Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs Golden State Warriors - 4/10/19

45 minutes ago, Gogrizz123 said:

Who’s all sad besides me that today is the season finale for the grizzlies 

I'm sad but glad too. I love watching the Grizzlies play but maybe this end will signal change for the future. 

I'm not sad that I don't have to do anymore pre-games for a while however. 

13 hours ago, Dwash said:

KD and Klay wont play hard aand probably wont finish the game.

Plus Curry has a sprained foot. This game is now meaningless for them. They were trying to win, so they could have home court advantage in case they played the Raptors in the finals. But the Raptors win last night put an end to that idea.

12 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I believe that even if Warriors win this game and tie Toronto at 58 wins for the season, the Raptors still own the home court advantage if they meet in the NBA championship, so I believe all those guys will sit and the Grizzlies will face a peppy bench squad.

You're right. Raptors won last night and have 58 wins compared to GSW's 57 wins. And the Raptors have the tie breaker. So this should mostly bench vs bench tonight.

6 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

If that's the case it may come down to coaching.  Kerr is good at mid game adjustments; JB.....eh I don't think so.

It may not matter (as far as home court advantage goes) if they win, but instilling confidence in his 2nd & 3rd stringers is something a smart coach will always have in mind.

My prediction.... Grizzlies come out hot and carry a big lead near the end of the 2nd quarter.  Sloppy careless play (which isn't nipped in the bud right away) causes the lead to go to single digits by halftime.  Warriors inch ahead in the 3rd and win going away by 12.

I've seen this movie before.

As recently as last night!

2 hours ago, Gogrizz123 said:

Who’s all sad besides me that today is the season finale for the grizzlies 

👍

We win we're tied for 7th/8th possibly 9th if Dallas loses, we lose we're tied for 6th/7th

So losing tonight is actually the worst-case scenario. If we end up 6th we get 5.5% better chance of getting a top 4 pick but then a 10% better chance of landing in 7th, which is the worst spot to be because then there's no hope of conveying and you're not getting a player with anymore potential than ones you can get at 8th.

I'd say win and pray for 8th on the coinflip. Gives us the most options.

Wow, 30 replies already. Do you guys still post in the off season? Do you get televised coverage of summer league in Memphis (I believe it's July 5-15)? Sad that this is the last game of the season for this depleted rag tag crew. Though they were fun to watch. So many new career, team and franchise records set in the last 2 months! The month of March was amazing. Can't wait for the pre-season to start, with a fully healthy team. 

4 minutes ago, GameOn said:

Wow, 30 replies already. Do you guys still post in the off season? Do you get televised coverage of summer league in Memphis (I believe it's July 5-15)? Sad that this is the last game of the season for this depleted rag tag crew. Though they were fun to watch. So many new career, team and franchise records set in the last 2 months! The month of March was amazing. Can't wait for the pre-season to start, with a fully healthy team. 

We talk thru the draft a lot. Summer league generates discussions from a few misguided people (like myself) and free agency usually gets people talking. 

With Conley demanding a trade today I'm sure this summer's conversations will be lively. 

14 hours ago, lions said:

just took a look at the starters for the warriors . if the warriors start and play that line up the grizzlies loss by 30

GOLDEN STATE- Stephen Curry (Out, foot), DeMarcus Cousins (Out, load management) Draymond Green (Out Load Management), Shaun Livingston (Out, Load Management) Kevin Durant (Questionable, flu), Klay Thompson (Questionble, knee). Source:  GrizzlyBearBlues.com

14 hours ago, Gogrizz123 said:

Only way we win is the warriors are all injured 

Curry out, Thompson doubtful, Durant doubtful, Green out, Boogie Cousins out, Shaun Livingston out. 

It's pretty close to everyone...

59 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

We talk thru the draft a lot. Summer league generates discussions from a few misguided people (like myself) and free agency usually gets people talking. 

With Conley demanding a trade today I'm sure this summer's conversations will be lively. 

Conley just came out today and said he wants a trade??? Source?

5 minutes ago, GameOn said:

Conley just came out today and said he wants a trade??? Source?

Peter Edmiston's twitter account

21 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Peter Edmiston's twitter account

Thanks chip. Mike said he just doesn't want to make noise anymore, he wants a championship. Ironically, he is now going to make a lot of noise with the fans and management. I guess the question now is - do any championship level teams want him?

8 minutes ago, GameOn said:

Thanks chip. Mike said he just doesn't want to make noise anymore, he wants a championship. Ironically, he is now going to make a lot of noise with the fans and management. I guess the question now is - do any championship level teams want him?

Boston might if they lose Kyrie Irving. Philly might if they don't want to re-sign J J Reddick. San Antonio might if they are worried about Dejonta Murray's rehab. Both the LA teams should be interested. I could see Milwaukee wanting to upgrade from George Hill. I could even see Houston interested in moving on from Chris Paul for Mike. Utah and Indy have been GTF's favorite landing spots for a while although he may change his mind on that.

Basically any team would want him outside of Golden State. It would be interesting if Toronto traded Kyle Lowry for Conley. 

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Is someone gonna do an Off Season thread apart from a Draft thread?

3 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Is someone gonna do an Off Season thread apart from a Draft thread?

I'm sure there will be many threads about the off-season. 

Just met and actually talked to Bruno for a good 5 minutes downtown an hour ago ! 

He is a really funny young man and he really LOVES being here in Memphis and he is young / new enough to love his job - playing basketball in the NBA !

It was nice to be able to have a few words with a Grizz player and find that they seemed to be decent people ( at least not jaded or jerks ) and ... at least for Bruno - was extremely excited to hear that so many of us are glad that he's getting better as the season goes on! 

That makes 2 new guys that I've gotten to interact with - Delon and now Bruno. 

They both seemed to be genuinely excited to be HERE in Memphis and were kind of modest when I gave them some of the same compliments and comments that we share here on the boards. 

Haven't caught JV yet BUT I'm hoping that he will be here long enough for me to catch him at least some time next season.

Noah is another one that I would like to say whassup to ...

Welp ... tonight is the night !

I have some 'life' things to do that will keep me tied up until halftime - best believe though that I will be in the Forum in time for the second half tip!

Will Parsons be able to continue his games played streak in tact? 

9 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Just met and actually talked to Bruno for a good 5 minutes downtown an hour ago ! 

He is a really funny young man and he really LOVES being here in Memphis and he is young / new enough to love his job - playing basketball in the NBA !

It was nice to be able to have a few words with a Grizz player and find that they seemed to be decent people ( at least not jaded or jerks ) and ... at least for Bruno - was extremely excited to hear that so many of us are glad that he's getting better as the season goes on! 

That makes 2 new guys that I've gotten to interact with - Delon and now Bruno. 

They both seemed to be genuinely excited to be HERE in Memphis and were kind of modest when I gave them some of the same compliments and comments that we share here on the boards. 

Haven't caught JV yet BUT I'm hoping that he will be here long enough for me to catch him at least some time next season.

Noah is another one that I would like to say whassup to ...

Welp ... tonight is the night !

I have some 'life' things to do that will keep me tied up until halftime - best believe though that I will be in the Forum in time for the second half tip!

Thanks for the inside stories. Hopefully they have a better second half than last night.

2 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Will Parsons be able to continue his games played streak in tact? 

Do you (any of you actually) think that he has done enough to get another team (ANY other team ) to take a look at him for next season?

I don't...

I am kind conflicted though .

I expected MUCH MORE form him earlier.

*he came back , went out and SUCKED

I lowered my expectations 

*he went back to street clothes 

I gave up all hope

*he dressed out and played well enough to not be considered the worst guy on the court.

7 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Do you (any of you actually) think that he has done enough to get another team (ANY other team ) to take a look at him for next season?

I don't...

I am kind conflicted though .

I expected MUCH MORE form him earlier.

*he came back , went out and SUCKED

I lowered my expectations 

*he went back to street clothes 

I gave up all hope

*he dressed out and played well enough to not be considered the worst guy on the court.

Nope. Looks like his knees are still an issue. So is the 25 mil he is owed next year.

5 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I'm ready for this year to end and can't wait till the next year begins. Oh Jesus, you a Cardinal fan? I thought you might be alright.

The cardinals are doing good though

8 hours ago, GameOn said:

GOLDEN STATE- Stephen Curry (Out, foot), DeMarcus Cousins (Out, load management) Draymond Green (Out Load Management), Shaun Livingston (Out, Load Management) Kevin Durant (Questionable, flu), Klay Thompson (Questionble, knee). Source:  GrizzlyBearBlues.com

MEMPHIS please don.t be stupid and fall in this trap and win we have a good chance of getting into the top 5 picks