brown's middle name.  A little piece of useless trivia there.

25 minutes ago, CarloJ63 said:

Yup.  And Jude is Hubie Brown's middle name.  A little piece of useless trivia there.

Thanks for the info!

I work late and miss the most part of most games. But from what I've seen, the most important stat for this game was Parsons - 0 minutes. Guys differ to him. He gums up the works. He should position for 3s, screens and rebounds (and concentrate on his grab and hold defense.)

I hope Parsons and Conley are gone soon. And I wish Mike a ring somewhere.

On 4/9/2019 at 8:55 PM, Gogrizz123 said:

Same

That literally cracks me up. I try to ask em if they no any prior warriors that were decent players. They’re like who is Baron Davis.

11 hours ago, Father Pat said:

Hats off to you.

I second that motion.

On 4/11/2019 at 12:12 AM, Father Pat said:

Hats off to you.

Yes, @chipc3

I hope you see we appreciate the work you did.

Any chiding or correcting of mistakes was to mask our own shortcomings.

Yes, Chip, I would like to add my thanks for the game threads.  I'm sure they are time consuming and require considerable effort.  I know we nit picked them at times, but rest assured it was all good natured ribbing.  In all seriousness, thank you and good job.