Back2Grizzness

Do we have a playoff contending roster?

When healthy?

1. Conley-top 8 pg

2. Bradley-top half shooting guard

3. KA-meh

4. JJJ-top half PF

5. JV-top 10 center

6. ?Brooks? (Who really knows what he is...injury bug)

7. CJ

8. Delon 

9. Noah

10. Holiday (this is where he should go...JB has him higher obviously)

11. Cabloco

The fact that we have to guess where players would fall when/if healthy shows our biggest problem. It seems it has been the same issue for the last 4-5 seasons...we cannot stay healthy. Are we the most consistently injured team in the NBA or do most teams have the same problem?

Contending to make the playoffs possibly but not likely. Contending once in the playoffs is a hard no. 

Just now, Once_a_hater said:

Ditto, if we add Zion and turn Parsons contract into a player we are a Playoff team for sure.

That's two HUGE ifs.

Likewise, if we trade Mike Conley for Steph Curry and sign Kevin Durant the MLE contract we'd look a lot better as well. 

Making the playoffs and contending are two very different things , at least to me anyway.

Making the playoffs- yup .

healthy and a nice mix of vets and fresh legs .

Contending - hard nope.

but then again- how many teams are REALLY contenders? 4 maybe ? 

11 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

That's two HUGE ifs.

Likewise, if we trade Mike Conley for Steph Curry and sign Kevin Durant the MLE contract we'd look a lot better as well. 

I know they are big ifs, but they are not as impossible as the examples you wisely used. 

48 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Making the playoffs and contending are two very different things , at least to me anyway.

Making the playoffs- yup .

healthy and a nice mix of vets and fresh legs .

Contending - hard nope.

but then again- how many teams are REALLY contenders? 4 maybe ? 

Yep the pieces are solid enough to contend for playoffs.  They just need a coach with a system to maximize them to get in playoffs.  

Championship contention - no sir. 

23 minutes ago, BAMAFREAK said:

There is a lot of delusion here. 

you DO know where 'here' is , right?

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Contending to make the playoffs possibly but not likely. Contending once in the playoffs is a hard no. 

Agree...if this roster could stay healthy (ha), I think we are a playoff team. 

BTW, the title is “playoff contending” not “title contending”. I see the confusion, but I mean can this roster contend for a playoff spot

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

That's two HUGE ifs.

Chip for GM!

On what planet is Avery Bradley a top half sh?

14 minutes ago, Back2Grizzness said:

Chip for GM!

Absolutely Fucking Not Leo - ABSOLUTELY      NOT     .

2 hours ago, Allen said:

On what planet is Avery Bradley a top half sh?

1 hour ago, russian grizzly said:

In a galaxy, far far away...

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

LV-426

so ya'll are just counting offense here or ...?

cause defensively - absolutely he is top shelf.

we JUST finished cheering our faces off for TA - real good defender (maybe a 1st team all defense nod in there somewhere)

NO OFFENSE AT ALL ...

top shelf FOR US... (I'm guessing the closet thing to him right now is Mr. Ugly Mug Pat Bev)

let's just for the sake of this AND ALL FURTHER CONVERSATIONS assume that we :

do not have Lebron , Kobe, Steph, Dame, AD, (any superstar goes here) coming here. period.

So - for us - he is top shelf.

Name one better , with his experience , reputation, price, available to us now. 

chasing around the opponents (more often than not) - leading scorer at the 2 or 3 (and mobile enough to bother points ) 

now that I look at it - I'd be comfortable with him playing spot man to man on the 1 - 4 - consistently / withOUT fouling / making them WORK for every inch

any offense he gives you is straight up extra.

don't blow layups

do not force shots

don't unnecessarily whine / moan / complain to refs 

gets back on d

take care of the ball

have enough of a handle to be able to put it on the floor and make a couple solid moves to the hole

play like you give a gosh darn... 

we cannot have all star offensive layers 1-5 ... come on...

21 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

sometimes I really wanna go all KD on here and register me a burner too

🤨

Don't get me wrong -- i like Avery but he is barely 6'2.  That really limits his effectiveness especially alongside 5'11' Conley.  

I would say he is a starting level SG for sure.  

4 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Don't get me wrong -- i like Avery but he is barely 6'2.  That really limits his effectiveness especially alongside 5'11' Conley.  

I would say he is a starting level SG for sure.  

I hear you ... I'm just asking - who (realistically / available / affordable) would yall consider top shelf at the 2 ?

2 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I hear you ... I'm just asking - who (realistically / available / affordable) would yall consider top shelf at the 2 ?

My new plan is aiming for Malik Beasley.   I am fine with keeping Avery if we could.  I just don't think he is ultimately a good fit alongside Conley due to size.    That's why i wanted to see him with more minutes alongside Delon.   

I am cool with keeping pretty much anyone (Parsons not included heh) but I'm also cool with moving any person on this roster to improve it.  And I don't mean just trade player A for player B because you want to turn over the roster to give an appearance of attempting to improve.  Use these assets to build a team you envision succeeding.  If you cant envision a scenario where your trades make your team better now and moving forward then get a new job and let someone else run the show because you lack the ability to create a team.