chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs Golden State Warriors - 4/10/19

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: Wednesday, March 27, 7:00 PM

Memphis Grizzlies vs Golden State Warriors

Television: NBALP | Fox Sports South

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: Fan Appreciation Night

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Starting 5

Delon Wright Tyler Dorsey Justin Holiday Bruno Caboclo Ivan Rabb
1626153.png 1628416.png 203200.png 203998.png 1628397.png

Warriors Starting 5

Steph Curry Klay Thompson Kevin Durant Draymond Green Andrew Bogut
201939.png 202691.png 201142.png 203110.png 202326.png

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies: Kyle Anderson (INJ), Avery Bradley, (INJ), Dillon Brooks (INJ), Jevon Carter, Mike Conley (INJ), Jaren Jackson Jr (INJ), CJ Miles (INJ), Joakim Noah, Chandler Parsons, Jonas Valanciunas, Yuta Watanabe, Tyler Zeller

Golden State: Jordan Bell, Quinn Cook, DeMarcus Cousins, Marcus Derrickson, Jacob Evans, Andre Iquodala, Jonas Jerebko, Damian Jones (INJ), Damion Lee, Shaun Livingston, Kevin Looney, Alfonzo McKenzie

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Warriors: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

This is the fourth and final meeting between the Grizzlies and Warriors. The Grizzlies have not been competitive in the first three meetings losing by an average of 16 points. However this game should be more competitive as the Warriors won't want any of their stars getting dinged up right before the playoffs and the Grizzlies are having their Fan Appreciation Night. The Warriors are an offensive powerhouse again ranking second in the league in points scored while the Grizzlies are sitting in their customary 30th spot. However the Grizzlies have been picking up the pace lately ranking 15th in the league in scoring since March 1. Defense is where the Grizzlies and Warriors differ this season as well. Since March 1 in fact, the Grizzlies have a +5.5 scoring differential while the Warriors over that same time frame are only +2.8.  

Golden State will finish the season without the best record in the NBA. This happened last season too so it isn't by itself a sign of the franchise failing or not being a top favorite to win the title but this season the cracks in the franchise seemed larger than before. The Warriors are still led by the duo of Steph Curry and Kevin Durant with all-star level partners Klay Thompson and Draymond Green. Former All-Star center DeMarcus Cousins was also added to the roster but his impact hasn't been that impressive (or needed) while returning from Achilles Tendon surgery. Shaun Livingston and Andre Iquodala lead a strong bench as well. The Warriors have clinched the top spot in the West but trail the Raptors by only half a game heading into Tuesday night's games. Passing the Raptors has to be a desire of the Warriors as home court in the NBA finals is at stake if Toronto and Golden State reach the finals.  

The Grizzlies season ends with this game and it looks like the Grizzlies are going to be deep enough into the lottery to not convey their pick but not deep enough to have a realistic shot as winning a top pick to get a franchise changing player. This could be the last game for the Grizzlies current franchise player, Mike Conley, but he is not expected to play due to injury. Neither are Kyle Anderson, Dillon Brooks, CJ Miles, Jonas Valanciunas, Joakim Noah, Jaren Jackson Jr or Avery Bradley. The once promising start to the season has succumbed to injury, poor play and the somewhat surprising request to be traded by Marc Gasol. In many ways, the off-season couldn't arrive fast enough for the Grizzlies. The team has responded well down the stretch despite the almost impossible string of injuries. Delon Wright has set a franchise record with back to back triple doubles, Bruno Caboclo and Justin Holiday have found their games. 

this will be a good game it should go down to the end . we will see if our G league team is better then the warriors G league team

Durant and Thompson will probably play. Curry and Green likely won’t.

Bogut looks different 

just took a look at the starters for the warriors . if the warriors start and play that line up the grizzlies loss by 30

15 minutes ago, Gogrizz123 said:

Only way we win is the warriors are all injured 

KD and Klay wont play hard aand probably wont finish the game.

Just now, ALT GRIND said:

For the Warrior fans?

What good deeds have the warriors did in Memphis 

2 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

For the Warrior fans?

I always find it comical when their are a bunch of Warriors fans at The forum. Like Why are random people from Memphis Warriors fans? Just bang wagoners 

1 minute ago, Allen said:

I always find it comical when their are a bunch of Warriors fans at The forum. Like Why are random people from Memphis Warriors fans? Just bang wagoners 

Same

37 minutes ago, Allen said:

Who says they're from Memphis, those people in Cali have lots of money, . You sure it isn't banD wagoners instead of banG wagoners?

1 minute ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Who says they're from Memphis, those people in Cali have lots of money, . You sure it isn't banD wagoners instead of banG wagoners?

You think Californians plan trips to Memphis to watch Grizzlies games?

I believe that even if Warriors win this game and tie Toronto at 58 wins for the season, the Raptors still own the home court advantage if they meet in the NBA championship, so I believe all those guys will sit and the Grizzlies will face a peppy bench squad.

5 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I believe that even if Warriors win this game and tie Toronto at 58 wins for the season, the Raptors still own the home court advantage if they meet in the NBA championship, so I believe all those guys will sit and the Grizzlies will face a peppy bench squad.

If that's the case it may come down to coaching.  Kerr is good at mid game adjustments; JB.....eh I don't think so.

It may not matter (as far as home court advantage goes) if they win, but instilling confidence in his 2nd & 3rd stringers is something a smart coach will always have in mind.

My prediction.... Grizzlies come out hot and carry a big lead near the end of the 2nd quarter.  Sloppy careless play (which isn't nipped in the bud right away) causes the lead to go to single digits by halftime.  Warriors inch ahead in the 3rd and win going away by 12.

I've seen this movie before.

How. An you say JB isn’t good at mid game adjustments? Just because the team blew 18 double digit second half leads doesn’t mean JB can’t make halftime adjustments. 

That’s sarcasm by the way.

9 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Are you from or live in Memphis?

I’m from Memphis and live in Memphis and support the grizzlies till the day I die through thick and thin 

Who’s all sad besides me that today is the season finale for the grizzlies 

42 minutes ago, Gogrizz123 said:

Who’s all sad besides me that today is the season finale for the grizzlies 

I'm ready for this year to end and can't wait till the next year begins. Oh Jesus, you a Cardinal fan? I thought you might be alright.