chipc3

Grizzlies Returning to Las Vegas Summer League

Recommended Posts

MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES TO COMPETE IN MGM RESORTS NBA SUMMER LEAGUE 2019

Las Vegas to Host 11-Day, 83-Game Competition from July 5-15;

Chinese and Croatian National Teams to Join All 30 NBA Teams

 

Memphis, Tenn. – The NBA announced today that all 30 NBA teams, including the Memphis Grizzlies, will compete at MGM Resorts NBA Summer League 2019, which will take place from July 5-15 at the Thomas & Mack Center and Cox Pavilion on the campus of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.

 

In addition, the 15th NBA Summer League will feature the Chinese and Croatian National Teams, marking the first time two international teams will participate in the event. Team China previously played in Las Vegas at NBA Summer League 2007; Team Croatia will make its NBA Summer League debut.

 

MGM Resorts NBA Summer League 2019 will be an 11-day, 83-game competition that opens with all 32 teams playing four preliminary games each.  The top eight teams are then seeded in a tournament, which culminates with a Championship Game on July 15.  Teams that do not qualify for the tournament will each play a consolation game.  Every team will play at least five games and as many as seven at NBA Summer League.

 

Last year, all 30 NBA teams participated at MGM Resorts NBA Summer League for the first time.  NBA Summer League 2018 set a record for total attendance (139,972) for the second consecutive year and matched the single-day attendance record (17,500), which was established in 2017.

 

The 2018 event was the most-watched NBA Summer League ever, with ESPN and NBA TV combining to amass 30.4 million hours viewed.  Fans across social media platforms accounted for more than 565 million video views, an increase of 35 percent from the previous year.

 

Ticket information and complete game and broadcast schedules for MGM Resorts NBA Summer League 2019 will be announced at a later date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always enjoy summer league. I cant wait to fight for that summer league championship! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES TO PARTICIPATE IN 2019 SALT LAKE CITY SUMMER LEAGUE

Grizzlies Among Four Teams to Compete From July 1-3 at Vivint Smart Home Arena

 

Memphis, Tenn. – The Memphis Grizzlies will be among four teams competing in the renamed Salt Lake City Summer League, a six-game event hosted by the Utah Jazz from July 1-3 at Vivint Smart Home Arena. The participating teams in the round-robin summer showcase in downtown Salt Lake City will be the Grizzlies, Jazz, San Antonio Spurs and Cleveland Cavaliers.

 

The Salt Lake City Summer League presented by University of Utah Heath and the Utah Sports Commission will have a new look in its fifth year. Games will be played on a modified City Edition court.

 

General public sales will start on Monday, May 13 at 10 a.m. MT following a presale for Jazz season ticket members later this week. Lower bowl tickets will be available at $9 for a one-day pass or $16 for a three-day pass. A one-day pass provides access to both games played on that day.

 

Each team will play three games as part of daily doubleheaders on Monday-Wednesday at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. (MT). Tickets can be purchased online at www.slcsummerleague.com, on the Utah Jazz mobile app, by calling (801) 355-DUNK or visiting the Vivint Smart Home Arena box office during regular business hours.

 

The schedule of games, radio and television broadcast and streaming information for the Salt Lake City Summer League will be announced at a later date.

 

The Salt Lake City Summer League showcases rookies selected in the 2019 NBA Draft competing in their first NBA games, sophomores, select free agents and athletes competing to make NBA and G League regular season rosters. Last year in Salt Lake City, Grizzlies forward/center Jaren Jackson Jr. posted 29 points (9-15 FG, 8-13 3P, 3-5 FT) in his summer league debut.

 

Three-day attendance for last year’s summer league at Vivint Smart Home Arena was a record 33,884. The previous best had been 31,751 in 2015 when summer basketball returned to Salt Lake City for the first time since 2008.

 

With participation by more than 200 teams last year, an open Salt Lake City Summer League 3v3 Tournament will be held for the public all day on Monday, July 1. Competition will occur on outdoor courts at Park Place located across the street from Vivint Smart Home Arena. Multiple divisions, ranging from age 7 boys and girls to under 6-foot only teams and elite men’s and women’s categories, are available. Teams will play a minimum of four games, including a single elimination tournament. Participants will also receive a T-shirt and admission ticket to one day of the Salt Lake City Summer League. Registration is now available through www.SLCSummerLeague.com.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2019 at 12:02 PM, MemphisX said:

Zion time!

Agreed, Zion and jaren is a bonafide superstar tandem. After that you just work on getting the appropriate role players around them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear Zion and Michael Porter will square off possibly in the first game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2019 at 10:39 AM, chipc3 said:

MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES TO COMPETE IN MGM RESORTS NBA SUMMER LEAGUE 2019

Las Vegas to Host 11-Day, 83-Game Competition from July 5-15;

Chinese and Croatian National Teams to Join All 30 NBA Teams

 

Memphis, Tenn. – The NBA announced today that all 30 NBA teams, including the Memphis Grizzlies, will compete at MGM Resorts NBA Summer League 2019, which will take place from July 5-15 at the Thomas & Mack Center and Cox Pavilion on the campus of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.

 

In addition, the 15th NBA Summer League will feature the Chinese and Croatian National Teams, marking the first time two international teams will participate in the event. Team China previously played in Las Vegas at NBA Summer League 2007; Team Croatia will make its NBA Summer League debut.

 

MGM Resorts NBA Summer League 2019 will be an 11-day, 83-game competition that opens with all 32 teams playing four preliminary games each.  The top eight teams are then seeded in a tournament, which culminates with a Championship Game on July 15.  Teams that do not qualify for the tournament will each play a consolation game.  Every team will play at least five games and as many as seven at NBA Summer League.

 

Last year, all 30 NBA teams participated at MGM Resorts NBA Summer League for the first time.  NBA Summer League 2018 set a record for total attendance (139,972) for the second consecutive year and matched the single-day attendance record (17,500), which was established in 2017.

 

The 2018 event was the most-watched NBA Summer League ever, with ESPN and NBA TV combining to amass 30.4 million hours viewed.  Fans across social media platforms accounted for more than 565 million video views, an increase of 35 percent from the previous year.

 

Ticket information and complete game and broadcast schedules for MGM Resorts NBA Summer League 2019 will be announced at a later date.

last years team was pretty good intil they staring sitting jjj in the play-offs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I hear Zion and Michael Porter will square off possibly in the first game.

Zion is gonna break MPJ in half. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they don't draft anyone no one will care about the summer league team I wouldn't even let Jaren play of they don't have a draft pick to play with him. I'm not watching summer league for Jevon Carter 😑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm curious but how do you guys want me to handle the game threads in the summer league? Should I just have one thread for Salt Lake games and another for Vegas or what? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I'm curious but how do you guys want me to handle the game threads in the summer league? Should I just have one thread for Salt Lake games and another for Vegas or what? 

I’ll let you know in about 6 days😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I'm curious but how do you guys want me to handle the game threads in the summer league? Should I just have one thread for Salt Lake games and another for Vegas or what? 

I think one thread for each league would be perfect (and thanks for putting these together!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jevon will probably still struggle a bit on offense but it would be fascinating to see Jevon lock up Ja Morant and Darius Garland.  

On the flip side, Julian Washburn can't shoot/score either but if plays in Vegas he can defend pretty much anybody.  INCLUDING the new "next big thing" Zion Williamson.  Man, Wash/Burn might be the PERFECT guy to throw at Zion.

Yuta will probably be there.  If we don't have a pick he could be our best weapon on offense (yuck). 

Other than that, I can see us rolling out a bunch more scrubs.  I would like to get Tacko Fall or Mamadi Diakite.  I can see Jeremiah Martin being on our summer league roster and actually doing pretty well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES ANNOUNCE 2019 SALT LAKE CITY SUMMER LEAGUE SCHEDULE

Grizzlies to Play Three Games from July 1-3 at SLC Summer League at Vivint Smart Home Arena

 

Memphis, Tenn. – Organizers today announced the Memphis Grizzlies’ three-game schedule for the 2019 Salt Lake City Summer League presented by the University of Utah Health and the Utah Sports Commission from July 1-3 at Vivint Smart Home Arena.

 

The six-game, four-team summer showcase is conducted in a round-robin format with the Grizzlies, Utah Jazz, San Antonio Spurs and Cleveland Cavaliers.

 

The following is the 2019 Salt Lake City Summer League schedule (all Central Time):

 

Monday, July 1

6 p.m. – San Antonio vs. Cleveland

8 p.m. – Memphis vs. Utah

 

Tuesday, July 2                

6 p.m. – Memphis vs. San Antonio

8 p.m. – Cleveland vs. Utah 

 

Wednesday, July 3

6 p.m. – Cleveland vs. Memphis

8 p.m. – San Antonio vs. Utah

 

Tickets are now on sale. Lower bowl tickets are available at $9 for a one-day pass which provides access to both games played on that day. Three-day passes for all six games start at $16.

 

Tickets can be purchased online at www.SLCSummerLeague.com, on the Utah Jazz mobile app, by calling (801) 355-DUNK or visiting the Vivint Smart Home Arena box office during regular business hours.

 

The Salt Lake City Summer League showcases rookies selected in the 2019 NBA Draft competing in their first NBA games, sophomores, select free agents and athletes competing to make NBA and G League regular season rosters.

 

Recent summer league players have included Donovan Mitchell, Royce O’Neale, Georges Niang and Danté Exum (Utah); Davis Bertans, Bryn Forbes and Derrick White (San Antonio); Ben Simmons and Markelle Fultz (Philadelphia); Marcus Smart, Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown (Boston); Jaren Jackson Jr. (Memphis); and Trae Young and John Collins (Atlanta).

 

Three-day attendance for last year’s summer league at Vivint Smart Home Arena was a record 33,884. The previous best had been 31,751 in 2015 when summer basketball returned to Salt Lake City for the first time since 2008.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now